Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
tiresias
Has been

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tiresias »

badkittygothgirl wrote:Most bands allow 3 songs. TOOL only allowed one song. I can't imagine the stress on the photographers.
My buddy was credentialed to shoot the San Diego show. He made the point that it didn't really matter they only had one song to shoot, because the song is so looooooong. Any other band would play three songs during that time. I am sure the band only wants them to shoot the first song so there aren't any stage setup spoilers in the "lamestream media." Tool has always been great about making the state setup more complex as the concert progresses. I also like how they strip down the light setup for older songs as a bit of a throw back to the days before lazer beams.
“Casual Fan”
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

EDIT:

https://www.facebook.com/ToolMusic/

Danny flossing to The Grudge!!! looks like it was shot by Neil Armstrong on the moon lol
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Living the dream:

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I really REALLY hope that's his only job.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It was probably Maynard
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I didn't even think of that, it would be even better if it was.
Hey! Denty!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Yeah, vaccum cleaner man was a funny sight. He did that after Primus/before Tool first night in SD and just remember thinking "WTF!?". Not sure why it was done in between bands- the carpet stayed there for Tool. Someone's paranoid I assume.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

^haha vacuum cleaning guy was there second night san diego as well. Forgot about that! Yes between primus and tool stage break down/set up. distinctly remember seeing him because my buddy and I said the same, what a job and what the hell needed to be vacuumed up?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Newsletter is up. Not much in it other than vague maybe this and vague maybe that (but no reading too much into that!). Also linked to a shitty article on that even shittier cos website.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Interesting post from Reddit about the VIP Q&A
:
Adam talked a lot about the process they were going through on the new album. No one asked about the progress, so I can't tell you what the status of that was.
What I did find very telling, however, was him talking about the progress they've made on producing the two music videos. It came out of him talking about using CGI vs stop motion work in Hollywood and his time as a visual effects artist. This made me believe they are very far along in their work on the album.
and also:
He said two music videos that they were on the hook from the record company for, complained they only get an advance on the video and would likely lose money as it would be all over Youtube and Vimeo and not get traditional revenue, and talked about different options for making money back.
Not sure I get the connection between the videos and the album being very far along, but interesting to read anyway...
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I guess if they were music videos for new songs then the songs would have to be pretty decently formed for him to be able to start putting visuals together. There's nothing to say that these are for new songs though.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I think the visual concepts come first, and then they are matched somewhat to the theme of the songs. Most likely the videos are Opiate, and something that will be used for a new song.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote: Not sure I get the connection between the videos and the album being very far along, but interesting to read anyway...

Yeah, I was putting two and two together there and coming up with eleven.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

The other video is probably The Pot.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote: and also:
He said two music videos that they were on the hook from the record company for, complained they only get an advance on the video and would likely lose money as it would be all over Youtube and Vimeo and not get traditional revenue, and talked about different options for making money back.
Not sure I get the connection between the videos and the album being very far along, but interesting to read anyway...
When you have to try to restructure your contract in reference to how you are getting paid, due to the fact that youtube wasnt around in any large capacity the last time you released music, it really shows how long this album is taking.

Youtube was founded in 2005, but didnt take off until 2006. They havent released music in this new era of 'VEVO/youtube/get paid for ads' ... TBH if i was the record company i would want Tools music to get to as many people as possible, but part of me wouldnt feel bad for them. Tough luck guys, the times they are a changing, and your band is not.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

A banana and a penguin catch May Jay's eye:

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

From Juniors Facebook page:

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:A banana and a penguin catch May Jay's eye:

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Classic Maynard - I liked it!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I thought it was pretty neat as well.
Hey! Denty!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

So, they use a Hoover. Looks like a thing of beauty.

Wonder if the cord is self-retracting of if Vacuum Man has to wind it up himself.
I like to poop naked.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

wonder if something is happening in the Mojave desert? buddy of mine sent this to me today. I had seen this same sign years ago in another desolate desert area that is used largely for movies, commercials, music videos ect. (lenny kravitz american woman, Chili peppers californication, NIN starfu*kers, zombies devil rejects to name a few) was one of my shortcut routes traveling back home. Vicarious DVD came out not too long after....probably nothing but who knows?

Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

Does the band pack and carry their own couches to each show?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

azbay wrote:wonder if something is happening in the Mojave desert? buddy of mine sent this to me today. I had seen this same sign years ago in another desolate desert area that is used largely for movies, commercials, music videos ect. (lenny kravitz american woman, Chili peppers californication, NIN starfu*kers, zombies devil rejects to name a few) was one of my shortcut routes traveling back home. Vicarious DVD came out not too long after....probably nothing but who knows?

When was the photo taken? I wouldn't have thought much would be happening while the tour is on.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

markuspoop wrote:So, they use a Hoover. Looks like a thing of beauty.

Wonder if the cord is self-retracting of if Vacuum Man has to wind it up himself.
I can't remember the last time I was a non-self-retracting vacuum cleaner. Also, it looked to me like it was some kind of wireless model.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

^this morning, near an airport....but yes was thinking it's probably nothing as the guys are still touring and far from California at that