Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by ziggy23 »

I wouldn't fight an octopus man
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Raffa D
of Arimathea

Post by Raffa D »

He's got a sort of crooked nose in the picture. Is it broken?
Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

He's clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Hate to speculate so I won't!
Canned audience laughter
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Sorry to ask, but TMZ is some kind of tabloid magazine, "action-news"?

Whatever went wrong there, I hope we'll get an official statement soon.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

I'm not going to speculate either. It is still a real bummer seeing him in this situation.

Yes, TMZ is a very scummy tabloid.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

TMZ is slightly tabloid-ish and scummy, however they have some respect due to their fairly accurate reporting believe it or not (whether or not one agrees or disagrees with some opinionated articles is another story). They’re kinda/sort of like Blabbermouth in that sense.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Questions about whether this kind of footage should be recorded and released aside (personally I'm not a huge fan of the shaming aspect behind recording and publishing peoples misfortunes - self inflicted or otherwise) the article on TMZ is not alll that tabloidish, regardless of how they are regarded by the public. The reality for Danny is that he's a celebrity, and with that comes some form of public accountability.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

If the dude behind the camera knew who Danny was, he sure as shit didn't sound like a fan. Seemed to me like he was just filming it because and then probably later found out who it was.
Listen to All Them Witches
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Danny was telling dude/dudette to keep filming lmao. He was dunk, it’s a misdemeanor, we’ve all done dumb shit and said dumb shit. Life, hopefully, goes on. He partied too hard.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:58 pm If the dude behind the camera knew who Danny was, he sure as shit didn't sound like a fan. Seemed to me like he was just filming it because and then probably later found out who it was.
I'm sure whoever was filming knew who Danny was - I can't think of a reason they'd film otherwise
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

The thing that makes it sad for me is that he is from Kansas and earlier that day, he played with the Kansas University band at a basketball game and he was so happy playing (as he usually is) and his night had to end like this.

This was just earlier this day.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

^^^ not to nit pick here or anything but the arrest was Sunday night. Danny was playing with the college band Saturday afternoon. He (presumably) went to the late Chiefs game on Sunday and got pretty damn drunk.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

You are not nit picking. I kind of had my information wrong.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

hellboy wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:19 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:58 pm If the dude behind the camera knew who Danny was, he sure as shit didn't sound like a fan. Seemed to me like he was just filming it because and then probably later found out who it was.
I'm sure whoever was filming knew who Danny was - I can't think of a reason they'd film otherwise
Surely you are being facetious here?
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Whoever was filming knew they were filming someone famous, is the point. That's the entire purpose of tmz reporting. Who the fuck cares
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

tys0n wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:55 pm

Hate to speculate so I won't!
Don't piss on me n tell it's raining. Surely you've got a huv-ho. Throw a video up & duck out. Don't speculate
also, Avatar!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

trilobite wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:14 pm Whoever was filming knew they were filming someone famous, is the point. That's the entire purpose of tmz reporting. Who the fuck cares
Is it not conceivable that the person behind the camera doesn't actually work for tmz? Like ya say ,who cares. I just can't fathom that you guys could be so naive as to not realise that people in today's society are very quick to pull their phone out and record something at the drop of a hat. Maybe they knew he was famous, maybe they didn't, but to assume they knew based on the evidence of well they filmed it is just kinda foolish to me.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Busty!!! Great to see you back!
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

TMZ is scum. They really attack famous movie stars and real popular musicians. Let's face it, The four members of Tool have always been very low key with their lives and most people would not recognize them unless they are a Tool fan. Danny asked this person to keep recording because a lot of cops are really not properly trained and they treat people like shit before asking questions. I think that's why Danny told this guy to keep recording. This person did know how to sell this recording to TMZ though and TMZ purchased it. This person must have known who Danny is, otherwise why would one sell TMZ a video of someone that is not known.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:59 pm Busty!!! Great to see you back!
Sup bottles ya mad bastard
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:39 pm
trilobite wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:14 pm Whoever was filming knew they were filming someone famous, is the point. That's the entire purpose of tmz reporting. Who the fuck cares
Is it not conceivable that the person behind the camera doesn't actually work for tmz? Like ya say ,who cares. I just can't fathom that you guys could be so naive as to not realise that people in today's society are very quick to pull their phone out and record something at the drop of a hat. Maybe they knew he was famous, maybe they didn't, but to assume they knew based on the evidence of well they filmed it is just kinda foolish to me.
Guaranteed that’s how it went. TMZ might have people at LAX on a daily basis but it was probably just a random person at that airport.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I can't quite make out what all was said, let alone know what actually happened. Neither can any of you

I hope DC's doing well
also, Avatar!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

trilobite wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:14 pm Whoever was filming knew they were filming someone famous, is the point.
trilobite wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:45 pm I can't quite make out what all was said, let alone know what actually happened. Neither can any of you
Yeah, that uhh.. was kinda the point I was making there champion. 😅
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

whoa! everytime i come back from not being on line more people show up or something weird happens. got both this time! :P Things happen, we still love him! i cant make out everything he said either but no one noticed he called the one cop a tool ? haha, pretty classic sorta. its an embarrassing video but whatever.

*oh damn! he said ''im the drummer in tool''. too bad he didnt call the cop a tool! i like what i thought i heard better. oh geeze