Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
unclejackson
My pain is just an excuse

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by unclejackson »

Would anyone here going to one of the early clinics care to commit to writing a review, with special attention to any updates on the new album?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:
Busty McCracken wrote:I'm surprised you didn't go to one last tour they were here in 2013? I'd personally love to go to one but couldn't justify more than $150 for the experience, especially considering the overheads I already pay just to see them live (flights, accommodation, food etc)
It was a bit expensive, and I had a few other things going on at the time as well (not to mention backstage passes anyway). I think this new experience will be a better one that the pre-show VIPs on past tours.
A lot of people are complaining about the $500 price tag. Last tour people bought a VIP experience with JUST Adam for $500... yeah it included a concert ticket, but i went to a show on that tour and got my ticket for $75 bucks. So the concert ticket was a small part of the total $500.

Now you get 2 more band members and a hell of a cool up close experience for the same price! If anything the $500 for the music clinic is perfectly priced and the Adam VIP from the last tour was overpriced.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

A lot of people complaining on the internet. Plenty of tickets still sold though. The concept is a popular one, despite the loud minority.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

We should all pool together and send Mog to one of these clinics.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Put me down for $50
also, Avatar!
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

joeypants wrote:We should all pool together and send Mog to one of these clinics.
hed probably make a scene
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Exactly. I'll chip in!
Ki77aan :twisted:
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Mog should have a Podcast - The Mogcast. Fans are invited to discuss all things Tool, and what begins as a cordial conversation between two fans slowly devolves into a screaming diatribe against the band until the guest leaves or breaks down crying. Everytime.

Kickstarter for Mog to attend one of the upcoming APC shows, except he has to attend in full white face/body makeup in honor of Eat the Elephant artwork. Which gets me wondering how many people are actually going to do that, because there are people that are going to do that now. No doubt.

All kidding aside, I do appreciate Mog's perspective. He's the id to my yang.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Guys,

I think Joey means one of those "clinics". You know.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Bill Hilly wrote:Guys,

:lol: :lol: :lol:
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
hellboy wrote:
Busty McCracken wrote:I'm surprised you didn't go to one last tour they were here in 2013? I'd personally love to go to one but couldn't justify more than $150 for the experience, especially considering the overheads I already pay just to see them live (flights, accommodation, food etc)
It was a bit expensive, and I had a few other things going on at the time as well (not to mention backstage passes anyway). I think this new experience will be a better one that the pre-show VIPs on past tours.
A lot of people are complaining about the $500 price tag. Last tour people bought a VIP experience with JUST Adam for $500... yeah it included a concert ticket, but i went to a show on that tour and got my ticket for $75 bucks. So the concert ticket was a small part of the total $500.

Now you get 2 more band members and a hell of a cool up close experience for the same price! If anything the $500 for the music clinic is perfectly priced and the Adam VIP from the last tour was overpriced.
I shelled out for the VIP for the last few tours and it was well worth the money in my opinion. While it was really cool to see and talk to Adam, listen in on the sound check (sans MJK of course) and all that, the part that made it worth it for me was the ticket guaranteed in the first 2 rows. Nowadays it is nearly impossible to get first or second row tickets directly from the ticket nazi (ticket master) due to the ticket farmers out there. So, I would likely have to go to secondary sellers where the tickets would be as much or more than the VIP price.

The chance to interact with the 3 seems like an easy choice to me even without the concert. And for all the bitching about this taking time away from the new album, keep in mind that Tool is playing festival dates in WI and OH during the clinic time frames, so they would not have been working even without the clinics.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Bill Hilly wrote:Guys,

