Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
PulsedHalo
Has been

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by PulsedHalo »

Shed523 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:51 pm I really thought the vocals on ETE were excellent. Maynard really using his voice as an instrument. I am expecting some “screams” from Maynard but most likely extreme highs and lows to play off each other.
You're right. His vocals were excellent. The album needed way more guitar. I don't know whose fault that was but they were crazy to not add more guitar to that album. Big miss as far as I'm concerned.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Maynard said turn down the guitar to Billy.
Canned audience laughter
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

If that's true then blah to him.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Intensity and inflection of his vocals in the TalkTalk chorus brings enough heat for me. Not expecting him to unleash.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

PulsedHalo wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:55 pm
Shed523 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:51 pm I really thought the vocals on ETE were excellent. Maynard really using his voice as an instrument. I am expecting some “screams” from Maynard but most likely extreme highs and lows to play off each other.
You're right. His vocals were excellent. The album needed way more guitar. I don't know whose fault that was but they were crazy to not add more guitar to that album. Big miss as far as I'm concerned.
I liked the album for what it was. I don't think either of them had an interest in releasing an album that sounded just like the old APC releases. The songwriting was hit and miss in places, but the fidelity of the album and Maynard's vocals are great imo.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Apparently Billy had spent a long time going back and forth over the songs adding layers of guitars and Maynard told him to strip it right back so he could 'hear' the song and see where to go with it. Billy said it was hard to do that to his work but is happy with the result.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Eat the Elephant was such a letdown. Some awful songs on that album. A few great ones but many many many notches below Mer de Noms and Thirteenth Step. Maynard did sound excellent on the album I will give him that. The Post Rock/Depeche mode vibe largely fell flat.

Thankfully on the new Tool album Maynard had very little say on what the other three wrote so this new album, at least based off of Descending and Invincible, will likely be fantastic. No Puscifer infused nonsense other than dipshit Maynard wearing Puscifer jackets at Tool shows. What a cunt.
The most intelligent person on this forum
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I didn't get any post rock vibe from ETE
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Tool_User wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:28 pm Apparently Billy had spent a long time going back and forth over the songs adding layers of guitars and Maynard told him to strip it right back so he could 'hear' the song and see where to go with it. Billy said it was hard to do that to his work but is happy with the result.
i think BIlly should of told him where to go over some of that. ETE isnt that good. M ruined it!

Depeche Mode vibe ? i grew up loving Mode,i dont hear anything that sounds like DM on ETE. Mode in their prime at least. yep, agreed on that one. M isnt the boss in tool but he is in everything else he does it seems.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

M0G wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:52 pmNo Puscifer infused nonsense other than dipshit Maynard wearing Puscifer jackets at Tool shows. What a cunt.
Calling Maynard a cunt for wearing a Puscifer jacket at live gigs? Really? I think that's going a bit too far. Sorry but that's disrespectful mate. Triggered or not, or whether you're trying to provoke/trigger here, I'm not a fan of that language.

I've posted this link before but listen to how good he sounds these days:

M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Nothing to do with his singing ability he sounds fine. He is still a cunt. Wearing a jacket from one of your other bands when singing for the band you are performing with is a cunt move.

Stop defending Jimmy do you think he peruses these forums or gives any fucks about what any fan thinks or says? His disdain for the fan base has been apparent for years.

I give no fucks about Maynard. He is singing well so that bodes well for the new album beyond that Maynard is a cunt.
The most intelligent person on this forum
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:45 am Nothing to do with his singing ability he sounds fine. He is still a cunt. Wearing a jacket from one of your other bands when singing for the band you are performing with is a cunt move.

Stop defending Jimmy do you think he peruses these forums or gives any fucks about what any fan thinks or says? His disdain for the fan base has been apparent for years.

I give no fucks about Maynard. He is singing well so that bodes well for the new album beyond that Maynard is a cunt.
LUL... but you say im triggered?

Give it a rest man... 50 something days until the album. Why dont you take a few weeks off? Lately every one of your posts should just be moved to The Grudge. I actually like you, but jesus, you whine about this band more than anyone else on this forum. For good or for bad. Every post is just a rehashing of 'cunt, irrelevant, lazy, bullshit, fucks, etc.'

We get it, you like Tool's music and hate everything else about them. You arent changing anyones mind. Move along.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

I agree with you that Maynard doesn't give much away with regard to interacting with fans but calling him a cunt for wearing a Puscifer jacket on stage is going too far. Calling it a "cunt move" is too much.

If he was selling Puscifer merchandise at TOOL shows, or singing Puscifer songs at TOOL shows then maybe you could be critical and use such expressions of disdain here but I think Axl Rose turning up late to concerts or quitting early is much more of a "cunt move" than simply wearing a Puscifer jacket on stage.

I think you're being too casual with the C word here; it should only be reserved and used for extreme situations whenever someone does something particularly distasteful/disrespectful. Which word, phrase, expression would you use if Maynard did just sing the first 2 songs of a live gig and then left the stage for the rest of the show?

Sorry to be so defensive here but I can think of more deserving candidates when it comes to being described with that word...
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Talking shit about the guy who wrote ‘Hooker with a Penis’ for promoting the brand synonymous with his persona is some next level dumb.
“Casual Fan”
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

He's just stirring the pot and trying to get a reaction out of all of you. If you don't feed the animal it eventually goes away. He will be shoulder deep within the border line the second the album drops.
Last edited by PulsedHalo on Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

bob wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:29 am
Tool_User wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:28 pm Apparently Billy had spent a long time going back and forth over the songs adding layers of guitars and Maynard told him to strip it right back so he could 'hear' the song and see where to go with it. Billy said it was hard to do that to his work but is happy with the result.
i think BIlly should of told him where to go over some of that. ETE isnt that good. M ruined it!

Depeche Mode vibe ? i grew up loving Mode,i dont hear anything that sounds like DM on ETE. Mode in their prime at least. yep, agreed on that one. M isnt the boss in tool but he is in everything else he does it seems.
I'd agree to some extent. I felt there was room for some of Billy's badass guitar playing. But to be fair, Billy had been hounding maynard to work together again for a long time. Maynard found a small window and they had to rush to get it done. You can tell but it's not a bad album by any means.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

M0G wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:45 am Nothing to do with his singing ability he sounds fine. He is still a cunt. Wearing a jacket from one of your other bands when singing for the band you are performing with is a cunt move.

It would be a cunt move if any of the members of tool had insecurity issues....
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I always thought Adam was the cunt but I feel kind of bad saying that now. Maybe they are both cunts fuck knows I'm not really bothered as long as the album comes out. They make good music and it's a good job they can put aside the fact that they are cunts and work together.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Oh and by the way mog, your hero Danny is a cunt for pissing around jamming for too long with Adam and Justin. Adam and just are cunts for taking too long to figure shit out aswell. Cunts the lot of them.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Wow, the egos in this place are ridiculous. Get over yourselves, we’ve all collectively come to this forum all these years for TOOL. Nothing else really. All of our musical heroes are assholes at some point or another. Move along. Not long to go. Month and some change and we’ll actually have something to talk about. I’m still trying to come up with my plan of attack when it comes to first listen.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I'm only pissing about. Think my humour is a little too dry sometimes. I will be listening through quality headphones with a large spliff.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

How awesome would it be if Invincible isn't even the song title? lol
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

I’m still trying to come up with my plan of attack when it comes to first listen.
ya, i know what you mean. chances are its going to leak a bit early so i'll prob be sitting were i am right now with headphones on. When i actually have it in hand i'll prob find a nice place to park in the shade and give it a go then.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

PulsedHalo wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:53 am How awesome would it be if Invincible isn't even the song title? lol
Super awesome. Invincible is a hamhanded title. By hamhanded I mean stupid.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Takeo wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:01 am
PulsedHalo wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:53 am How awesome would it be if Invincible isn't even the song title? lol
Super awesome. Invincible is a hamhanded title. By hamhanded I mean stupid.
Maybe it's really called Caligula. :o :shock: :lol: