Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:Yep.

And as I said earlier, Tool isn't unique when it comes to "these types of fans". Everyone's got them.
Yep, insufferable retards is a label that can be applied to the human race, and not just a subset of it.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

junior wrote:
greasy wrote:Adam Jones. Instagram. Recording studio. :shock:
That's the Loft, FWIW.
Thanks for this Junior! Always nice to have official confirmation of things. And by things, I simply mean confirming the location...nothing more. :)
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

After the article and social media blow up at that comment, the monster mash (I believe) maynard said "sorry" in place of "dumb founded dipshits", thought that was touching haha
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Yes it was at the mash, I can confirm. Was quite clever IMO.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I too was there and can confirm that it was indeed a graveyard smash as well.
Don't mow your lawn
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Yeah, it caught on in a flash.
Professor of Lesbian Science
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

Wondering if they cut soundcheck from VIP experience.
go taff!
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

I think it would be cool if they let the VIP's do a tour of the stage. Even if it was just a quick walk across it.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

fuck yes.
go taff!
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

MobileVortex wrote:I think it would be cool if they let the VIP's do a tour of the stage. Even if it was just a quick walk across it.
I would never trust a fan of any band to walk past my equipment. On the soundcheck thing, I would hope the VIP's for this tour get the soundcheck songs. Like I have said in multiple threads that's the main reason why I feel the $500 is worth the VIP. I have asked the question but never got an answer on if they did the soundcheck on the last mini tour they did? I did the 2014 Vegas VIP and don't know if they did the soundcheck for 2015 and 2016. One of the best experiences of my life was just standing by the railing and with the house lights up watching the 3 members of the band play 2 songs instrumentally. Whoa, not to sound to fan boyish but it brought a couple of tears to my eyes because of how loud and personal it felt.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

I did the 2009 NIN meet and greet in Chicago, that money was to help a person who needed a heart transplant BTW, and we got to walk on the stage. Those lights were fucking WARM! Next time you go to a show and think how easy it is for bands to just prop their bodies up on stage for a couple hours think again. Had more respect for musicians doing that than I thought I ever would.

Not to say they're pro athletes running an eight hour marathon or anything, but still didn't expect that.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Krazy_blah wrote:I did the 2009 NIN meet and greet in Chicago, that money was to help a person who needed a heart transplant BTW, and we got to walk on the stage. Those lights were fucking WARM! Next time you go to a show and think how easy it is for bands to just prop their bodies up on stage for a couple hours think again. Had more respect for musicians doing that than I thought I ever would.

Not to say they're pro athletes running an eight hour marathon or anything, but still didn't expect that.
hence why Tool takes an intermission
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
Krazy_blah wrote:I did the 2009 NIN meet and greet in Chicago, that money was to help a person who needed a heart transplant BTW, and we got to walk on the stage. Those lights were fucking WARM! Next time you go to a show and think how easy it is for bands to just prop their bodies up on stage for a couple hours think again. Had more respect for musicians doing that than I thought I ever would.

hence why Tool takes an intermission
I dunno, most bands don't take 10 minutes for an intermission.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Some guy emailed me today about a recent Adam Jones Instagram pic featuring him preparing a Lobster from Maine. He suggested to me this also happened after 10k Days was mastered there as well. Thoughts?

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I'd bet all the money I have that it's simply dinner at home.

There is no way at all they will be able to record an album in secret.
Insert
Maynard Believer

Post by Insert »

Did The internet even exist back then?
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Man, Adam has to know that he is fucking with the hardcore fans that know they master their albums in Maine right? The post says they were shipped in and that means I don't think he is in Maine. That's my thoughts, but it could be a hint and it could be we are drooling so hard for a new album that we see delicious lobster from Maine and think it's a secret code. Man I want the new album and a lobster dinner whilst listening to it.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Uh, Maine has lobsters.
Don't mow your lawn
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

The original lobster references are from TOOL NEWSLETTER - FEBRUARY, 2006 e.v. However in that instance, the entire band traveled to Maine for the mastering.

Adam's Instagram post could be a veiled reference to mastering, but I wouldn't bet on it. Recording in secret and having a surprise release really doesn't make much sense. I still think we'll know more about the process as it's happening. Happy to be wrong though.

More interesting are the magic letters in the answer to the question at the top of TOOL NEWSLETTER - MARCH, 2006 e.v., revealling "Rosetta Stoned." I don't recall that. I do remember noticing the "Tool 10,000 Days" graffiti on the picture of Giant Rock after the album was released though (bottom of the Newsletter).
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Uh, Maine has lobsters.
Who's got crabs? Anyone???
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Krazy_blah wrote:
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

nxrm wrote:
Krazy_blah wrote:
Little guy is just having some fun at the titty bar. It's all good.

What are we supposed to be looking at in that old newsletter about Rosetta Stoned and magic letters? I must be missing something...
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

nxrm wrote:The original lobster references are from TOOL NEWSLETTER - FEBRUARY, 2006 e.v. However in that instance, the entire band traveled to Maine for the mastering.

Adam's Instagram post could be a veiled reference to mastering, but I wouldn't bet on it. Recording in secret and having a surprise release really doesn't make much sense. I still think we'll know more about the process as it's happening. Happy to be wrong though.

More interesting are the magic letters in the answer to the question at the top of TOOL NEWSLETTER - MARCH, 2006 e.v., revealling "Rosetta Stoned." I don't recall that. I do remember noticing the "Tool 10,000 Days" graffiti on the picture of Giant Rock after the album was released though (bottom of the Newsletter).
I'm not betting on it being other than a coincidence.

It is interesting going back through the pre-10k Days newsletters - there are some cool tidbits here and there.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Krazy_blah wrote:What are we supposed to be looking at in that old newsletter about Rosetta Stoned and magic letters? I must be missing something...
Ah, the answer at the top of the Newsletter is "A OR ET TESTS ON D" but if you hover over it with your mouse cursor, the letters rearrange to spell "ROSETTA STONED." This was before the album title and track list were released, so it's a bit of secret information Blair shared.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

hellboy wrote:It is interesting going back through the pre-10k Days newsletters - there are some cool tidbits here and there.
Oh yes, I quite agree.

I was bummed when they pruned the News Archive section years ago: the earliest visible post at the moment is May 11, 2006. I recently discovered earlier posts are accessible, but it's a bit of a hassle to locate them. In retrospect I should have made a list of the valid links for my own archive purposes. I'm not sure it's really worth the time/effort to go back and do it, but maybe if/when I have some free time. There were some interesting things in those missing posts as well (text & pictures).