Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Tool_User
Optomist

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Tool_User »

Bill Hilly wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:52 am Either way, this rubik's cubing thing sounds like more horseshit than the double album rumor.
That's the only part that sounds legit to me bearing in mind Adam has added a new guitar part to one of the tracks. Still think it's bollox though.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

haha, the ''rubiks cubing'' thing was kind of neat being some think these songs are not completed or something is going on with them. he did change ''shield'' to ''shields'' in Invincible. big change! but still. most of that post does mostly sound like b.s.

why would they have a ''preview performance''. M is never at the VIPS. what makes you think hes going to have a ''concert'' for a few random people ? makes no sense. unless it was just tracks on a computer or something. Then my next thought is they prob dont have any of those songs around on anything. its way to easy for someone to download files etc etc. that thing is prob locked away from everyone right now,including themselves.

my intuition is telling me theres more then just an album here. maybe its just wishful thinking. time will tell, along with more crazy speculation!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I'm telling you, limited edition key chain.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:39 am I'm telling you, limited edition key chain.
didnt they already have those ? what about the button you press to open the cd case or whatever it is ? thats the newest rumour i came across in my newsfeed on facebook. maybe its a pop up book! kinda sounds like it!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Tool video game (battle royale) to be included in limited edition package for $299.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:39 am I'm telling you, limited edition key chain.
ya, its got the new tool logo on the front with the album title on the back and a grain of rice has all the track titles on it... why didnt i think of this before i posted the first time ? :P damn!
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

New official instagram: https://www.instagram.com/toolmusic/
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

I have no issue with rumours like this. They are either real or they are not. We will find out in a few months time. No skin off my nose either way. I generally see shit like this as a bit of fun to discuss, but really it doesn't matter because we won't really know shit until August 30.... I can't wait to hear this new album, I have been on a bit of a TOOL hiatus for while (except the 2 new songs)... I put Lateralus on in my car the other day and was amazed at the ability of that song to blow my mind every time.
Be good to each other.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Problem 8
and a curveball
when you solve the rubix
rotary discs
unfold
a keychain
with magnets
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Tool now has an official Instagram page with that me paint promo. Something big is coming imo
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Here's the inside scoop. The album has actually been divided up into 80,000 pieces per country. On August 30th you will have to pay for access to an exclusive Tool app that will coordinate your national scavenger hunt. Once pieces are found, everyone must work together to paste the pieces together in the correct manner (and trust me, they do fit). The first country to assemble the album will receive bonus studio demos, videos, and misc live recordings from the last 3 years. Once your country has completed the album, it will become available for download. Physical releases will arrive on store shelves Spring 2020.
Last edited by Boldizar on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Boldizar wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:14 am Here's the inside scoop. The album has actually been divided up into 80,000 pieces per country. On August 30th you will have to pay for access to an exclusive Tool app that will coordinate your national scavenger hunt. One pieces are found, every one must work together to paste the pieces together in the correct manner (and trust me, they do fit). The first country to assemble the album will receive bonus studio demos, videos, and misc live recordings from the last 3 years. Once your country has completed the album, it will become available for download. Physical releases will arrive on store shelves Spring 2020.
Sounds like a survivor episode. :)
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Fartypants_McGee
Bronco's Fan

Post by Fartypants_McGee »

hellboy wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:20 pm
Fartypants_McGee wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:00 pm
tys0n wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:54 pm How did he remember so many lyrics off just one listen?
He didn't, because this is horseshit.
Not that any of us are buying into this just yet, but what makes you so convinced it's horseshit?
Cynicism and experience, my friend.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Boldizar wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:14 am Here's the inside scoop. The album has actually been divided up into 80,000 pieces per country. On August 30th you will have to pay for access to an exclusive Tool app that will coordinate your national scavenger hunt. One pieces are found, every one must work together to paste the pieces together in the correct manner (and trust me, they do fit). The first country to assemble the album will receive bonus studio demos, videos, and misc live recordings from the last 3 years. Once your country has completed the album, it will become available for download. Physical releases will arrive on store shelves Spring 2020.
Giving Schism a new boost.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

I thought Hellboy had his trusted source that said this ain't a double album. That alone discredits that stupid redit shit. There is 100% no way that "she" has a clue what's coming. Calling total BS.

The Lyrics on the new song she mentioned aren't about drugs. It's about wine and politics. I heard it backstage in Germany. Adam and I go way back.

................... *looks at watch, waiting for the hammer to fall*
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Confirming that it is not a double album does not mean it is a single cd. Mayhaps! Triple! Quadripple!
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Tool_User wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:07 am
Bill Hilly wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:52 am Either way, this rubik's cubing thing sounds like more horseshit than the double album rumor.
That's the only part that sounds legit to me bearing in mind Adam has added a new guitar part to one of the tracks. Still think it's bollox though.
Call me crazy but I could've sworn that Justin played new bass parts in the Berlin video of Invincible.

Or maybe it was Descending.

