Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by ziggy23 »

WTF is this?
10K pillows, now Lateralus pillows? Are you serious?
Ok, where's the cow-licking-her-own-ass pillow from Undertow era?
New merch, after the new merch, after the new merch, etc.

Glad, my Lateralus t-shirt is still alive and breathing after 19 years

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

sweet shirt
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

ziggy23 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:45 pm WTF is this?
10K pillows, now Lateralus pillows? Are you serious?
Ok, where's the cow-licking-her-own-ass pillow from Undertow era?
New merch, after the new merch, after the new merch, etc.

Glad, my Lateralus t-shirt is still alive and breathing after 19 years

I find it funny when people are surprised by these merch releases. Its Tool. Do you honestly expect them to release new music? Vinyl? Anniversary editions? They awkwardly released an Opiate Reissue at 21 years. Skipped Undertow, skipped Lateralus, Likely will skip 10000 days when its ~20 year comes up. They still haven't released 10000 Days vinyl, and released nothing in support of their long awaited FI album. In the last 15 years they released an Opiate reissue and Fear Inoculum. Maybe the vicarious video was in there somewhere. But basically that's it. No The Pot video, and no Fear Inoculum videos.

While i do find it surprising they wouldn't want to capitalize on the success and anticipation of Fear Inoculum immediately, i am reminded that its Tool. And of course they wont.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

They certainly have their own doctrines.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Zimmy, I wasn’t surprised, but a girl can hope.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:06 am
I find it funny when people are surprised by these merch releases. Its Tool. Do you honestly expect them to release new music? Vinyl? Anniversary editions? They awkwardly released an Opiate Reissue at 21 years. Skipped Undertow, skipped Lateralus, Likely will skip 10000 days when its ~20 year comes up. They still haven't released 10000 Days vinyl, and released nothing in support of their long awaited FI album. In the last 15 years they released an Opiate reissue and Fear Inoculum. Maybe the vicarious video was in there somewhere. But basically that's it. No The Pot video, and no Fear Inoculum videos.

While i do find it surprising they wouldn't want to capitalize on the success and anticipation of Fear Inoculum immediately, i am reminded that its Tool. And of course they wont.
You remember the prize of the first (*so called) "limited edition"...and the - "oh suprise, we got even *more limited editions now" - and the prize
for the "book edition" or whatever it is?

But yeah, I wonder why they didn't try to make even more money out of it.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Spoonman wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:00 am

You remember the prize of the first (*so called) "limited edition"...and the - "oh suprise, we got even *more limited editions now" - and the prize
for the "book edition" or whatever it is?

But yeah, I wonder why they didn't try to make even more money out of it.
Yea exactly. What was up with those Willy Wonka style golden tickets inside 5-6 Opiate reissues? Did anything ever come of that?
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

The tickets are part of the curveball-mystery.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The sad thing is I don't think actually anyone is suprised. Just disappointed.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I wish I got a 10,000 days mask before it sold out.
Canned audience laughter
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

I find it funny when people don't realize that it was just a joke, lol
- You like noisy music?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

ziggy23 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:41 am

ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:50 am
ziggy23 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:41 am

- You like noisy music?
Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

Email from Beyond the Pale...

https://mailchi.mp/beyondthepale/tool-v ... 8b916bff6b

https://beyondthepale.com.au/search?type=product&q=tool

"TOOL Berlin I was hoping not to touch the remaining stash of these, but we're back in lockdown here. I can't see any tours on the horizon, so it's raid the vault....again!"
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Wow, posters.For only 45,-
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I grabbed one of those Berlin posters, need more naked chicks on my wall
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

To balance out the dudes?
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

exactly
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

I think that Berlin one is sold out now...
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

tys0n wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:26 pm To balance out the dudes?
Perfectly balanced
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
novaconda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by novaconda »

I'm sure that Covid causing their tours to get cancelled took some momentum out of their new album and put a kink in the road, but man...for such a successful band with amazing talent, it is so incredibly quiet from the Tool camp. Hellboy, any updates? Anything? Got a scrap of info? Are they still actually living? Junior? Anything? I'm not necessarily complaining, I just really don't get this band that I've listened to since middle school.
The last mile is the one you really need to make.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

They have nothing to say to you at the moment, buy a pillow and shut the fuck up.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

novaconda wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:32 am I'm sure that Covid causing their tours to get cancelled took some momentum out of their new album and put a kink in the road, but man...for such a successful band with amazing talent, it is so incredibly quiet from the Tool camp. Hellboy, any updates? Anything? Got a scrap of info? Are they still actually living? Junior? Anything? I'm not necessarily complaining, I just really don't get this band that I've listened to since middle school.
I'm sure they're all doing fine, with Adam, Maynard and Danny regularly popping up on social media. I'm sure there are things happening, but I doubt there's a new record being secretly made. I'm sure they'll tour in 2022, but they're not the only high profile band playing it safe for now. Hopefully a bit of downtime has meant they can start working on musical ideas for some future release, but there no doubt we'd be years away from that
novaconda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by novaconda »

tys0n wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:36 pm They have nothing to say to you at the moment, buy a pillow and shut the fuck up.
No room for more pillows...I bought this one for Hellboy to balance out all the Tool tour posters with naked chicks.
The last mile is the one you really need to make.
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

But this is official Tool merchandise, right? :lol: