Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
tys0n
Streeper

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n »

What pisses me off is I saw some Pink Floyd release with all the albums remastered and also released in 5.1 and live show recordings, what the fuck is keeping Lazy Bones from printing money?

Artistic integrity?

Mad dosh from blankets?

A genuine disdain for his fans? (This one would be cool)

:roll:
Canned audience laughter
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

tys0n wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:29 am

A genuine disdain for his fans? (This one would be cool)

:roll:
probably this one :lol:
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

it sounds like sometimes its about money. Not hungry anymore, do small yearly tours, make mad cash, be OCD about writing material. I dont think you'll see live releases till they're finished (lots say that at this point). With this pandemic though, it would be nice if they could do something like that just to make a bridge from the world falling apart till now in terms of hearing them and being cool or something. pricks! ha
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Well, if they don't want to do it for the money, how about they do it for the fans? It's win-win right?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

hellboy wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:07 pm Well, if they don't want to do it for the money, how about they do it for the fans? It's win-win right?
isn't that what i just said ? if you mean me. ya, totally! just a little bonus with some of those shows Danny has laying around. im assuming he has them being he did the audio for Salival. or whoever has them. appreciate the audience a bit more for once. yes!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

As an armchair psychologist, Adam cares way too much about his legacy and his legacy is Tool.

Which is his prerogative and refreshing to see from an artist but fuck, give us content, feed us junkies.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

If they don't pull their finger out their legacy will be blankets and pillows
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:20 am If they don't pull their finger out their legacy will be blankets and pillows
HB has always been the level headed voice of reason when it comes to (lack of) Tool releases or content. Your last few posts are edging on The Grudge worthy. What im trying to say is "welcome to the dark side :twisted: "
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

tys0n wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:01 am As an armchair psychologist, Adam cares way too much about his legacy and his legacy is Tool.

Which is his prerogative and refreshing to see from an artist but fuck, give us content, feed us junkies.
Yeah. Kinda agree. He seems to be way to meticulous about everything. Over-perfecting all, and thus never happy finished.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

As another armchair that was.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

well Maynard never came across as someone that was to into releasing live stuff. it happened in APC finally but i remember him saying he wasnt too worried about it in 2004 when that was sorta kicking around a little. wasted oppurtunity on that one. the 04' tour was better then what they released with that boxset thing.

its never gonna happen! its easier to just think that. ha
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

It's obvious Maynard has little say in what Tool eventually does, I'd say about a fourth.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:06 am It's obvious Maynard has little say in what Tool eventually does, I'd say about a fourth.
thats true. its the only thing hes not a diva in which is great! ha
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

tys0n wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:06 am It's obvious Maynard has little say in what Tool eventually does, I'd say about a fourth.
Whoa
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I've done the math enough to know.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

he has to wait, more like 1/8th. hes buuusy
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

hellboy wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:20 am If they don't pull their finger out their legacy will be blankets and pillows
@Boldizar doesn't mind :lol:
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

bob wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:31 am well Maynard never came across as someone that was to into releasing live stuff. it happened in APC finally but i remember him saying he wasnt too worried about it in 2004 when that was sorta kicking around a little. wasted oppurtunity on that one. the 04' tour was better then what they released with that boxset thing.

Do you mean this limited edition video stuff?
Looks like some amateurs shot it.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Spoonman wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:34 am
bob wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:31 am well Maynard never came across as someone that was to into releasing live stuff. it happened in APC finally but i remember him saying he wasnt too worried about it in 2004 when that was sorta kicking around a little. wasted oppurtunity on that one. the 04' tour was better then what they released with that boxset thing.

Do you mean this limited edition video stuff?
Looks like some amateurs shot it.
Ya, the stone & echo boxset. On the dvd ''aMotion'' theres some backstage footage and a video for ''the noose'' live but they made it look more like a video, video. People were a little dissapointed by that and were hoping for more of a straight up concert vid. does S & E look amateur? i didnt watch it much cause that wasnt the greatest of tours for APC, imo. at the end of that live footage on amotion it said ''to be continued'' too bad it wasn't more live stuff from the 04' tour. Somewhere in there M had said something about not being too worried about releasing live stuff when Billy and him were talking about it. Prob why it was limited edition only if i were to guess.

M's only 1/8th of apc anyway like Tyson was saying, so thats prob why too ;) haha
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Maybe it just didn't age too well with its editing and cheesy effects.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

After APC released 13th Step they went into fucking shambles.

A bunch of subpar releases to get out of the Sony contract.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ya who knows, if theres more live footage from 04 i dont think its edited like the video for the noose was. still a better performance at that time then later. i liked the show in 2017. M was louder then i had heard him in a long time but they were a better band back in the early days.

was there issues with the record company ? i thought Maynard and Billy kinda got screwy based on things they say in interviews which kinda seemed that way even though they didnt really say it like that. the covers album was bogus of course. ha
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

TOOL tour in early 2022?! Some info seems to have leaked from the Adam Jones signing event! Fingers Crossed!
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Shed523 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:14 am TOOL tour in early 2022?! Some info seems to have leaked from the Adam Jones signing event! Fingers Crossed!
Maybe to promote a new album?
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Spoonman wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:46 am
Shed523 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:14 am TOOL tour in early 2022?! Some info seems to have leaked from the Adam Jones signing event! Fingers Crossed!
Maybe to promote a new album?
From my understanding that's a no. I guess he was asked about new material. Still have to get my 7empest fix so!
All well Whatever, Nevermind