Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Merkaba
Fanboi

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Merkaba »

This is AMAZING news!
I’d be stoked if they surprised us with The Patient again. Such an underrated track! I was lucky enough to see it live back in 2011, immediately followed by Flood. :o
mattw wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:47 pm Fun fact: the band rehearsed The Patient at their soundcheck yesterday, with Maynard doing vocals too. It sounded good obviously, even if we could only hear it from outside the venue.

I don't think they've played it since 2010.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Merkaba wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:06 pm Hey Junior, keen to see this new stage/lighting setup come to Australia next month! :)
I remember in previous discussions, you mentioned that international shows were limited to what could be transported overseas. Can you give anything away as to what we might see on the upcoming AU shows? Hoping we see this new stage with the two levels for Jimmy and your complete lighting rig, plus the addition of the curtain!!!
junior wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:13 am
nxrm wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:31 pm

Hey Junior, are all of these rigs part of the Tool convoy?

Yes
Logistics for Australia are still being finalized, but I do know that duplicates of some of the items were sent by boat last week, so we are trying to make it close to similar.
Some of it does come down to what it available in Australia and (separately) NZ.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Sounds like we Aussies need to go to the states to the the full visual show, but no disrespect junior I'm there for the music first and foremost (well actually the guy that does the lighting then the music)
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The last Aussie tour was pretty close to the US one I reckon, so I'd expect it'll be of a similar high standard this time round. Hopefully the band have a backup heptagram and fern
Merkaba
Fanboi

Post by Merkaba »

Thanks for the update Junior, I’m sure you’ll manage to put on an equally mind blowing production!

Hellboy - I don’t think the heptagram has made it out for all AU tours, hoping they can transport it this time, I feel like it’s an extension of Danny’s kit!
Luckily we are abundant in ferns out here...
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Merkaba wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:34 pm Thanks for the update Junior, I’m sure you’ll manage to put on an equally mind blowing production!

Hellboy - I don’t think the heptagram has made it out for all AU tours, hoping they can transport it this time, I feel like it’s an extension of Danny’s kit!
Luckily we are abundant in ferns out here...
I don't think the heptagram in it's current guise was a thing when they last toured Oz. It' made it across the ditch to the EU tour last year, so I'm optimistic.

Seems to be a pretty critical part of the set these days
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

LMAO! Tool was just an answer on the Jeopardy! champions show. Had to do with MJK and what band he belonged to re: reaching #1 after thirteen years between albums. James H. answered it correctly. \m/
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

What is TOOL?

Nice :)
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

Hi junior, since you have been pretty active on Fourtheye, I thought I would ask you... I'll be seeing Tool back to back this coming weekend in Vegas and in Glendale. I have floor seats for Vegas only, so I was thinking of going and saying hi. Can I go up to your work area or is it pretty restricted?
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

rimb wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:31 pm Interesting interview with Mackie Osborne with a lot of Tool content including confirming the Fear Inoculum LP (package and box etc. designed) as well as Aenima and Lateralus reissues ("we've talked about them..."):
http://www.thevinylguide.com/episodes/e ... um-package
hellboy wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:09 pm Cool interview - thanks for sharing. Looking forward to some Fear Inoculum vinyl.

Interesting to hear confirmed that the Video edition is done and that the book edition is the "regular" edition

SOunds to me like reissues of the older albums is no sure though, at least in the shorter term.

I wonder what the original video plan was - Mackie mentioned it was originally considered for a smaller release. I'm guessing the Opiate re-recording+video
Cool and informative interview indeed.

I wonder how things would have turned had they announced the "expanded book edition" of the album would be released at a later date. Maybe the "limited edition" wouldn't have sold out as quickly as it did or maybe people wouldn't have felt the need to pay excessive prices on Ebay or elsewhere for it.

It still seems strange that the "expanded book edition" doesn't include a digital download of the full album, but I do think the ability to download Recusant Ad Infinitum was a great addition.

Will be interesting to see if the vinyl edition includes anything new to entice fans to pick it up, other than the fact that its vinyl.

Even more curious to know what they're going to end up doing with that new recording of Opiate and the accompanying video now.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:15 pm Hi junior, since you have been pretty active on Fourtheye, I thought I would ask you... I'll be seeing Tool back to back this coming weekend in Vegas and in Glendale. I have floor seats for Vegas only, so I was thinking of going and saying hi. Can I go up to your work area or is it pretty restricted?
Depends on how the day is going, mostly.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

junior wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:41 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:15 pm Hi junior, since you have been pretty active on Fourtheye, I thought I would ask you... I'll be seeing Tool back to back this coming weekend in Vegas and in Glendale. I have floor seats for Vegas only, so I was thinking of going and saying hi. Can I go up to your work area or is it pretty restricted?
Thanks for responding Junior. I'll walk to your work area and see what happens. One more question, 7EMPEST SOON???????????? All us die hards are waiting!! just kidding It will happen when it happens!
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Four new tour dates for the North Western USA.

MARCH 9, 2020 – SPOKANE, WA – SPOKANE ARENA

MARCH 11, 2020 – PORTLAND, OR – MODA CENTER

MARCH 12, 2020 – EUGENE, OR – MATTHEW KNIGHT CENTER

MARCH 14, 2020 – BOISE, ID – FORD IDAHO CENTER ARENA

Details and VIP ticket information here: https://toolband.com/news/2020/new-tool-tour-dates/
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

junior wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:41 pm
Hey Junior, I went to your booth (in Vegas) and tried to say hi. Your security guard got your attention and you just waived hi with a frustrated look (from a distance). I completely understand because i was just there 10 to 15 minutes before the show and you looked really fucking busy. BTW, the lighting is fucking amazing, so great fucking job. I really love the lights over the middle of these arenas. This is the first time you guys have done this, right? I didn't see these lights in October at Glendale Arizona.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Junior, question: A few years ago Adam Jones replaced his Mesa Boogie dual rectifier head with a second Diezel amp, but leaving the Glendale show (Saturday) I only saw one Diezel, one Mesa boogie amp and his old marshall bass amp. Why did he switch back to one Diezel amp and back to his Mesa Boogie dual rectifier amp? Just curious.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:08 pm
Hey Junior, I went to your booth (in Vegas) and tried to say hi. Your security guard got your attention and you just waived hi with a frustrated look (from a distance).
Hmmm, not sure if I'm going to go to the Sydney gigs now if that's how they treat their fans, geez.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It's just not a Tool gig if you can't go stare creepily at Junior
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Good banter.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to reiterate in the new year how butt-hurt I remain they're not alternating with consistency Descending on tour, let alone playing it every set.
The Patient? Cool. Nice little tribute to AJ from MJ? Ye (ye?) who declares the setlist.
Enjoy. Far out.
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

junior wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:13 am
nxrm wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:31 pm
junior wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:04 pm

Not really. At least, not where anyone else can hear.
Hey Junior, are all of these rigs part of the Tool convoy?

Yes
Damn, that's fucking rad! So all the members have their own tour bus I take it?
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

inequitude wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:12 am I'd just like to take this opportunity to reiterate in the new year how butt-hurt I remain they're not alternating with consistency Descending on tour, let alone playing it every set.
Agreed. :(
inequitude wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:12 am Damn, that's fucking rad! So all the members have their own tour bus I take it?
Seems that way, and there's another picture floating around somewhere showing a few more coaches for the crew as well. It's quite the convoy.
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

nxrm wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:13 am
Seems that way, and there's another picture floating around somewhere showing a few more coaches for the crew as well. It's quite the convoy.
It's awesome getting to see behind the curtain. Never really realize how much goes into these shows.
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

tys0n wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:57 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:08 pm
Hey Junior, I went to your booth (in Vegas) and tried to say hi. Your security guard got your attention and you just waived hi with a frustrated look (from a distance).
Hmmm, not sure if I'm going to go to the Sydney gigs now if that's how they treat their fans, geez.
HAHA! Nah man, I could tell he and the entire crew were really busy. I just showed up at the wrong time. The show was about to start in about 10 minutes.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

No excuses, always time for a quick chat and a handy (giving or receiving)
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

A song dedication for Junior from his best friend. Bobby bottleservice

Listen to All Them Witches