Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by rshforgothispw »

Agreed. I want all the info I can get but their approach is the best approach. They’re multi millionaires and got there by doing no different.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Are they doing it wrong? Can they do better? Says who? They’re doing it exactly how they want to do it - which to a degree is refreshing.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

I remember being a little anxious back in September/October 2010 when TOOL announced they were playing the Big Day Out festival here in Australia in January 2011. At the time, there wasn't much info about side shows even though a LOT of fans were obviously keen to attend if they were going to be announced. We were worried they might not do side shows at all because there was no info or updates whatsoever...

...and then in mid-October the band announced side shows in Brisbane and Melbourne, tickets went on sale with very little promotion, both shows sold out straight away and look at the fucking epic show we got in Brisbane a few months later:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/201 ... 2d7c9.html

My point is that all the worry or anxiety about whether or not announcements/info was coming was all for nothing. TOOL announced these shows late and didn't really promote them (they didn't need to) but sold out both and then put on one of the best gigs I've ever seen them play. They just delivered. They took a similar low key approach when they toured here again in 2013.

I don't think they are too fussed about all of the hype... keeps an element of mystery about the band... kinda cool... and I think they will deliver in a big way come August 30th. Songs, artwork, tour dates etc. Everything.

P.S. Seeing You Lied with Justin doing some vocals was fucking cool :)
jackob2545
My pain is just an excuse

Post by jackob2545 »

As someone who is holding out until the physical album release to hear any new music, I slightly appreciate the lack of of information as it keeps the temptation at bay. We have been given a date, I honestly done see what more is "needed." Most of what is being stated here is a "want" or based on how other bands etc. have done things. Tool always sells out concerts in minutes, have carried a music carrier almost 30 years with only 6 releases and has an established fan base that will buy this album even if they chose to peddle in conjunction with fresh orange stands on the side of the road. It's coming, its confirmed, what more to you "NEED."

I find myself referencing one of my favorite movie build up experiences of the past 10+ years when thinking about this album. I still remember when the original Cloverfield Trailer dropped. No one had any idea of what was going on outside of there was something coming and a date. The hype for what was ultimately a found footage monster film self perpetuated and gained so much steam with really no marketing outside of a very vague and tough to find viral campaign. Everything revolves around money and when you can keep overhead low with a couple tweets and a banner at the end of your concerts... why not!
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

We will hear things at the last possible moment. That has always been the way they do things. We will get album art, track list, pre-order info, etc right before its being shipped to retailers and shops, because if they don't, other people will leak information. It's the calm before the storm. Enjoy it... because once the flood gates open, I imagine r/toolband, and possibly even here will be unbearable for a few months.
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

jackob2545 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:50 am It's coming, its confirmed, what more to you "NEED."
Bloody Millennials!
Deftones!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
earthrocker
Rhandy

Post by earthrocker »

Attachments
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg (211.94 KiB) Viewed 8928 times
Deftones!
brianlikesmovies

Post by brianlikesmovies »

ziggy23 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:35 am
I made an account just to mention this popping up on Google Play, seems legit. Only Tool release I didn't own...till now.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

PulsedHalo wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:50 am I just hope they change their logo. The 10,000 days logo is ugly as fuck.
Here, here. Tired of "fool".

Regarding the release info: I am not demanding more. I am pointing out that the band, as a band, has officially given zero general announcements, read that as they have released nothing. Thinking back, I want to say I do remember a news post, but looking back now there is none. Was one deleted?
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Matthewc25

Post by Matthewc25 »

If you google tool on iTunes there is a link that will take you to Apple Music and you can then download 72826!! It’s on my phone now!!!
brianlikesmovies

Didn't expect 72826 to be the first digital tool release but Im not bitchin.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

How awesome would it be if there's a code in there somewhere we need to decipher! 72826.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

PulsedHalo wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:09 pm How awesome would it be if there's a code in there somewhere we need to decipher! 72826.
SATAN
earthrocker
Rhandy

Post by earthrocker »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:21 pm
PulsedHalo wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:09 pm How awesome would it be if there's a code in there somewhere we need to decipher! 72826.
SATAN
:lol: :lol:

If it wasn't you Zimmer it would have been someone else
Deftones!
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:21 pm
SATAN
UGH! I guess I was supposed to know that. lol
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Released: July 8, 2019
@ 2019 Volcano Records

Very interesting.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

I really hope 72826 gets a CD release!
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Kittaan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:52 pm Released: July 8, 2019
@ 2019 Volcano Records

Very interesting.
I wonder if it's just a test album for streaming? Music quality?
brianlikesmovies

PulsedHalo wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:02 pm
@ 2019 Volcano Records

Very interesting.
See, this is what I was thinking. Just a sort of test.
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

brianlikesmovies wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:29 pm
PulsedHalo wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:02 pm
@ 2019 Volcano Records

Very interesting.
See, this is what I was thinking. Just a sort of test.
It has to be, otherwise they can't go on.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Very cool thanks for the heads up fellas just bought it on ITunes. As noted above interested that they put this EP up as the first Tool digital release.

Pulsed mentioned a test which is possible but seems more likely Tool is going to drip feed their back catalogue. Also makes me wonder if we might see some kind of alternate Opiate release with the redone Opiate or a remaster of some kind with a vid for Opiate.

Regardless it is a nice surprise and something those of us digital fans have been looking forward to. Hopefully we see the rest of the catalogue go up over the coming weeks. Maybe they will release one album a week leading up to the new album. Would be an interesting approach and easy way to generate more hype for the new album.
The most intelligent person on this forum
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

See Tool and/or management!! Are you reading this? I already have that album on my external hard drive(can’t get it on my new iPhone, long story, but hard drive was first formatted from a Mac laptop and can’t figure out how to format it to my gf’s PC laptop) and just gave you $6 for something I already own. I don’t have any Tool my new iPhone and so I am ready and willing to buy all your albums on iTunes, even though I own them all on CD, just so I don’t have to rip them on the laptop. Take my money again
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

the chill wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:30 pm See Tool and/or management!! Are you reading this? I already have that album on my external hard drive(can’t get it on my new iPhone, long story, but hard drive was first formatted from a Mac laptop and can’t figure out how to format it to my gf’s PC laptop) and just gave you $6 for something I already own. I don’t have any Tool my new iPhone and so I am ready and willing to buy all your albums on iTunes, even though I own them all on CD, just so I don’t have to rip them on the laptop. Take my money again
lol you are a positive dude chill. I am with you though I obviously have the albums when I converted to digital but having them on IPAD/Iphone etc is something I was looking forward to. I could have always transferred them into ITunes library but never could be bothered with it, particularly with how annoyed I have been with Tool during the last 7 or 8 years. Regardless not going to harp on anything negative right now. This EP on ITunes is all positive.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

mattw wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:03 am I remember being a little anxious back in September/October 2010 when TOOL announced they were playing the Big Day Out festival here in Australia in January 2011. At the time, there wasn't much info about side shows even though a LOT of fans were obviously keen to attend if they were going to be announced. We were worried they might not do side shows at all because there was no info or updates whatsoever...

...and then in mid-October the band announced side shows in Brisbane and Melbourne, tickets went on sale with very little promotion, both shows sold out straight away and look at the fucking epic show we got in Brisbane a few months later:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/201 ... 2d7c9.html

My point is that all the worry or anxiety about whether or not announcements/info was coming was all for nothing. TOOL announced these shows late and didn't really promote them (they didn't need to) but sold out both and then put on one of the best gigs I've ever seen them play. They just delivered. They took a similar low key approach when they toured here again in 2013.

I don't think they are too fussed about all of the hype... keeps an element of mystery about the band... kinda cool... and I think they will deliver in a big way come August 30th. Songs, artwork, tour dates etc. Everything.

P.S. Seeing You Lied with Justin doing some vocals was fucking cool :)
Great show! They had to redeem themselves. Did you see them at BDO gold coast the night before? They sucked.

Orion by Metallica is the direct reason I started playing bass and has always been my favourite song Along with Lateralus. Seeing them combine my two favourite songs into one was also pretty killer.
Listen to All Them Witches