Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Krazy_blah »

That would piss me the fuck off if they added shows. Announce one festival date, wait for people to buy tickets, then announce arena dates that people would rather attend.

It'll probably happen!
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Krazy_blah wrote:That would piss me the fuck off if they added shows. Announce one festival date, wait for people to buy tickets, then announce arena dates that people would rather attend.

It'll probably happen!
I thinks it's very likely. And did most people buy tickets already because they want to see tool or because they want to see tool at that festival on Halloween with the other headliners. I would bet the latter.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Krazy_blah wrote:That would piss me the fuck off if they added shows. Announce one festival date, wait for people to buy tickets, then announce arena dates that people would rather attend.

It'll probably happen!
Their shows sell out anyway, don't see what advantage this would give them.

MAYBE the festival asked them to hold off on announcing any additional dates but I think even that is a stretch. That line up is pretty impressive overall and tickets were not crazy priced.
Hey! Denty!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ravenpig wrote:

It'll probably happen!
Their shows sell out anyway, don't see what advantage this would give them.

MAYBE the festival asked them to hold off on announcing any additional dates but I think even that is a stretch. That line up is pretty impressive overall and tickets were not crazy priced.
I think tool has had additional dates planned, as well as the festival date, but they just never announced it. The festival was only announced cause it was on their own terms, i would bet if it was up to Tool they still wouldnt have announced the Halloween show.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Honestly I don't see other dates being announced... I could be wrong, and I probably am, just have this feeling. Ohh well I got my tix purchased. If they make it to the Midwest, I may make that one as well.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Yeah, this strikes me as a one-off sort of deal.
Don't mow your lawn
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Meanwhile in all the excitement...everyone forgets it's been nine years and no new album...
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

From what I've heard (from a source of unknown reliability) more shows are definitely not out of the equation.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:Meanwhile in all the excitement...everyone forgets it's been nine years and no new album...
I doubt anyone's forgot, but thanks for the reminder.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

That Komara album is NOT out. It releases tomorrow, BLAIR.
Don't mow your lawn
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

oO,..,Oo

Really like what I'm hearing
also, Avatar!
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

The album won't be out this year. Why not hit the road for a couple more weeks and make some easy money? Seems like a no-brainer to me. I have no problem with that... as long as they come within 3 hours of my house.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Didn't they kinda of do that with the 10k release? Was announced to headline Coachella then released tour dates? But of course the album was done and leaked by the time of Coachella. I just remember thinking I would've just gone to the Az. show instead of shelling out the dough for Coachella (of course no regrets). Anyways a Halloween show with primus! Looking forward to it! Glad the show is this year because next year Halloween is my wedding date, thanks TooL for the early wedding gift haha!
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Lol, yeah at Coachella people were singing along to The Pot and shit. MJK wasn't too impressed. Awesome fucking show though
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

So did you guys listen to the leaked album before the show, or did you avoid it like the plague? If a new album was leaked before this show, will you listen to it? I think i would try to avoid it and have a pure experience.

Similarly, if they announce more shows, i hope they are after this show. I don't feel like avoiding set lists lol.
Bones
of Arimathea

Post by Bones »

Ummm....does anyone really care about what Maynard has to say about the same sex marriage issue?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Bones wrote:Ummm....does anyone really care about what Maynard has to say about the same sex marriage issue?
on the list of celebrities opinions that i care about, i would put him higher than lower.... but thats misleading because overall celebrity opinions dont interest me.
Bones
of Arimathea

Post by Bones »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
Bones wrote:Ummm....does anyone really care about what Maynard has to say about the same sex marriage issue?
on the list of celebrities opinions that i care about, i would put him higher than lower.... but thats misleading because overall celebrity opinions dont interest me.
Exactly. I just think it kind of lowers them. They should realize their opinion is no more relevant than anyone else's
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

^So a famous person should never have an opinion? Doesn't make the person opinion right or wrong just because they have a lot of people follow them and can express it to more people, but it shouldn't stop a famous person from ever expressing their opinion.
Last edited by the chill on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bones
of Arimathea

Post by Bones »

Express it.....just realize that's what it is......no matter the followers.

However, in this case.....id rather have him singing it
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Well you were the one to acknowledge it lol
also, Avatar!
Bones
of Arimathea

Post by Bones »

trilobite wrote:Well you were the one to acknowledge it lol
I hear u.....only acknowledged because it's posted on the home page, where I visit to get tool news.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bones wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:
Exactly. I just think it kind of lowers them. They should realize their opinion is no more relevant than anyone else's
I don't think anyone is asserting that it is. What he did is not much different to people changing their Facebook profile pics to rainbow colours.

As to whether it deserves coverage on Fourtheye - well, he is the singer of Tool. That part is important.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

budsyralli wrote:lame newsletter has been posted..........feels like de ja vu
That's the June Newsletter? Wow...copy and paste. Lame.
Last edited by nxrm on Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Bones
of Arimathea

Post by Bones »

I don't think anyone is asserting that it is. What he did is not much different to people changing their Facebook profile pics to rainbow colours.

As to whether it deserves coverage on Fourtheye - well, he is the singer of Tool. That part is important.[/quote]

No offense intended HB. I certainly appreciate work and this site. I get how it's related somewhat.

The assertion part comes in as he undermined others opinions as he gave his own.....ie Christians, bible believers, or others that may simply disagree.