Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

I admit, I secretly hope that Maynard forgets all about APC and just focuses on Tool.

For me, I won't let me hopes get up until something more concrete is announced. Who knows when the fuck we'll actually see the album. If APC does manage to find traction in regards to a new album, then I have no doubt we could see some US, EU and AU dates in 2018, which would certainly make a Tool release tough. It wouldn't be a massive shock to see 2018 be a largely APC year, and then 2019 Tool becomes the focus (at least from a release/touring perspective)
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Im surprised you've got some confidence on a 2018 release Hellboy. They've clearly still got some work to do , I'll be stunned if we see a 2018 and at this point im more hopeful than confident of a 2019 release even.
Listen to All Them Witches
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

TOOL's Maynard James Keenan Explains Why He Doesn't Like Cellphones At His Shows

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-ne ... -shows/amp
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

HELLO!!!!

Is there anybody out there?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I think this thread is going to be very quiet for the next 6 months or so. See you all in 2018!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

hellboy wrote:I think this thread is going to be very quiet for the next 6 months or so. See you all in 2018!
Should I start rumors about the next mini-tour?
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Krazy_blah wrote:
hellboy wrote:I think this thread is going to be very quiet for the next 6 months or so. See you all in 2018!
Should I start rumors about the next mini-tour?
Bit too early for that I think - save them for closer to Xmas
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

It's a couple days closer to X-mas, hoe about now?

I'm itching for a Tool show anyways.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

So, how burned out of descending are people (or should I say us too-good-for-our-own-knowing-fans) going to be when/if they release the new album and tour on it? Going to be like "oh yeah, heard this one for years now!" lol! Have been thinking about that situation every time I've heard it now, don't get men wrong that jam rocks and cool to see the different transformations its taken (even if its subtle) imo, but always thought to myself "could fill this time in with some other song whether they bring back good old Sober or the more fitting The Patient." ...Also just took a trip to the new restaurant/tasting room Osteria. food was amazing and atmosphere way different than Caduceus cellars. In fact learned that they have heavy metal mondays that they play heavier music and you get a discount if you wear some kind of metal band shirt. Also sounds like Maynard looking to open up another restaurant/wine venture in cottonwood called (excuse me if I get this wrong) Hidden Hand / 33degrees wine, which I'm trying to remember (had lots of wine that day!) will be an operation room that would do tours and serve food and drinks, also believe this is part of a Tim White deal too. So makes since why the guys been on a tour frenzy, gotta generate that revenue! Anyways just my scotch driven rant at 3am az. time, spiral out all till next time!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

^
also, Avatar!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

azbay wrote:So, how burned out of descending are people (or should I say us too-good-for-our-own-knowing-fans) going to be when/if they release the new album and tour on it? Going to be like "oh yeah, heard this one for years now!" lol! Have been thinking about that situation every time I've heard it now, don't get men wrong that jam rocks and cool to see the different transformations its taken (even if its subtle) imo, but always thought to myself "could fill this time in with some other song whether they bring back good old Sober or the more fitting The Patient." ...Also just took a trip to the new restaurant/tasting room Osteria. food was amazing and atmosphere way different than Caduceus cellars. In fact learned that they have heavy metal mondays that they play heavier music and you get a discount if you wear some kind of metal band shirt. Also sounds like Maynard looking to open up another restaurant/wine venture in cottonwood called (excuse me if I get this wrong) Hidden Hand / 33degrees wine, which I'm trying to remember (had lots of wine that day!) will be an operation room that would do tours and serve food and drinks, also believe this is part of a Tim White deal too. So makes since why the guys been on a tour frenzy, gotta generate that revenue! Anyways just my scotch driven rant at 3am az. time, spiral out all till next time!
I find Descending reasonably uninspired, so would be kinda ok with it not being on the album. Not that I think it's bad, it just sounds like by-the-numbers Tool.

That said, from what I remember from Adam's discussions of the song, it's just a small part of a bigger song.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

^ agreed. I find descending and the new mid section for opiate to just be fairly standard jam type riffs. Hopefully descending can dish up something special which I'm sure it will once its heard in its entirety.
Listen to All Them Witches
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

I'm reading an article about an upcoming re-master and re-release of all of Tool's albums (via Reddit). Anyone heard anything about this or is this old news?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Completely new to me. Interesting though. I'd like to see re releases on vinyl

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

Well I hope they re-master them for CD as well (or at least high quality digital release). Vinyl only would be a disappointment. Fingers crossed.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

I have a hard time believing Danny sits down and sifts through the thousands of emails he gets on a daily basis on his toolband.com account.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I imagine it's probably like an assistant or something. What's the point of having that email address if you don't check it?
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

fortysixand2 wrote:I have a hard time believing Danny sits down and sifts through the thousands of emails he gets on a daily basis on his toolband.com account.
I doubt he actually does, but it would be simple enough for him to use this email address or sending.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Sooooooooooooooo...........................

....................... anyone hear any good, funny jokes lately?...
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel on his crotch. The bartender asks "Doesn't that hurt?" And the pirate replies "Arr, it drives me nuts."
Don't mow your lawn
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Yo momma's so fat, that bish rolled over a dollar bill and made four quarters.
nph149
Maynard Believer

Post by nph149 »

Well here's a possible reference to Net of Being in the latest episode of Rick and Morty. There was also a lot of The Holy Mountain references - not Tool-related, but I know King Buzzo has expressed his admiration for the movie before. Sorry it's not a joke, gang.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn