Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Krazy_blah »

Yeahhh... just figured that out. Was sent a text during a flight, posted, then decided to think. Never mind.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
sudnshok
Bronco's Fan

Post by sudnshok »

MobileVortex wrote:(NOTE: This newsletter is a work in progress. CHECK BACK for UPDATES).
July 29... and still haven't seen any of those June newsletter updates. Guess it's hard to provide updates when there is likely no progress being made on anything by this band. I see Maynard and Danny working (on things other than Tool)... I wonder if Adam and Justin even get out of bed anymore these days.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

There's nothing to suggest that progress on the album isn't being made behind the scenes. Absence of news isn't proof that nothing is happening.
But you do get the impression of worryingly long periods of inactivity in the Tool camp these last few years and not all of all it can be put down to impending lawsuits and illnesses.
Wouldn't surprise me if each member had at some point asked "why are we even still bothering with this?"
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote: Wouldn't surprise me if each member had at some point asked "why are we even still bothering with this?"
It is a concern I guess, but I think that there are members of the band vocal enough that if there were concerns internally we would have heard about them by now.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

sudnshok wrote:
MobileVortex wrote:(NOTE: This newsletter is a work in progress. CHECK BACK for UPDATES).
July 29... and still haven't seen any of those June newsletter updates. Guess it's hard to provide updates when there is likely no progress being made on anything by this band. I see Maynard and Danny working (on things other than Tool)... I wonder if Adam and Justin even get out of bed anymore these days.
Well, the July Newsletter is up...so there's that.

Last edited by nxrm on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

In other news, I see that Tool aficionado, "HELLBOY", has given http://www.fourtheye.net a 10th-anniversay makeover. Congrats, Matt! As many Too enthusiasts already know, Hellboy's minions actively scour the internet for any breaking Tool and Tool-related news, and this is usually presented in a timely fashion (though a few members appear to have all but given up on any new Tool record, switching their musical allegiance instead to bands like "Walk The Moon" and "Drown By Mom.")
I love Too.

I liked this newsletter.
Don't mow your lawn
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Maybe I'll go and interview one of these new parking bollards myself and let you know if they have anything else interesting to share.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Grats on the mention HB ;)
also, Avatar!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The new album is called Pluto Rising - you read it here first!
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

hellboy wrote:The new album is called Pluto Rising - you read it here first!
Hmmm, I think Blair's been hinting at it being called Parking Bollard for a while now.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

That's a good suggestion nxrm
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Did one of you all actually post music by the two bands Blair name dropped?
Hey! Denty!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I didn't do anything!
also, Avatar!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:Did one of you all actually post music by the two bands Blair name dropped?
I don't recall either of them, but Drown By Mom seems like a cool band name.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I thought it may have been UKE but I'm guessing he would've said something.

I liked the newsletter, I took it as his way of saying "I'm giving you what I can" and "everything is still plugging away". Nice to see him give 4th Eye and HB their props.
Hey! Denty!
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

So is he hinting that a few of the other tracks are now near enough completion for MJK?
"Too bad, as those of us who have heard - and without a continua widget -several nearly complete, lengthy arrangements (sans MJK), know that the new stuff will be well worth the wait to any fan of the band"

Since back in February/March MJK was laying down [his] pipes on a few of the tracks that were complete enough for vocals, but he was still waiting for the band to finish the other tracks...

At least I think that's what's going on. :?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It says to me that songwriting is progressing well at last. Tracks are nearing completion, and while I expect they'll still probably spend most of the remainder of the year songwriting, th signs are good for them hopefully recording in the next 12 months.

I'll also add I got an email from Blair as well this morning. Nothing too exciting, but he suggests that while nothing has been signed yet, there have been a couple of offers for shows around the Monster Mash date. We'll have to wait and see what happens there, but I don't think we'd be waiting to much longer for an announcement.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

TOOL NEWSLETTER DECEMBER 2012, E.V.

“Something that might be encouraging to some Tool enthusiasts is that while riding with Danny to Chili John’s yesterday, I heard a lot of new Tool music (sans Maynard). This was the most new material that I’ve heard so far, although a few of the riffs and arrangements were familiar. So, what did I think? Dare I say that it sounded like… Tool (some of it reminiscent to earlier Tool stuff, with other parts pushing the envelope), and I assume that it will sound even more like Tool once the vocal melodies, etc. have been added. To answer your next question, I cannot say how far along in the writing process the band is. If I had to GUESS, I would say more than half way (and keep in mind that in the past, at least, the writing went faster once the first few [more complex] songs were finished).”
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote:TOOL NEWSLETTER DECEMBER 2012, E.V.

“Something that might be encouraging to some Tool enthusiasts is that while riding with Danny to Chili John’s yesterday, I heard a lot of new Tool music (sans Maynard). This was the most new material that I’ve heard so far, although a few of the riffs and arrangements were familiar. So, what did I think? Dare I say that it sounded like… Tool (some of it reminiscent to earlier Tool stuff, with other parts pushing the envelope), and I assume that it will sound even more like Tool once the vocal melodies, etc. have been added. To answer your next question, I cannot say how far along in the writing process the band is. If I had to GUESS, I would say more than half way (and keep in mind that in the past, at least, the writing went faster once the first few [more complex] songs were finished).”
Well, only another three years to wait I guess!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig wrote:I thought it may have been UKE but I'm guessing he would've said something.
Weird, I thought it was a reference to me too. Except I've never heard of Walk The Moon before. Drown By Mom isn't a real band though, so I don't know.
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

That was my other thought, that he made up band names that seemingly match the various odd names posted in the music section.

"Drown by Mom" could be a reference to Aenima/Aenema, whichever the song is. For what reason? Who knows.
Hey! Denty!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Bill Hilly wrote:TOOL NEWSLETTER DECEMBER 2012, E.V.

December 2012.

LOL.

That kinda puts things into perspective. And NOT in an encouraging way.

Still....they DID recently say they were free of lawsuits and raring to go.....

But I doubt...SERIOUSLY DOUBT...that recording will start within six months.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I'm just a minion reporting the current news to our overlord. I think the new album will be called Pearl Onion.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
scissor
Maynard Believer

Post by scissor »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
In other news, I see that Tool aficionado, "HELLBOY", has given http://www.fourtheye.net a 10th-anniversay makeover. Congrats, Matt! As many Too enthusiasts already know, Hellboy's minions actively scour the internet for any breaking Tool and Tool-related news, and this is usually presented in a timely fashion (though a few members appear to have all but given up on any new Tool record, switching their musical allegiance instead to bands like "Walk The Moon" and "Drown By Mom.")
I love Too.

I liked this newsletter.
"Too Enthusiasts"

To out hastiness
So outs hesitant
So to enthusiast
Thetas suit soon
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

scissor wrote:
UndKeineZwEier wrote:
I love Too.

I liked this newsletter.
"Too Enthusiasts"

To out hastiness
So outs hesitant
So to enthusiast
Thetas suit soon
We already have a Specter...

Is that you, Cheese?
Ki77aan :twisted: