Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Busty McCracken »

Hahahaha man there would have been some sandy vaginas replying to that article when it was published. The comments would have been a great giggle.
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Already been posted
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

its tyson the forum police :D
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

hellboy wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:33 am
tys0n wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:26 am
hellboy wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:30 pm That Parabola is (in my opinion) one of the least interesting Tool songs probably doesn't help.
Don't you also share the same opinion on Patient?
Nah, I love The Patient. Swamp Song is my other least liked Tool song.
You got one after the other :lol:
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

parabola is one of the best tool songs if you ask me. i get that about Swamp Song though. i like it these days but back in the day at a certain time,Swamp Song and Part of Me were my least fav tool songs.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

bob wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:34 pm parabola is one of the best tool songs if you ask me.
Agreed, they should make you a mod bob
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Swamp Song wasn't one of my favourites either but hearing it live in 2006 did change my opinion on it, they rocked it that evening.

Parabola is on a scale of tool one of the average sort.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:43 pm
bob wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:34 pm parabola is one of the best tool songs if you ask me.
Agreed, they should make you a mod bob
not this again! that last one was fake news! Busty wins. hes got seniority and all the rest of it.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

See Bob knows a fair result when he sees one. This is why I think we should make Bob a mod.

Swamp song rocks!!
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Parabola deserves it's spot in the set at the moment. It's sounding great, hasn't been played for a good portion of time and might likely not get heard again for a while. If they won't play the extended Schism, I think they should drop that first. Schism and Stinkfist just feel kinda like Sober now in the set. Maybe switch out the 3, that just makes too much sense to me. Just my drunk-ass opinion :P
Ahhh, Infotainment!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Stinkfist for me I can have in the setlist forever, perfect closer, unpopular opinion but there it is.

Schism though, meh but the fans LOVE it.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

On paper stinkfist sounds like a lousy closer but I remember in 2013 thinking it was a logical and sensible closer. Kinda feel the same with Metallica finishing with enter sandman.

Lateralus will always be my preferred closer... Aenima was a great finish too. Not that I've seen it live but descending could maybe work too given Maynards desire to walk off early and being an epic song and all
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Turn around and take my

PERFECT END

What over Tool song ends with all of them participating?
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I want the record to show that I agreed you with before I provide these examples to your question.

3rdeye
Ticks and leeches
Pushit
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

tys0n wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:50 am Stinkfist for me I can have in the setlist forever, perfect closer, unpopular opinion but there it is.

Schism though, meh but the fans LOVE it.
Speaking of which, proud to say that I was able to personalize my license plate with "SCHISM". Was surprised when it was approved! :mrgreen:
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

I think stinkfist is an awful closer. It should always be lateralus. Far superior.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I love Stinkfist as a closer, but Lateralus would be great as well.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Back in 2010 they closed with Lateralus into Aenema and I reckon it's a great way to finish their shows. The gig below is a good example. I think Stinkfist is better earlier in the night as it really gets the crowd going. Schism and Jambi are better in the middle somewhere. But Lateralus and Aenema to finish is the best I've seen of them regarding a finishing touch to a show:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/201 ... 47292.html

Hellboy, what did you think of Brisbane and Melbourne shows this tour? Hope you had fun... :)
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

They were fucking amazing! More words when I get home
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Language, this is a Christian forum.
Canned audience laughter
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

hellboy wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:28 pm They were fucking amazing! More words when I get home
\m/
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
tompie
My pain is just an excuse

Post by tompie »

Have seen Stinkfist, Vicarious and Aenema as closers and I was stunned that Stinkfist ended up being my favourite of all three, despite it being my least favourite song of the bunch. Maybe it had to do with the energy that night and the overall performance/hype after so much time away and a new album. I think I generally agree with the idea that you want all four members going strong at the very end to close out a show. Of the songs in their recent regular rotation, I could only really see 46&2 and Jambi serving as closers moving forward. Maybe Parabola but I don't think it hypes people up enough/as much as the other two.

As far as opening songs are concerned, I think FI is the best I've seen as it really sets the mood in the beginning. Nothing has gotten me as antsy as those first few Danny samples, plus the track builds so well and ends so strong. I saw them open with Hooker once and it was just too out of left field and not an especially representative song imo. Saw Jambi in this slot too and it was just too abrupt despite being a great song. Feels like they really nail this song when they've had a couple tracks to warm up. I think Invincible would be an incredible opener but besides that, hard to imagine what else would fit in that slot. Maybe Vicarious.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Third Eye is a great opening song. Flood is good too. Flood into The Grudge back in the Lateralus tour days 2001/2002 was awesome. Fear Inoculum is a solid opening song on this tour though; I love it.

Finishing a show with Aenema has all 4 band members going hard right to the end.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I thought the way had parabola opening up the curtains at the outro was a solid touch. Made perfect sense to have the song in that slot for that reason for me.

Also after seeing parabola on its own on night 1 and then the parabol intro night 2 , I don't think they should play it all without parabol. Kicks in so much better as a full song rather than half done
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

a lot of people feel that way about parbol. i dont mind it not being there at a show if it means another song gets included in the set. to listen at home its hard to not do it the way it was intended but live its diff and id rather have another song.