Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
M0G
Lungsmen

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote:Does anyone else think Adam is kind of a cunt?

He must have known Maynard had recorded a new album with APC and was about to be in the whole promotional phase and tour that would follow but he decided to tell the world that the band is done and is ready for Maynard.

Starting to think Maynard fucked Camella and The Grudge lyrics was his way of telling Adam to get the fuck over it.
The only issue I have with Adam is his shitty work ethic. As for Maynard I have no sympathy. He chose to make an APC album when Tool was close to finishing. To say he had no warning or didn't realize where Tool was in their process is naive at best and more than likely entirely disingenuous.
The most intelligent person on this forum
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

The more interviews i hear with MJK (and lately we've heard a lot more simply due to him promoting APC) I get the vibe that he is really really annoyed with Adam. Potentially the entire band, but specifically Adam. He makes a lot of backhanded remarks about "just getting things done" - "you have to admit when its finished and stop toying with it", things like that... however in the interview he is talking about Billy, APC, his own work style, but its pretty obvious to me that he is referring to Adam and Tool without mentioning them by name.

I think MJK is frustrated that Tool hasnt released music in a decade. I think if it were his choice they would have released 10,000 days faster following Lateralus, and released more music right after it.. but they just sat on their hands. Over time MJK became frustrated, couldnt get everyone on the same page, couldnt get music moving, and ultimately lost interest in the project. The stagnation of the music process, and the continually changing songs from the band, Adams overall work ethic (as it appears to us), all mixed with the lawsuit bullshit and differing ideas on the future of Tool and releases probably drove a divide between Adam and MJK. I know im speculating, but it sure seems that way to me.

EDIT: I also have been very curious as to what some of MJKs lyrics in Puscifer are about. Songs like Smoke and Mirrors. I cant help but they have the possibility of being directed towards Adam.
"Crystal clear to us all, when you say “We all want the same thing”
That you don’t, you want the bigger piece and the praise"
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

It's hard to reconcile the notion that those lyrics (and especially the rest of the song not listed) are directly related to Adam with the fact that Maynard very much wants to still work with Tool. I don't see him wanting to be in a band at all with whoever that song is actually about. Double also: he's big on sweeping metaphor and usually (I realize there are exceptions) not prone to writing about one specific person. This definitely doesn't feel like one of those.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

M0G wrote:

He must have known Maynard had recorded a new album with APC and was about to be in the whole promotional phase and tour that would follow but he decided to tell the world that the band is done and is ready for Maynard.

Starting to think Maynard fucked Camella and The Grudge lyrics was his way of telling Adam to get the fuck over it.
The only issue I have with Adam is his shitty work ethic. As for Maynard I have no sympathy. He chose to make an APC album when Tool was close to finishing. To say he had no warning or didn't realize where Tool was in their process is naive at best and more than likely entirely disingenuous.
god forbid maynard chooses to make an album with APC in year 12 or 13 since the last tool album. i think adam has been throwing shots towards maynard knowing about this promo tour and upcioming album.

think about it, maynard is waiting for 13 years for an album to lay lyrics to, they finally get it done and the band and the fans want lyrics and recordings in a month. you've waited 13 years, be cool. lets do it right, at this point
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

xZ1mM3r wrote:The more interviews i hear with MJK (and lately we've heard a lot more simply due to him promoting APC) I get the vibe that he is really really annoyed with Adam. Potentially the entire band, but specifically Adam. He makes a lot of backhanded remarks about "just getting things done" - "you have to admit when its finished and stop toying with it", things like that... however in the interview he is talking about Billy, APC, his own work style, but its pretty obvious to me that he is referring to Adam and Tool without mentioning them by name.

I think MJK is frustrated that Tool hasnt released music in a decade. I think if it were his choice they would have released 10,000 days faster following Lateralus, and released more music right after it.. but they just sat on their hands. Over time MJK became frustrated, couldnt get everyone on the same page, couldnt get music moving, and ultimately lost interest in the project. The stagnation of the music process, and the continually changing songs from the band, Adams overall work ethic (as it appears to us), all mixed with the lawsuit bullshit and differing ideas on the future of Tool and releases probably drove a divide between Adam and MJK. I know im speculating, but it sure seems that way to me.

EDIT: I also have been very curious as to what some of MJKs lyrics in Puscifer are about. Songs like Smoke and Mirrors. I cant help but they have the possibility of being directed towards Adam.
"Crystal clear to us all, when you say “We all want the same thing”
That you don’t, you want the bigger piece and the praise"
I agree with you on this, and have felt the same way. I think it's fairly obvious, especially considering a couple years back Maynard sold his house in LA, which is not far from the Tool practice space/Loft. That says a lot right there. He probably initially bought it due to the amount of time he was spending in LA and presumably thought he would be spending with Tool over the years... and of course that just didn't happen.

Now that Tool has come around and started being a lot more productive he needs to adapt his attitude accordingly or he could ruin the project... but there's a lot of years of resentment built-in now.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I think you guys think and talk a lot about things you know nothing about.

This isn't work, it's music. The band doesn't owe any of us anything, and its insides were never our business. New album is coming
also, Avatar!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

trilobite wrote:I think you guys think and talk a lot about things you know nothing about.

This isn't work, it's music. The band doesn't owe any of us anything, and its insides were never our business. New album is coming
I’m not going to try and stop conjecture, it’s only natural, especially in this age of electrons.

But I couldn’t agree with you more on that. Only the band members (with a few exceptions) know the intimate details of what goes down behind the scenes, and what we think or say matters little to them. As it should be.
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

trilobite wrote:I think you guys think and talk a lot about things you know nothing about.

My man!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

It's a fun day on Fourtheye.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

@trilobite

Couldn’t agree with you more. Who gives a shit what goes on behind closed doors. If the music is good, then all is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Y’all some messy gossips today. Smoke a blunt an chill fellas. Also, I assumed Smoke and Mirrors was about his falling out with the guys from Arizona Stronghold, but I dont fucking know.
“Casual Fan”
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

brewdog123 wrote:
M0G wrote:

god forbid maynard chooses to make an album with APC in year 12 or 13 since the last tool album. i think adam has been throwing shots towards maynard knowing about this promo tour and upcioming album.

think about it, maynard is waiting for 13 years for an album to lay lyrics to, they finally get it done and the band and the fans want lyrics and recordings in a month. you've waited 13 years, be cool. lets do it right, at this point
No fucks given. Jimmy had 13 years to make an APC album. He could have left out one of those piece of shit Pusicfer albums and dropped an APC album anywhere in there. Adam has been fine Maynard is the one throwing shot after shot every chance he gets every fucking time he is interviewed anywhere. Bottom line I have absolutely no sympathy for Maynard James Keenan. He is rich and it is almost entirely because of Tool, which I know hearing that tweaks him to no end. I despise twitter but the asshole in me almost wants to open one up just to randomly tweet at him that the only reason he is rich is because of Tool and without Tool he would never have the life he has. Of course I would never do this, as I despise social media far more than I dislike Maynard.

I don't give a shit about him deciding to do an APC album. Obviously he can do whatever the fuck he wants. I do think it's disingenuous to act like he had no idea when they (Tool) would be done writing when they were obviously really fucking close and Adam had been sending Jimbo music for quite awhile. Maynard wants to play the victim and sorry, I am not buying it. Hopefully this APC tour goes off smoothly and the fucking crybaby can get into the studio with Tool and put some decent lyrics on there. No more monkey killing monkey bullshit.

Besides while this APC stuff is OK....it pales in comparison to Tool. Even a medicore Tool album (i am looking at you 10,000 Days) is far superior to anything APC has ever done. Eat the Elephant will be largely forgotten in a year. The new Tool, from the feedback given from numerous sources now, sounds like it is going to be a fucking force of nature that will be venerated and remembered as an importance piece of music. Of course there is always a chance it will suck, but I tend to doubt it. Lazy fucks they may be, Danny, Adam and Justin are incredibly talented musicians.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tiresias wrote:Y’all some messy gossips today. Smoke a blunt an chill fellas. Also, I assumed Smoke and Mirrors was about his falling out with the guys from Arizona Stronghold, but I dont fucking know.
Fuck off, it's a Tool forum, something you Toolios have reminded me of more times than I can remember over the years.

Now as for the blunt, enjoy it. I do miss those days :cry:
ToolArchive
Bronco's Fan

Post by ToolArchive »

This is a really good interview!

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The first minute and a half he straight up says he plans everything around what is going on with the Tool gang.

Crazy to me that people think he isn’t all that jazzed about them.
Hey! Denty!
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Good to see ToolArchive posting on the boards. Also, I was just wondering where Ravenpig had disappeared to. Glad to see that I am imagining things. Good interview. Such a cool dynamic with Lars and May May.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Fuck this shitbag and his 55 year old beanie

Metallica is where we look to for tool interviews?

Who the fuck are you people
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

And MOG- your incessant bitching about the band has done NOTHING but bring YOU more attention, which has helped no one
also, Avatar!
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

trilobite wrote:Fuck this shitbag and his 55 year old beanie

And several of you were praising Trilobyte earlier for policing the gossip and drama on here. I find that fucking hilarious.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

trilobite wrote:And MOG- your incessant bitching about the band has done NOTHING but bring YOU more attention, which has helped no one
When have I ever been about helping anyone on this forum? Wait there was that Aloke Dutta giveaway competition I paid for. Oh and the Hellboy Art piece Kittaan and I mostly shouldered. Oh and a bunch of donations to the site, membership giveaways. What have you done for anyone on this forum again? Ever? :roll:

I'm mostly positive about Tool these days. Most of my annoyance is with old Jimmy, but at the end of the day as long as he delivers on the new Tool album that is all that matters. I cannot stand the guy but I cannot for the life of me see why that would bother you. Moreover, I don't particularly care if it does.

K good talk
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Bill Hilly wrote:Good to see ToolArchive posting on the boards. Also, I was just wondering where Ravenpig had disappeared to. Glad to see that I am imagining things. Good interview. Such a cool dynamic with Lars and May May.
I don’t post much in Tool threads.
Hey! Denty!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

trilobite wrote:Fuck this shitbag and his 55 year old beanie

Like or lump the dude hes achieved an absolute fuck tonne in the industry and while his ego may have gotten in the way plenty of times it doesn't diminish his achievements.

Presides, how is he any less qualified than Joe Rogan or some random interviewer from a music mag.

Cheers for the link old mate
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Presides, lol, too many cans mate?
Canned audience laughter
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

M0G wrote:
trilobite wrote:And MOG- your incessant bitching about the band has done NOTHING but bring YOU more attention, which has helped no one
When have I ever been about helping anyone on this forum? Wait there was that Aloke Dutta giveaway competition I paid for. Oh and the Hellboy Art piece Kittaan and I mostly shouldered. Oh and a bunch of donations to the site, membership giveaways. What have you done for anyone on this forum again? Ever? :roll:

I'm mostly positive about Tool these days. Most of my annoyance is with old Jimmy, but at the end of the day as long as he delivers on the new Tool album that is all that matters. I cannot stand the guy but I cannot for the life of me see why that would bother you. Moreover, I don't particularly care if it does.

K good talk
M0G's gonna M0G
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

tys0n wrote:Presides, lol, too many cans mate?
Haha yep looks that way. Couple a cans and a cheeky auto correct gets ya everytime.
Listen to All Them Witches