Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
tiresias
Has been

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tiresias »

Looks like the band took Hellboy’s post to heart.
“Casual Fan”
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

Yeah , i tweeted back a shoutout to Matt , i really think they saw what’s going on on fourtheye and decided to give us some nibbles .
I forgot my pen
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

Sorry for the double post but what does the image mean ? Is it that Pantera Megadeth and Metallica sound alike ? Coz i think Pantera sounds different.
I forgot my pen
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The joke is that is that the person doesn't know the difference between the three bands but is going after other people for their lack of knowledge. In other words, the person is saying other people are poser morons but is actually a poser moron themself.
Don't mow your lawn
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Best Megadeth song? That's easy! It's "Moves Like Jagger"
Ahhh, Infotainment!
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Stoked about the Maynard update, not that the album will later than what Danny said, but that it’s coming out at least by mid July. The tool website should just take a screen shot of Maynard’s tweet and would be a little less useless for doing so. Sucks for the US dates in May, most likely not getting new music at those shows, and most likely getting the same playlist they have played the last few years.

I have been lucky enough to see Tool 7 or 8 times since 2012 and my first live show was in 2006. So the 7 to 8 Tool shows I have seen since 2012 have given me a bunch of older songs I probably would have never heard live if a new album came out around 2012/13. So Europeans might get some songs they haven’t heard or haven’t heard in decades. So stoked for them, but feel for any US fan that has seen Tool in the last few years, cause it might be the same one.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

This goes way back, but I know they played some Aenima tracks before that album was released.

So, for what it's worth I think they'll end up playing a new song or two even if the album isn't out yet.

If not, it's still a Tool show...and it will rock. \m/
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Seems pretty obvious, evil joe posted something about friends coming by and thanking Adam. Tool stopped in to hear mixing. Talked through where they are at. Maynard was nice enough to give us an update only hours later. Thank you Maynard.
Very excited. Summer jams sound awesome. Man please play new music in Chicago! Even if it’s a song or two!
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Hopefully they should at least have a single out they should play for us?! 🙏🤘
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Absolutely pathetic. I told all of you months ago that this would not be out until June or July. Tool started recording in April and it has been almost 10 months and they are still in mixing and that is pathetic and reeks of laziness. No band takes that long to record when all the songs are already written. The social media tag your it bullshit and lack of updates has been absurd to the point of being childish at times.

June or July. Nope that is the last straw. Principle wins out. I will never listen to this album or purchase it. I will never support Tool again under any circumstance. My time and my money will go to bands that I respect. Bands that communicate and treat their fans fairly. Bands that conduct themselves in a professional manner.
The most intelligent person on this forum
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

I actually laughed out loud. :lol:

Mog I love you and all but that was hilarious.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Soon enough...
Last edited by nxrm on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Megadeth suck.
Canned audience laughter
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:39 am A real update. With real expectations.
Well, there we go.

Awesome.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

I am going to be quite displeased if when I see them in May at a festival that I really did not want to go to and they don't play something new.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

That album wasn't coming out in April and we all knew it.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Tool is going to ask Mog to open for them. He will do it, but only use material from his first FourthEye login. Fans will clamor for his more recent schtick, but he will only perform the classics.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

fortysixand2 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:29 pm That album wasn't coming out in April and we all knew it.
Danny's just so optimistic it's almost adorable.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Well if the video isn't done like Maynard said I'm guessing a mid may to mid july 2029 release
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

So clearly this means Maynard reads this forum religiously. The rest of the band likely too, probably explains all the delays with the new album, to busy lurking in here.
Listen to All Them Witches
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

I’m sure that they will play new songs on the upcoming dayes . Stoked for you guys but can’t help to feel some jealousy , i have no way of seeing them live cuz they don’t come anywhere near me .
I forgot my pen
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Odds of them premiering a new song live would be pretty low. Their wasnt a few thousand cunts holding their phones out at gigs back in the day ready to upload a shitty quality version to YouTube. Would be surprised if they allowed after all this build up , their first song to be heard that way.
Listen to All Them Witches
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

M0G wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:25 pm June or July. Nope that is the last straw. Principle wins out. I will never listen to this album or purchase it. I will never support Tool again under any circumstance. My time and my money will go to bands that I respect. Bands that communicate and treat their fans fairly. Bands that conduct themselves in a professional manner.

Pffft.

I said the same thing about Kiss when they took off their make-up and....well, look at me now.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Tool_User wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:38 am Everything they do is under a microscope and gets picked apart so I don't really blame them for mostly keeping quiet tbh. At the end of the day the album will be out soon and everyone will be able to sit back and enjoy and all the bitching about how mean they were for not keeping you in the loop will seem as daft as it is.
Tool_User - you're missing my point. I'm not so bothered about what information is or isn't released. What bothers me are the mixed messages going from the band, fanned further by Maynard's clickbait fuelling tweets. I get that he's likely doing this on purpose, but it strikes me as a pretty immature thing for a 50+ year old to do.

Give us proper information, or give us nothing.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:25 pm Absolutely pathetic. I told all of you months ago that this would not be out until June or July. Tool started recording in April and it has been almost 10 months and they are still in mixing and that is pathetic and reeks of laziness. No band takes that long to record when all the songs are already written. The social media tag your it bullshit and lack of updates has been absurd to the point of being childish at times.

June or July. Nope that is the last straw. Principle wins out. I will never listen to this album or purchase it. I will never support Tool again under any circumstance. My time and my money will go to bands that I respect. Bands that communicate and treat their fans fairly. Bands that conduct themselves in a professional manner.
You're not fooling anyone M0g. I look forward to hearing your opinion on the album in a few months time.