Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
liz
Lunchinator

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by liz »

ziggy23 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:18 am
Oh yes. That's it. Friday arvo BBQ with silent disco set up.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Danny wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:15 am I have a feeling that the “Lead Track” from FI will drop tomorrow with the Tool catalogue on streaming media.
How’s that for naivety?
Dunno man I think the streaming is news enough and they would want the single to have its own spotlight. I hope I’m wrong!
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

I think if we get anything more than streaming tomorrow, it will be the Opiate music video.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

I as well think just the back catalog will be released tomorrow. I was really thinking/hoping they would drop Invincible but have switched my thoughts to the following Monday. Looking forward to streaming Disposition/Reflection/Triad as my CD is fucked and stops playing in the middle of Reflection. I would have just bought another copy years ago but I guess I figured they would stream at some point!
All well Whatever, Nevermind
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

Don't albums AND singles get released on Fridays? Usually that's how things seem to go on Spotify at least. It would be a nice surprise to see a single dropped tomorrow. But regarding the older releases, I wonder if there will be any special treatment when they become available. I could have sworn that when Flying Lotus released his new album, there was an animated version of the artwork when streaming from Spotify. Maybe I'm imagining that.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

The two songs Slipknot recently released were dropped on a Thursday and a Monday
All well Whatever, Nevermind
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Yeah singles seem to be whenever. Albums on thurs at midnight.

An extended opiate would be a welcomed treat. I’ve been listening to their back catalog for over 100 days already haha.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

rshforgothispw wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:27 am Yeah singles seem to be whenever. Albums on thurs at midnight.

An extended opiate would be a welcomed treat. I’ve been listening to their back catalog for over 100 days already haha.
100 days? Lol man that’s some rookie numbers rigjt there. JK an extended Opiate would be badass. Even better if it were the Video!!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

i also put all of Tool's catalog (including a shit load of live shows) into my Spotify and downloaded them to my phone, so i have been listening to their stuff on Spotify for months. Im excited about the streaming thing tomorrow, but it wont affect me much. Other than allowing me to delete the raw files from my phone i guess...
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Do you think they will be better quality?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

rshforgothispw wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:29 pm Do you think they will be better quality?
unlikely... but im no audiphile. It all sounds good enough for me
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Nah expecting better audio quality on Spotify is like going to maccas hoping for a better burger than you'd get from a quality burger joint.

I guess the whole streaming thing isn't Pacific time. Nothing on my Spotify this morning anyway.
Listen to All Them Witches
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

ziggy23 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:18 am
Immediately thought of this photo shoot! Lol
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
fractal-machine
Has been

xZ1mM3r wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:19 pm i also put all of Tool's catalog (including a shit load of live shows) into my Spotify and downloaded them to my phone, so i have been listening to their stuff on Spotify for months. Im excited about the streaming thing tomorrow, but it wont affect me much. Other than allowing me to delete the raw files from my phone i guess...
Same here, although I've been listening to Tool on my Spotify for years now, lol! I'll prolly remove all but the live stuff once the albums drop in Friday
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:19 pm i also put all of Tool's catalog (including a shit load of live shows) into my Spotify and downloaded them to my phone, so i have been listening to their stuff on Spotify for months. Im excited about the streaming thing tomorrow, but it wont affect me much. Other than allowing me to delete the raw files from my phone i guess...
I am assuming it also means the back catalogue will be up for purchase on ITunes and Amazon. I don't care about Spotify but I am gonna purchase the back catalogue. I already have them stored digitally but i can't be bothered to upload them into either library. Plus I want all the meta data to be correct and interface smoothly with those libraries.

So those lazy bastards are getting some money from me tomorrow which annoys me to no end but that goddamn music is too good
The most intelligent person on this forum
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
fractal-machine
Has been

ziggy23 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:11 pm Image
Holy shit! Lol. I just came here coz I saw the same thing lol!
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

WOW. If these truly are higher quality than CD even I will have to buy some digital copies.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

I have several copies of all the albums so i downloaded hight quality files from torrent sites and synced them to my iPhone. I’ve done this with all the albums i own. I do buy music from Amazon for the albums i don’t own.

I don’t live in the USA and piracy is widespread over here, i always support the musicians i love but i don’t know if you guys in USA or Australia might be prosecuted for downloading from torrent sites.
I forgot my pen
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

OK. It's Friday. Where is the TooL catalogue on spodify?
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:04 pm
I am assuming it also means the back catalogue will be up for purchase on ITunes and Amazon. I don't care about Spotify but I am gonna purchase the back catalogue. I already have them stored digitally but i can't be bothered to upload them into either library. Plus I want all the meta data to be correct and interface smoothly with those libraries.

So those lazy bastards are getting some money from me tomorrow which annoys me to no end but that goddamn music is too good
Oooo that's a really good point about the metadata. I'm so particular about making sure all that is perfect... Drives me crazy when something is off or not categorized correctly.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

liz wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:02 pm OK. It's Friday. Where is the TooL catalogue on spodify?
Yeah times like now they could really use a manager or something to you know... specify August 2nd east coast usa time or something.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:25 pm
liz wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:02 pm OK. It's Friday. Where is the TooL catalogue on spodify?
Yeah times like now they could really use a manager or something to you know... specify August 2nd east coast usa time or something.
I can't even find their artist profile. FFS I'm a busy woman and I want this shit sorted before my walk today!
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

liz wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:32 pm
I can't even find their artist profile. FFS I'm a busy woman and I want this shit sorted before my walk today!
What's the assumption? 12pm EST?
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

liz wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:32 pm
Yep it's amateur hour again.