Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
the chill
Duck Hater

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by the chill »

nxrm wrote:
Dude, if I didn't already have seats I'd totally go with you. There are those two tickets in Orchestra 2, Row K going for $365 each (a bit steep), but there are about 150 tickets up on StubHub throughout Orchestra 2 - starting at $200 each. Hate supporting scumbag scalpers, but sometimes that compromise might have to be made for Tool.
Hey man! It was good meeting ya at the Hollywood APC show. I was very drunk and had indulged in some drugs, so hopefully wasn't to silly. Good to know you will at least be at the show and I will know some people there(have some friends of friends that will be in the grass). There are some nice seats on stubhub that I will be purchasing after see the first couple of setlists. Lots of bands at the show that I have not seen live, so thinking I will have to go, even if I am the weird guy that goes to the show by himself, haha.

I went to the 2010 Vegas show by myself. My ex-wife and I drove down from Salt Lake. She wasn't interested in the show and hung out with her aunt. My friend from Idaho had died the night before from drunk/pill driving head on into a semi truck. He and I had that love for Tool kind of bond and his wife called us that morning to tell us the news. My ex dropped me off to Planet Hollywood and got to my seat and the whole show the seat next to me was empty. I ain't religious or spiritual but my friend Leonard was next to me in my mind the whole show. So going by myself shouldn't be that big of a deal because I have done it in the past, but I had my ghost friend with me. Had to joke about my own shit, haha.

Quick edit: I think I only post here when I am drunk.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

nxrm wrote:Hey Junior,

Do you have a favorite Tool song? How about a favorite Tool song while you're working a tour, as in while you're lighting it during a show?

Thanks!
I'd have to think about that.
I don't know if "Lateralus" is my final answer, but it's up there. It always had so many parts working in and out of each other. Quite an opus, really.
"Wings/10,000 Days" was always a big one.it was also the first song I heard off that record. It was a lot to digest.
"D/R/T" was big. I would have liked to try that one with more modern production equipment. I think it could have been large.
"Ænema" has always been a fun one.
There are many, and my favourite is probably more of a moving target. There are some older ones, as well. Stuff like "Bottom", "H." , "4°", "Flood", "Jerk Off", "Cold and Ugly", "Part of Me", "Prison Sex"...............
I guess I can't just name them all.
That's a tough question.
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

junior wrote: "D/R/T" was big. I would have liked to try that one with more modern production equipment. I think it could have been large.
That would be truly awesome. For me, seeing that live would just be the epitome of Tool. I guess its too late to expect that on the upcoming tour as it doesn't exactly sound like something you could wing at the last minute!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

the chill wrote: So going by myself shouldn't be that big of a deal because I have done it in the past, but I had my ghost friend with me. Had to joke about my own shit, haha.

You joke about your own shit?

You're weird.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

junior wrote: "D/R/T" was big. I would have liked to try that one with more modern production equipment. I think it could have been large.
Oh, PLEASE needle them about this until they do it.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

junior wrote:
nxrm wrote:Hey Junior,

Do you have a favorite Tool song? How about a favorite Tool song while you're working a tour, as in while you're lighting it during a show?

Thanks!
I'd have to think about that.
I don't know if "Lateralus" is my final answer, but it's up there. It always had so many parts working in and out of each other. Quite an opus, really.
"Wings/10,000 Days" was always a big one.it was also the first song I heard off that record. It was a lot to digest.
"D/R/T" was big. I would have liked to try that one with more modern production equipment. I think it could have been large.
"Ænema" has always been a fun one.
There are many, and my favourite is probably more of a moving target. There are some older ones, as well. Stuff like "Bottom", "H." , "4°", "Flood", "Jerk Off", "Cold and Ugly", "Part of Me", "Prison Sex"...............
I guess I can't just name them all.
That's a tough question.
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond, and what a great list of tracks indeed. You're clearly very familiar with the music, having to work your own art over/with the music as it's being played...live no less! What a cool experience, and your appreciation of the music truly comes through.

I'd love a chance to experience "Wings/10,000 Days" again, although it sounds like that's extremely unlikely at this point.