Post of the month
Canned audience laughter
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote: This has crossed my mind as well. However I think that MJK is directly collaborating with the band on themes and how things will flow together. I think he is just going to record in AZ, and I wouldn't be surprised if he still had Joe mix the vocals rather than Mat. I think either would work. MJK takes all his projects seriously, so I don't think we have to worry about him going off and doing his part by himself.
At this point I don't give a shit where he records the vocals as long as he gets them done and done well. That said I think the collaborating part is basically non-existent. Jimmy has written the lyrics and vocal melodies but I don't think there is much communication between Adam, Danny, Justin and Maynard. Absolutely bare minimum to get things done. Maynard doesn't give a shit about Tool. He will perform well because no matter how much of a piece of shit he is personally, he isn't lazy and he does take pride in whatever he is involved in. He will give his best effort I am sure. But when the Tool album is actually done I don't expect to hear much of anything from Maynard. When they tour he will show up and sing but all the pre-release intereviews will only be with Adam, Justin and Danny. Anyone that thinks that Maynard and the other three are on good terms at this point is simply naive. I don't think Maynard is looking forward to this new Tool album or touring behind it and I suspect the sooner it is done and over with the happier he will be.

Bottom line as long as the lyrics are better than they are on Eat the Elephant I don't care what Maynard does.
The most intelligent person on this forum
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I'm starting to think M0g is Adam.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Maybe that's the curveball?
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote: I don't think Maynard is looking forward to this new Tool album or touring behind it and I suspect the sooner it is done and over with the happier he will be.
I'm of the opinion that if Maynard was that strongly against working with Tool, he wouldn't. I doubt very much he needs the money, or is somehow contractually obliged.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Agreed. He has actually done a lot to stay available. He could have quit and not started side projects, but other full time endeavors. Honestly if I was him I probably wouldn’t have waited so long. So I’m happy he has. He’s also not stupid, he’s older and Tool will be what he’s remembered for.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote:
M0G wrote: I don't think Maynard is looking forward to this new Tool album or touring behind it and I suspect the sooner it is done and over with the happier he will be.
I'm of the opinion that if Maynard was that strongly against working with Tool, he wouldn't. I doubt very much he needs the money, or is somehow contractually obliged.
I had a superbly written negative diatribe ready to go but I suppose I will give it a break. It's gonna be a year at minimum before the new album is out. We will see how it all plays out.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote:
It's gonna be a year at minimum before the new album is out. We will see how it all plays out.
I think everyone with common sense realises this. No diatribe is necessary.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Did said diatribe contain the work disingenuous by any chance? I've just noticed has been a bit of a go to lately.

Also yeah 1 year sounds about right. Gonna be a hell of a day when it finally rolls around.
Listen to All Them Witches
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote:Did said diatribe contain the work disingenuous by any chance? I've just noticed has been a bit of a go to lately.

Also yeah 1 year sounds about right. Gonna be a hell of a day when it finally rolls around.
Nope not this time. Gotta mix things up. Although there really isn't much left to say. Tool are still lazy, Maynard is still pretensious, and Eat the Elephant was underwhelming. Don't fret though I am sure Maynard will do another interview in a month or two and say some stupid shit. Give me some new material to work with.

Then again maybe he will surprise me. Stranger things have happened.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I hope they decide to release it on vinyl on day 1...
Busty McCracken wrote:Did said diatribe contain the work disingenuous by any chance? I've just noticed has been a bit of a go to lately.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Before the 10KD vinyl? I kind of doubt that, but it would be an interesting move.

Mog, serious question: would you say this shit to Maynard in person? Realize that you are just conjecturing, like the rest of us. It’s pretty irrational to espouse being an atheist, and a rational thinker... and then “take it on faith” that your theory is “the gospel”. 3 fingers are pointing back to you and all my brother.
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote:
There's been a mountain of evidence/signposts in the past few years that they're fine (i.e. all those photos of him at The Loft, etc). He's a shit-talker and slight pessimist by trade, after all, especially when it comes to Tool + interviews/press when they're not fully engaged in doing something. It's funny that everything "on display" for fans is generally positive and yet, there's this need to wring every last drop of negativity from the process. I understand it, just a viewpoint I choose not to take because there's so much evidence to the contrary.

The other three are over-meticulous/lazy (choose which side you want to look at, but it's a bit of both), and Maynard is a busy-body who's stated ethos is "life is too short to not create with every breath you draw." Everything else is turning drama up to 11 because there's no new music to sink your teeth into.