Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by lukas »

Coachella 2020. May 2020
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote:Wait, Tool are playing Coachella?
Just finished reading that interview. I think the mistake is on the part of the editor, I imagine Danny is referring to the other festivals Tool is playing. No change Tool are playing Coachella this year. I don't think he's referring to 2019 (though I probably wouldn't rule out Tool playing Coachella then).

The good news is the suggestion that Tool will be in the studio soon. That actually being the case, I feel a bit better about a possible 2018 release.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Yeah, that parenthetical looks like an author's note to me.
Don't mow your lawn
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I was just pointing out the ridiculousness of the statement. Even the new Rolling Stone article is full of mistakes.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It's a clickbait race to the bottom with websites these days.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Most of the internet is click bate these days. Strange times we are living in right now.

Adam Jones - "Music is done. Lyrics coming in hard."
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

All sounding good. Enough evidence now to assume that we're on the home stretch. Even some chance we might actually see it this year...
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Bill Hilly wrote:Most of the internet is click bate these days. Strange times we are living in right now.

Adam Jones - "Music is done. Lyrics coming in hard."
Here's the source of anyone is interestedImage

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Well that's some solid, good news! There's about two months before APC will probably start rehearsal for their spring tour and MJK's a workaholic. This time next year we could be listening to brand new Tool sounds.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

fortysixand2 wrote:Well that's some solid, good news! There's about two months before APC will probably start rehearsal for their spring tour and MJK's a workaholic. This time next year we could be listening to brand new Tool sounds.
I really think this is happening this year. Theyve always said when they start finishing up that we would be the first to know. They wouldnt keep it a secret. Lots of positive things this last month or so:
Justin says its coming out in 2018
Danny says Justin didnt lie, and its coming out in 2018
Adams wife says 2018 and new music
Adam comments that music is done and lyrics are coming in
MJK has some time between ventures to devote to Tool.

All signs are pointing in the right direction!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Assuming this is true, and we actually have no reason to think it isn’t this time (to my knowledge they’ve never straight up said that before), they still gotta get together and adjust the music for the lyrics.

With May Jay’s schedule I still don’t think May is doable but this year looks good. Finally.

Still, let’s not get too psyched til a date is announced.
Hey! Denty!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ravenpig wrote:Assuming this is true, and we actually have no reason to think it isn’t this time (to my knowledge they’ve never straight up said that before), they still gotta get together and adjust the music for the lyrics.

With May Jay’s schedule I still don’t think May is doable but this year looks good. Finally.

Still, let’s not get too psyched til a date is announced.
Its time like these that i miss Blairs newsletters.... I would love to read some long drawn out mysterious story about a fast food restaurant woven with Tool news....
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I hope Blair comes back soon. I thought Hellboy mentioned that he spoke with him recently and said he will be doing newsletters again? I could be wrong on that.

Thanks Z for posting the actual screenshot. I think this is pretty solid news, coming from Adam. We may get a new Tool album in 2018, but there is no way this thing could come out in May. That's like 3 months away.

I think the earliest we are going to see this record come out is in the fall of this year.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Bill Hilly wrote:I hope Blair comes back soon. I thought Hellboy mentioned that he spoke with him recently and said he will be doing newsletters again? I could be wrong on that.

Thanks Z for posting the actual screenshot. I think this is pretty solid news, coming from Adam. We may get a new Tool album in 2018, but there is no way this thing could come out in May. That's like 3 months away.

I think the earliest we are going to see this record come out is in the fall of this year.
No problem man.. I actually came ot the forum to post the photo and realized you had beat me to it with the quote. I agree thought that fall is likely. Maynard just did an interview recently where he stated that you release albums in the spring or fall. Those are the good times to do it. Correct me if im wrong, but didnt 10k Days come out in May?? Techincally thats "spring" but it feels a little late for spring. I still think November 2018 at the earliest.
sudnshok
Bronco's Fan

Post by sudnshok »

Assuming that screenshot is true, that is the best update we've had so far on the new album. Maynard won't be a bottleneck. There is finally light at the end of the tunnel.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It's all good news. May ain't a thing unless they're recorded more than what we already know. Later this year seems a little more likely now. Worst case I think we're talking early 2019 unless we see some kind of band implosion.

Regarding Newsletters, when I spoke to Blair he was still pretty keen, and has material, but the website is the problem. I noted there is now a Newsletter Archives section on Toolband, however it is empty. I think it's still a WIP.
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

Maynard won't be a bottleneck.
i agree. he also wrote most of the lyrics of lateralus and 10k days within a very short time. and you have to consider that he was constantly updated with the progress of the other 3. given the amount of music and all the work maynard manages to get done, i honestly have no concerns when it comes to mjk.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

There was an interview on Triple J way back, whereby Adam mentioned Maynard completing the lyrics for Lateralus in four weeks or some ridiculous time like that. All things being equal (and they rarely ever are) I can see a new Tool album hitting the stores by September.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

That horizon is definitely getting closer. All good things indeed.

Seems like 2018 is possible, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if it happens...but my (new) guess is early 2019.

No need to rush at this point. :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Pretty soon, images of the band eating lobster will start circulating......
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

There still might be some necessary tweaking of the music to fit Maynard's vocal melodies, but it definitely sounds like they are FINALLY at a point where they can say the music is "done". How much music though? Danny might be suggesting hitting the studio very soon because Maynard has already contributed to a good portion of the album. We already know that some of the material has been completed months/years ago. I'm excited for them!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:Pretty soon, images of the band eating lobster will start circulating......
Any day now!
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Ravenpig wrote:...Still, let’s not get too psyched til a date is announced.
Maybe it's time to dust off the longest running contest on the internet! Get psyched!

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=61

Professor of Lesbian Science
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

This is all extremely pleasing news. Throughout all the years has danny ever promised anything album wise?
Listen to All Them Witches
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Busty McCracken wrote:Throughout all the years has danny ever promised anything album wise?
No, never.

lol
Generic triangle avatar lives on.