Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

Bones wrote: The assertion part comes in as he undermined others opinions as he gave his own.....ie Christians, bible believers, or others that may simply disagree.
Well, that's generally how it works. It's hard to assert that religion is silly without undermining it.

Edit: No offense taken btw.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Likely a reference to Puscifer, so Tool fans probably shouldn't get their hopes up.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Aaron Harris also posted a studio pic and tagged all the Puscifer folk so you're probably right.
Hey! Denty!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:
Bones wrote: The assertion part comes in as he undermined others opinions as he gave his own.....ie Christians, bible believers, or others that may simply disagree.
Well, that's generally how it works. It's hard to assert that religion is silly without undermining it.

Edit: No offense taken btw.
Not in this forum thread please. It's already everywhere else, we don't need it in the Tool social media thread.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Question is, can Puscifer & what not tide yee over a while..

Not much longer folks
also, Avatar!
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

I bet tool releases a new album next spring. I hope it's a double with full length film. That would be worth the wait.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

^^^ I could get down with this idea of double album with movie of sorts........ im sure that go-pro has seen its fair share of loft orbs ;)
go taff!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Curveball?

Hey, tomorrow is July 3rd.....
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

blacksabbath wrote:I bet tool releases a new album next spring. I hope it's a double with full length film. That would be worth the wait
If what we've been hearing is true, that they're still contractually obligated to deliver one more album, it just doesn't make much sense that it would be a double, triple, quadruple, or any type of release.

Despite the creative nature of what they're doing, from a pragmatic point of view it's still a business venture, and there's nothing in their past output that suggests they're just going to give something away that they could eventually profit from down the road.

I think the reality based expectation should be a new album, along with whatever the "curveball" ends up being. If there's something more released, awesome, but truly anticipating something epic is sure to lead to disappointment.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

If they were just releasing something for the record company, why not just release some jams and then get on with something epic?
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

blacksabbath wrote:If they were just releasing something for the record company, why not just release some jams and then get on with something epic?
Adam posted on IG - Evil joe producing a "what would be jam" a while ago, could be something.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

My guess is that they made a video for The Pot....and just kept going and going with it. Until they probably ended up doing a mini film of sorts. Although how they could make an entire film and keep it under wraps is beyond me.

Although Metallica did to be honest...
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
sosa14
Maynard Believer

Post by sosa14 »

Been along time since I've been around. Anyway, what's the deal with the July BBQ I saw the poster for awhile back... could that involve the golden ticket?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

i dont think Tool really cares about what they could release down the road. Tool is the type of band that WOULD release a double album and DVD as the last album of their contract. They kinda go against the grain of most bands, they might do it cause why not. Good music will sell, they will make money. I dont think they would ever release a sub-par album of jams or cut songs just to fulfill their contract, and then go out on their own and release the good stuff.... just not like them to do that.

Adam knows, at the end of the day, all you are judged on is your material, and he will never release something that he believes is less than perfect.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

nxrm wrote:
If what we've been hearing is true, that they're still contractually obligated to deliver one more album, it just doesn't make much sense that it would be a double, triple, quadruple, or any type of release.
I don't think that Tool would hold back a "magnum opus" just because they want fulfil their contract with something lesser.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:Curveball?

Hey, tomorrow is July 3rd.....
sosa14 wrote:Been along time since I've been around. Anyway, what's the deal with the July BBQ I saw the poster for awhile back... could that involve the golden ticket?
I want to believe, but I expect that nothing will happen.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:
nxrm wrote:
I don't think that Tool would hold back a "magnum opus" just because they want fulfil their contract with something lesser.
pretty much said exactly what i did 1 post prior
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

hellboy wrote:I don't think that Tool would hold back a "magnum opus" just because they want fulfill their contract with something lesser.
I agree with that, especially after hearing what Adam had to say during the meet and greets, but I do think expectations for some epic release should be tempered.

Whatever they release is going to have a difficult time fulfilling the ever expanding anticipation at this point, and I think I'm going to enjoy whatever it is as much as reading the fan furor (either for or against it).
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

xZ1mM3r wrote:I dont think they would ever release a sub-par album of jams or cut songs just to fulfill their contract, and then go out on their own and release the good stuff.... just not like them to do that.
I agree with the part about never intentionally releasing an album they aren't 100% behind, but...there was that recent 21st Anniversay Opiate release...just saying'.
xZ1mM3r wrote:Adam knows, at the end of the day, all you are judged on is your material, and he will never release something that he believes is less than perfect.
Again, agreed, but the idea (expectation really) that this equates to a double album or something even more epic, based solely on the amount of time since their last release...come on. That's just someone setting themselves up for disappointment.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

nxrm wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:I dont think they would ever release a sub-par album of jams or cut songs just to fulfill their contract, and then go out on their own and release the good stuff.... just not like them to do that.
I agree with the part about never intentionally releasing an album they aren't 100% behind, but...there was that recent 21st Anniversay Opiate release...just saying'.
xZ1mM3r wrote:Adam knows, at the end of the day, all you are judged on is your material, and he will never release something that he believes is less than perfect.
Again, agreed, but the idea (expectation really) that this equates to a double album or something even more epic, based solely on the amount of time since their last release...come on. That's just someone setting themselves up for disappointment.
I am not of the camp that believes it will be a double album.. i simply used that as an example because someone had mentioned it. I think it will be a single album, but a great one.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

xZ1mM3r wrote:I am not of the camp that believes it will be a double album. I simply used that as an example because someone had mentioned it. I think it will be a single album, but a great one.
\m/
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

nxrm wrote:
It's not that it would be epic because of the time. It's that it would make the wait worthwhile. Totally different thing. It's just dumb hope posted to kill the time between now and Halloween. Another distraction until they release their long awaited double album.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

blacksabbath wrote:It's just dumb hope posted to kill the time between now and Halloween. Another distraction until they release their long awaited double album.
Well, for the sake and sanity of those anxiously expecting, I truly hope it is something epic.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

It will be man, I just know it!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I've stayed sane by not speculating about the new Tool album. In fact, I don't even consider there to be album in progress. As far as I'm concerned Tool is just a touring band now. Until there's a name, a date, and a single there is no new Tool album, Bill.
Don't mow your lawn