Fuck, I'm getting old.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

ms2r wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:50 am Confirming that it is not a double album does not mean it is a single cd. Mayhaps! Triple! Quadripple!
You know I was thinking about this the other day. I know it's been mentioned already but it still boggles my mind. When they release their physical copies of the album on CD I have absolutely no hardware to play it on. lol I do have Vinyl so obviously i would pick that up but a CD is useless to me. It would probably just sit in the packaging shrink wrapped forever. My car doesn't even have a CD player.
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

tys0n wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:54 pm The last time they played Australia they did the weird intermission thing but what was worse was no opening act and playing generic dance music before the band came on.
2013? In 2011 they had an epic geometic thing going on for a few mins on its own but I can't remember if it was part of a song intro or not. Something like that would be way better than a countdown timer and that fist holding a flame.
Also re the 'its not about you' thing - Adam comes across in the VIP stuff as a stupidly nice dude. Pensive. It felt like he sincerely was stoked to be around a small group of ppl taking about as much as he could on whatever was being asked, not skirting around the edges. I think maybe it could've been a done a little better by letting ppl pre-submit questions or something with a little more structure, cause otherwise the breaks they take to answer questions between the instrumentals are at the mercy of whoever gets picked out of many raised hands.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

PulsedHalo wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:57 am
ms2r wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:50 am Confirming that it is not a double album does not mean it is a single cd. Mayhaps! Triple! Quadripple!
You know I was thinking about this the other day. I know it's been mentioned already but it still boggles my mind. When they release their physical copies of the album on CD I have absolutely no hardware to play it on. lol I do have Vinyl so obviously i would pick that up but a CD is useless to me. It would probably just sit in the packaging shrink wrapped forever. My car doesn't even have a CD player.
Yah, my car has usb or bluetooth connection for music. How will Tool solve this?

USB in keychain!
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

ms2r wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:26 am
PulsedHalo wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:57 am
Yah, my car has usb or bluetooth connection for music. How will Tool solve this?

USB in keychain!
LOL....Streaming would be great on a service like Tidal since you can go lossless. Spotify and the others have shitty quality though. Now that I think about it I'd probably get the CD so I can rip it in Lossless and upload it to my plex server.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

rshforgothispw wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:09 am Tool now has an official Instagram page with that me paint promo. Something big is coming imo
Something big is indeed coming at the end of August. Instagram is one small step of the rollout. Based on the tour and last newsletter, I wouldn’t expect anymore album details until ~mid July.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

inequitude wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:58 am
tys0n wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:54 pm The last time they played Australia they did the weird intermission thing but what was worse was no opening act and playing generic dance music before the band came on.
2013? In 2011 they had an epic geometic thing going on for a few mins on its own but I can't remember if it was part of a song intro or not. Something like that would be way better than a countdown timer and that fist holding a flame.
Also re the 'its not about you' thing - Adam comes across in the VIP stuff as a stupidly nice dude. Pensive. It felt like he sincerely was stoked to be around a small group of ppl taking about as much as he could on whatever was being asked, not skirting around the edges. I think maybe it could've been a done a little better by letting ppl pre-submit questions or something with a little more structure, cause otherwise the breaks they take to answer questions between the instrumentals are at the mercy of whoever gets picked out of many raised hands.
That's cool to hear. Its hard to form an opinion of someone based on what you see of them on the internet but I always thought Adam seemed like a cock so it's good to hear he seemed genuine at the VIP sessions.

There was also that thing about one of the band members having a serious health issue so if the intermission is about that you could forgive him for being a bit touchy when asked about it.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

limeygringo wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:56 am
Tool_User wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:07 am
Call me crazy but I could've sworn that Justin played new bass parts in the Berlin video of Invincible.

Or maybe it was Descending.

Fuck, I'm getting old.
I've barely listened to descending and have mostly stuck with the same version of invincible but I'll check out the Berlin version now thanks for the heads up.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

M0G wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:12 pm
Tool_User wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:55 pm
unclejackson wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:45 pm

I remember this question. I think the question wasn't very clear and/or it was misinterpreted.

Adam answered the question by defending the existence an intermission. Whereas I think the person asking the question was more interested in how the intermission was presented.
Oh right I thought he got defensive because the fan was implying the way they do it kind of killed the mood but I have got a bad memory so I'm probably wrong.
Fuck Adam I don't care how the question was asked. First off if you are paying 500 bucks for a fucking VIP experience you can ask whatever goddamn question you want. Secondly the live show is ENTIRELY about the fans. Tool wouldn't tour dive bars for chump change they are making crazy money. Typical Adam bullshit.

See a normal person would have answered the question in a normal way. Maybe explaining they needed a break or Maynard needed a break for his voice or an equipment change, etc. Maybe explain what kinds of changes go into the visual side or if they have things they need to adjust or tweak. Provide an actual answer rather than just it isn't about you.

Adam and Maynard both live in these dream worlds where they think the millions and millions they have made have absolutely nothing to do with fans at all. I guess it is easy to forget the early days in those dive bars where fans go to every show and bring their friends and buy copies of cds for other friends and spread word of mouth. You know all the shit that gets a band off and running. Or the fans that have put up with their bullshit excuses for delays that have largely been about having a poor work ethic and living off greatest hits tours until they finally got around to actually getting something done when they felt like it.

Adam and Maynard just need to keep their mouth shut and let Danny do all the talking for the band. Danny might be a little too optimistic at times but he actually knows how to communicate with people and he genuinely treats fans with respect. He is not going to kiss anyones ass but he doesn't seem as delusional as the rest.
Adam and Maynard are definitely the egos in the band. Justin seems totally chilled out. I always thought Danny was this big dummy but I saw an interview with him the other day and he came across as really intelligent and down to earth. Seems like a really great bloke and his work on the new tracks is fucking astonishing really. Probably his best work yet.