Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

Peter Grenadier (a synth tech who created Danny's Toolbox unit) posted stuff on a private Facebook group earlier today, including:
While I was installing it, DC was tearing apart Vlad's demo videos - he's totally stoked about having it. Very good things are coming in the late Spring when Tool resumes a humungous touring schedule to support the new record, due out in April, and btw - I've heard parts of it and it is a paradigm shift...
I don't think anyone's buying the April part at this stage, but the paradigm shift and humungous touring schedule are interesting.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

There has been a new post on toolband like every other day. Hopefully the next newsletter gives us some info. If there are going to be any dates between these festivals, they are going to have to announce them soon. I'm hoping for some small venues.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Couldn't log in on the home page for some reason but that review of 10,000 days was wicked thanks for posting.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Dammit, Fourtheye Digital Arts is resorting to cyberattacks now. This cannot stand!
Don't mow your lawn
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

hellboy wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:24 am Peter Grenadier (a synth tech who created Danny's Toolbox unit) posted stuff on a private Facebook group earlier today, including:
While I was installing it, DC was tearing apart Vlad's demo videos - he's totally stoked about having it. Very good things are coming in the late Spring when Tool resumes a humungous touring schedule to support the new record, due out in April, and btw - I've heard parts of it and it is a paradigm shift...
I don't think anyone's buying the April part at this stage, but the paradigm shift and humungous touring schedule are interesting.
Fuck Yeh Tool is finally releasing a Disco album!
Listen to All Them Witches
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Tool_User wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:48 pm Didn't want my first time seeing them to be a festival but looks like I'm going to have to get tickets for download festival UK cos fuck knows when they will come back again.
Festival Tool is still better than no Tool mate,. They can be hit and miss from what I've seen over the years at festivals but still worth checking out for sure. Have fun
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

hellboy wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:24 am paradigm shift and humungous touring schedule are interesting.
for me "tour supporting new album" is the most interesting part (though paradigm shift also triggers my saliva)
this means if i get it right, that the tour coming to EUrope is the new-album-tour
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:02 pm
Tool_User wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:48 pm Didn't want my first time seeing them to be a festival but looks like I'm going to have to get tickets for download festival UK cos fuck knows when they will come back again.
Festival Tool is still better than no Tool mate,. They can be hit and miss from what I've seen over the years at festivals but still worth checking out for sure. Have fun
Thanks! That post did sound like a complaint but I am actually well chuffed that I'll finally get to see them live.

No new music or gigs in the UK for years and now, over the next few months I'll see them live and have a new album. Hard to keep expectations in check without being cynical.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I've never seen anything positive associated with the phrase 'paradigm shift ' and it's usually in reference to someone smelling their own farts and thinking it's a bouquet of flowers.

Tool was founded in 1988 so they currently have 4 (soon to be 5) albums over 30 years, making it an average of a new album every 7.5 years. When this new album drops it will change to a new album every 6 years, so they are improving their strike rate.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Tool_User wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:41 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:02 pm
Thanks! That post did sound like a complaint but I am actually well chuffed that I'll finally get to see them live.

No new music or gigs in the UK for years and now, over the next few months I'll see them live and have a new album. Hard to keep expectations in check without being cynical.
No dramas man, been 6 years now since we've had them here so getting itchy feet and pretty farken keen to see em again live soon, with some new tracks to boot! I'm sure you'll have a blast mate, get as close as ya can to the mixing desk and ya should get some pretty decent sound for it

As for the whole paradigm shift thing. I sure as shit hope they havent gone and gotten too clever for their own boots and try to show off their chops over the sake of writing a good hook.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote: so getting itchy feet
They have medicine for that...just sayin
The most intelligent person on this forum
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Salt water is the best remedy... or so I've heard from a friend anyway
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:24 am

Hmm.

Something about this whole thing stinks.

And it's not the blue cheese dressing on my salad.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I expect the paradigm shift probably won't be as large as some are assuming from that statement. I think for the most part it'll be the same Tool we are used to.
DeadGuyAle
of Arimathea

Post by DeadGuyAle »

Maybe the paradigm shift is that this is an acoustic album? Wouldn't that qualify as a curveball too? Whoa....
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

There are so many amazing musicians out there who play in all kinds of crazy time signatures but lack any kind of hook. I know your not a Karnivool fan but they're a good example. Their first 2 albums has some cracking tunes on it but their last one lacked any substance. Musically it was off its head but lacked any groove.

Tools music has always been musically brilliant but still had that ability to draw you in. Was just saying I hope they havent fallen into that trap to show their ability more than write a killer groove coz that's what's always set them apart for me. I'm sure they'll nail it though.. they fuckin better anyway
purplepanther777
Bronco's Fan

Post by purplepanther777 »

hellboy wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:38 pm I expect the paradigm shift probably won't be as large as some are assuming from that statement. I think for the most part it'll be the same Tool we are used to.

I agree. I've been lurking here for years and been a Tool fan since '96 but have never posted. Buuuut I happen to have an acquaintance who has recently heard an unfinished version of the album and while he did say it was awesome, he also said it is classic Tool. He actually described it as "heeeavy... like Undertow kind of heavy". No doubt he is sworn to secrecy though, so it could be a diversionary report lol
Last edited by purplepanther777 on Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

I just hope it's weird.

That's it really.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Thanks for the update purplepanther. Every snippet we've heard, from Descending, to the Behemoth leak, and even the secret snippet some have heard indicates it sounds very much like a Tool album.

Expect a ukelele segue, but that's it.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:00 pm I just hope it's weird.
Sounds like you're setting yourself up for disappointment then. I doubt Tool have transitioned to Japanese noise rock or anything.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Was Undertow really that heavy compared to their other albums?

I've never thought so.
Canned audience laughter
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

It's not. The whole thing sounds "tinny" and in desperate need of a remaster.

Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:05 pm
Calfium Jay wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:00 pm I just hope it's weird.
Sounds like you're setting yourself up for disappointment then. I doubt Tool have transitioned to Japanese noise rock or anything.

I was thinking more Aenima styled experimentalism - rather than a complete about face and change of style.

purplepanther777
Bronco's Fan

Post by purplepanther777 »

tys0n wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:05 pm Was Undertow really that heavy compared to their other albums?

I've never thought so.
The songs are heavy, but the recording does sound "tinny". If it were recorded and/or mixed differently and maybe even slowed down a bit it would be a more viscerally heavy record. But I think the comment "heavy like undertow" was meant to describe the kind of grooves more than to say Undertow was the heaviest record.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Wasn't undertow the greatest mixed album of all time a few pages back??