Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
PulsedHalo
Has been

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by PulsedHalo »

rshforgothispw wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:33 pm Image

Don't kill the messenger, but here it goes... I can't reveal my source and won't say anything else aside from this initial post. This truly is their best, most conceptual and comprehensive album ever. It builds on the spiritual underpinnings of Lateralus, reaches the beautiful peaks of 10k Days, and hits as heavy as anything off of Opiate/Undertow/or Aenima.

**The new album is called Chod.**

​

In typical tool fashion, these four little letters carry a ton of weight (and humor). As we know, a Chode is another name for a dick. It's also one letter off from Chad, which is sort of a sarcastic commentary on the modern "Chad," or douche bro. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, *"Chod is an ancient Tibetan practice known as "Cutting Through the Ego." Based on the Perfection of Wisdom sutras, which expound the "emptiness concept of Buddhist philosophy. Emptiness is the ultimate wisdom of understanding that all things lack inherent existence. Chöd combines philosophy with specific meditation methods and tantric ritual. The chod practitioner seeks to tap the power of fear through activities such as rituals set in graveyards, and visualisation of offering their bodies in a tantric feast in order to put their understanding of emptiness to the ultimate test."*

​

As far as packaging, it's hard to describe. Best I could explain is that it unfolds into a three dimensional "temple" of sorts. It's illuminated internally, so it has a small battery. The "temple" pop-up thingy itself is sort of gothic, but entirely psychedelic, and almost cybernetic in a way. It's hard to describe. It's like they created this "entity." Its almost more like a portal when viewed in the dark. I have NO idea how they pulled this off, but I suspect the current tour is geared to recouping some of the costs.

​

There will be multiple tiered versions of this release, with the most ambitious described above.

​

**ALBUM COVER:**

https://i.redd.it/a66t8fcuy4331.jpg

**TRACKLIST:**

The Coward

Passage (For Regardie)

Invincible

I.S.G.

**Chöd**

Descending

Abyss

The Give In / The Dive
What the fuck did I just read? They should write a song titled I.D.G.A.F.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

limeygringo wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:26 am
ms2r wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:50 am Black Square? Black Mirror connection!
Someone was saying the album cover might be released in 9 pieces on Instagram. That part checks out..so far
what ? the cover released in 9 pieces. oh i see what you mean. neat if they do!

also its 8 titles if that track list is correct. ''problem 8'' i always found that problem 8 stuff not worth thinking about but maybe thats it or its just more b.s
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

snazzl3frass wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:23 am Knock “chod” all you want, but what did y’all say when the title “10,000 Days” was leaked?

I was hoping the title would be Secks Tool
There's a big hurdle in believe-ability from 10,000 Days to "penis that is wider than it is long" reference. The person who wrote this was trying to come up with a double entendre like Aenima, and this is where they ended up. Besides that the artwork shows something that looks like it should be symmetrical, yet isn't and it is lopsided.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

That thing being symmetrical or not has no bearing on the believability. In fact it appears more artistic and organic being asymmetrical. It’s not a sports logo. More to the point - it’s ugly.
Matthewc25
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Matthewc25 »

Hello, first time posting on here. I don’t want to believe this post but at the same time I do. :shock:
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

What complete horse shit.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

This album is 'shaping up' to be more than a mouthful.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

I’ve learned that people take this shit more seriously than I thought. Now excuse me while I go order a shit load of T-shirt’s and posters with this “album art” and post all over reddit at 10x the cost. Once I make my first million, I’ll spend it on lube for Aug 30th.
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Two things about the art:

Symmetry is irrelevant. Especially if they're going for a Tibetan Book of The Dead thing. It fits that very well.

Someone on Reddit made an interesting point about how the emblem is copied and pasted in the middle, or that it at least looks like. Though if it's some sort of template for a pop-up book, I could see it pan out.

You'd expect the band to be above a name like Chod, but it really does fit their M.O. and humor. It almost seems waaayy too thought out. I'm not a believer, but it's gonna be funny to see the reaction to this if it turns out to be true.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Chewie leaked it himself. Waiting for the reaction to see if he goes with it or heads back to the drawing board.

React positively or we won’t see the album until 2022.
Ki77aan :twisted:
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

From Reddit:

"Supes0_0Good luck • 1d
Honestly, great attempt with the artwork. Not that I don't like it, but I just don't see Tool using that.
Of course there's the guy that sold Adam his painting that could corroborate if this is real."