I'd also like to see what you'd do with modern equipment for "D/R/T". If there's a suggestion box at Tool headquarters I think you should drop that one in there. :D

Thanks again, and all the best to you on this upcoming tour!
Last edited by nxrm on Wed May 17, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

the chill wrote:
nxrm wrote:
Dude, if I didn't already have seats I'd totally go with you. There are those two tickets in Orchestra 2, Row K going for $365 each (a bit steep), but there are about 150 tickets up on StubHub throughout Orchestra 2 - starting at $200 each. Hate supporting scumbag scalpers, but sometimes that compromise might have to be made for Tool.
Hey man! It was good meeting ya at the Hollywood APC show. I was very drunk and had indulged in some drugs, so hopefully wasn't to silly. Good to know you will at least be at the show and I will know some people there(have some friends of friends that will be in the grass). There are some nice seats on stubhub that I will be purchasing after see the first couple of setlists. Lots of bands at the show that I have not seen live, so thinking I will have to go, even if I am the weird guy that goes to the show by himself, haha.

I went to the 2010 Vegas show by myself. My ex-wife and I drove down from Salt Lake. She wasn't interested in the show and hung out with her aunt. My friend from Idaho had died the night before from drunk/pill driving head on into a semi truck. He and I had that love for Tool kind of bond and his wife called us that morning to tell us the news. My ex dropped me off to Planet Hollywood and got to my seat and the whole show the seat next to me was empty. I ain't religious or spiritual but my friend Leonard was next to me in my mind the whole show. So going by myself shouldn't be that big of a deal because I have done it in the past, but I had my ghost friend with me. Had to joke about my own shit, haha.

Quick edit: I think I only post here when I am drunk.
The Chill is indeed chill. I highly recommend getting to meet/hang with him if you ever have the opportunity.

Also, very sorry to hear about the death of your friend. Going to that show the night after, with an empty seat next to you... :(
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

@the chill I might be interested in getting great seats for that show. I'm still working on the logistics of hitting these last 6 shows. Car rentals are crazy expensive. Shoot me a PM if you want.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

unrelated....but....damn, Cornell is gone.
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Maynard J Keenan‏
@mjkeenan

[youtube][/youtube]
Peace, Love and Understanding (W/Maynard James Keenan)
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

<3
also, Avatar!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Drives me nuts watching that guy play every riff incorrectly haha.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Vicarious was real bad. Those videos are mad funny though. They did one for Rush a few weeks ago where they chose a Charvel guitar because Alex Lifeson has a custom Les Paul with a floyd rose, but they didn't have a Les Paul with a floyd rose so they decided to go with a Charvel instead. They were a little concerned that they might not be able to replicate his tone because the Charvel had a maple fretboard and not a rosewood one, but went ahead with it anyways.
Don't mow your lawn
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Does anybody know how to get in contact with any of the owners/admins over at distortiononline.com? I've tried emailing them with no response. The 'Tour Journal' part of the site has a lot of great historical setlist information but it hasn't been updated since 2014. I'd hate for it to just disappear from the internet one day. I'd like to see it live on and I'd even volunteer the time to update it.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

fortysixand2 wrote:Does anybody know how to get in contact with any of the owners/admins over at distortiononline.com? I've tried emailing them with no response. The 'Tour Journal' part of the site has a lot of great historical setlist information but it hasn't been updated since 2014. I'd hate for it to just disappear from the internet one day. I'd like to see it live on and I'd even volunteer the time to update it.
Is that the correct link? All that I get is a pic of a pay phone with some nonsense underneath it...
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

^ yeah you need to hit one of the numbers to get in the site.

@fortysixandtwo, one of the guys that help run the site I think posts here or toolnavy forum. Not sure which, but very friendly guy and he is the one that got me hooked on bootleg live Tool. There was some streaming live music on that website and I asked the dude if he could send me a copy of the LA show from 2001 and he did. I went on a download spree after that, lol.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

I tried that earlier (and again just now), nothing happens with either clicking on it or entering a number on keyboard. Would like to see an archive/database of show setlists.

#DoNotKnow
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

@the chill - Thanks for the info. I remember the streaming live music section. Tried to download them from the site but they ended up being like 92 kbps lol.

@Krazy_blah - Use http://distortiononline.com/temp2008/ to bypass the phone. Click on the remote control then hit Tour Journal.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Some guy on Twitter is claiming to be with Alex Grey at the festival in NYC. Getting ready to meet with TOOL with a VR proposal?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Danny and Justin drop in on the NYC Soccer teams change rooms (also featuring the great man LL Cool J):

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Danny and Justin wasting their lives by not working on a Tool album:

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I loulzed

For a second I thought that was Rhonda Rousey.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Nah that's Danny
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote:Nah that's Danny