His description kind of matches. Said it looked "very Tool" but wasn't even sure if it was Alex Grey or not. Didn't even know how to describe it. Without a frame of reference, I'm sure a lot of us would give a description along the same lines.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

The symmetry is absolutely relevant when the object in the image implies it should exist. This thing is incoherent and looks like a grade school level drawing where the handle of form isn't exactly strong. This isn't purposeful nor is it organic. It is lack of skill. No one serious would put this on a product. Everything about the story is derivative of previous Tool releases or imagery (double entendre, pyramid, battery, Maynard speak). Even the bullshit about this tour being to pay for it makes no sense. I think the "boyfriend" shit post was a much better story.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Whoever believes that artwork is authentic is the real chod.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Bill Hilly wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:19 pm Whoever believes that artwork is authentic is the real chod.
Don't know if you heard the news about Bushwick, keep him in your thoughts and prayers

And I agree. Nobody should be taking the artwork seriously either way until it's official, or even if it is, it's just artwork.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Holy crap. I did not know. Thanks for letting me know, Limey.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

So after 13 years the cover of the new album is going to be what looks like something a high school student created as his or her 'graphic design' project? Hmmm, I'm not convinced. Also, check out the attention to detail in some of the new graphics just on the band's website:

https://toolband.com/news/

So Adam Jones is going to let detailed animation appear on the band's page but then just tweak an old Lateralus-style logo so that the blended eyes now appear as blended ears and use it as the cover art on an album named Chod? I don't think so.

Finally, when the 10,000 days info came out, people who had genuinely heard the album remembered specific lyrics such as "Monkeys... killing monkeys... over pieces of the ground" and "God damn, shit the bed" etc. This person's boyfriend or someone else says something vague about "going into the woods" or some crap.

If you've legitimately heard the new songs you'd remember specific lyrics like "Warrior... struggling... to remain..." and/or "Stay... Alive!" etc. These reported new lyrics seem too vague and easy to dismiss.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

I want to stress that I'm merely playing devil's advocate when it comes to this new info. I am completely apathetic about whether it's real or not, except for the fact that many people might take the name Chod to heart, like it would personally affect them. I just find that funny, but yeah, you'd hope for a better title.

But I don't think the art is That Bad. Especially if the theme is Tibetan. Go look at some Tibetan drawings and you'll see what I mean. A good amount of them match that style. It's definitely well thought out if this is all a troll's work.

And where the hell is the guy who sold Adam the Zeppelin painting? He had some 'splainin' to do. (I keed)
Ahhh, Infotainment!
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Bill Hilly wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:06 pm Holy crap. I did not know. Thanks for letting me know, Limey.
You're welcome. We can't afford to lose one of the Geto Boys right now! Or ever!
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

snazzl3frass wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:29 pm I’ve learned that people take this shit more seriously than I thought. Now excuse me while I go order a shit load of T-shirt’s and posters with this “album art” and post all over reddit at 10x the cost. Once I make my first million, I’ll spend it on lube for Aug 30th.
Turn around and take my hand 👏
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

What’s this all about

Behind the scenes of the new video?
https://www.webstagram.biz/onionpeeler
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

snazzl3frass wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:16 pm What’s this all about

Behind the scenes of the new video?
https://www.webstagram.biz/onionpeeler
The hell? Webstagram? Seems to feed off Instagram. Same post is there. It's two weeks old.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Bill Hilly wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:19 pm Whoever believes that artwork is authentic is the real chod.
:lol:
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

limeygringo wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:07 pm We can't afford to lose one of the Geto Boys right now! Or ever!
That's the truth right there, Limey.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:01 am The funny thing with Tool is they have never over promised and under delivered, they've released exactly what they said they would, it's the fans with all these bullshit expectations that leads to disappointment and calls of decoy albums and such.

Curb your expectations.
Oh fuck right off you have been critical of Tool for years and now they can do no wrong and you call me a fanboy? Come off it. Tool does this shit to themselves with all their smoke and mirror bullshit. Had they announced the fucking name of the album when they announced the release date with an album cover like most bands do most of this shit goes away. Plus you shit all over 10,000 Days for years before you all the sudden you decided it was a great album so yeah I am calling bullshit on all of the above.

Bottom line I have zero sympathy for Tool on any level all the shit around them they bring on themselves with their poor work ethic, lack of communication and general lack of professionalism in all areas outside of the music they create.
The most intelligent person on this forum
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

M0G wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:55 pm Oh fuck right off you have been critical of Tool for years
Not really and nowhere near the level of yourself. Maybe I stressed my frustration at how long they were taking but I didn't act like a little bitch and swear I would boycott them and never give them another cent of my money unlike others. In fact I'd go as far to say I've been fairly positive in the wait for the new album, knowing it will come and if not, it's not the end of the world.
M0G wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:55 pm Plus you shit all over 10,000 Days for years before you all the sudden you decided it was a great album so yeah I am calling bullshit on all of the above.
Once again not really, I complained about the production of the album sure and numerous times but that's about it. Didn't bitch and moan about 'Maynard's wine soaked' vocals unlike others.

Show me where Tool have over promised and under delivered?
Canned audience laughter