Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: I think he's referring to all the headlines saying "New A Perfect Circle album in 2017," Billy has only said that they would have new material out this year, but if you read his comments it seems he's implying an EP or singles as opposed to a whole album.
My thought is that unless an APC album is in the bag, it won't be released this year. My expectation now is that there definitely is an album coming though, and I think Maynard it just taking issue with the semantics and people claiming it'll be this year.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Billy is big on talking things up. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a single or EP though.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy wrote:Billy is big on talking things up. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a single or EP though.
Reading back over his quote, it's actually kind of interesting.
"We're not promising anything, but I have every intention of doing my best to have us playing some new tracks during this run — with the idea that new music is coming very soon after."
New tracks vs New Music does make it seem like they have some stuff that's already done or near completion. Though I guess if they had stuff done, he wouldn't be hedging his bets on whether or not they'd be playing new material. Although I guess there could be other reasons they don't do it.
Don't mow your lawn
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Well again Danny is full of shit because pretty soon is not fucking possible with a confirmed APC album coming in 2017...and even if the Maynard tweet meant 2017 was off...that would mean 2018...and there is no fucking way Tool and APC release in the same year so you do the math. Tool album is a long way off if it even happens at all.

The old me wants to rip into Tool but this is what I have come to expect so its pointless wasting the energy. And honestly at first when new APC was announced I was interested...now it is just another reminder that new Tool "pretty soon" and "in the oven" translates to 2019? :roll:

Thats what I get for being cautiously optimistic. Oh well
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:Well again Danny is full of shit because pretty soon is not fucking possible with a confirmed APC album coming in 2017...and even if the Maynard tweet meant 2017 was off...that would mean 2018...and there is no fucking way Tool and APC release in the same year so you do the math. Tool album is a long way off if it even happens at all.

The old me wants to rip into Tool but this is what I have come to expect so its pointless wasting the energy. And honestly at first when new APC was announced I was interested...now it is just another reminder that new Tool "pretty soon" and "in the oven" translates to 2019? :roll:

I feel like you're the only one here that took Danny's "pretty soon" statement seriously
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote:Well again Danny is full of shit because pretty soon is not fucking possible with a confirmed APC album coming in 2017...and even if the Maynard tweet meant 2017 was off...that would mean 2018...and there is no fucking way Tool and APC release in the same year so you do the math. Tool album is a long way off if it even happens at all.

I feel like you're the only one here that took Danny's "pretty soon" statement seriously
Past statements no...but recently when he was on the Late Late Show with Seth Meyers...album.."pretty soon".....

Recently when he played with that Genesis cover band...again..."pretty soon"....

Keep in mind I mentioned cautious optimism. Of which I no longer have any.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

20 April, 2008 (09:04pm) - RELAX

Good things are coming... Be patient... Don't speculate... Good things are coming... Just relax...

15 August, 2008 (01:08pm) - "THAT LIKE A WOUNDED SNAKE, DRAGS ITS SLOW LENGTH ALONG"

Remember my news post back on April 20th? The one with the photo of a tranquil Caribbean sunset and thatched shade palapa awaiting those relaxing souls (with or without a Corona)? Of course you do. Well, as I said back then: Good things are coming... Be patient... Don't speculate or over analyze. Don't search the message boards for rumors or look for this on anyone's Myspace page... Just know that good things are coming (albeit under easy sail)... So, to reiterate,... just relax...

For fucks sake, I don't think I can get more relaxed than I already am. We're all going to be like Rip Van Winkle when this new album/whatever drops.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Insert
Maynard Believer

Post by Insert »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
hellboy wrote:

Past statements no...but recently when he was on the Late Late Show with Seth Meyers...album.."pretty soon".....

Recently when he played with that Genesis cover band...again..."pretty soon"....

What would you have expected his answer to be in that context if they were 40% through the writing phase and had made some good progress recently?

"Pretty soon" is like, as vague and noncommittal as you can be without saying outright that you have no way of knowing whether it will take 1 year or 3.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Or a bakers dozen.

Arguing about this shit is just so pointless.

Carry on.
Ki77aan :twisted:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

lol, what if the reason the album was taking so long is because they're trying to nail down the seques? Like they wrote all the main songs like 8 years ago, they just haven't been able to get the seques quite right?
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
My only expectation in regards to the Tool album is that one day they will announced it. Anything prior to the announcement is just noise that I will for the most part disregard.
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

Man, I miss the old days. Remember when we used to look forward to what will be on toolband.com on April Fools day?
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

So they finally released that Opiate video:

Don't mow your lawn
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Amazing Clickbait, lolz

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

lachrymologist wrote:Amazing Clickbait, lolz

But at least he tried...

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tool totally stole my April Fools joke from last year:

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I must admit that I'd be super curious to hear Hagar sing Third Eye... or Ticks and Leeches
Hey! Denty!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Looks like a new photo, correct?...

Pretty damn cool IMO.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Hold up, I might be crazy but:
Sammy Hagar
Van Halen
Tool
Tool Halen
Tool Alen
Tim Allen
Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor
Home Improvement

This is important somehow, but I forgot why.
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I've had the "Tim the Tool man" thought many times over the years as well
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Krazy_blah wrote:Looks like a new photo, correct?...

Pretty damn cool IMO.
Yeah, seems pretty recent. I assume Sammy was visiting Maynard's store/restaurant/thingy in Jerome
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

This is awesome!
nousername
of Arimathea

Post by nousername »

SAP Center in San Jose on June 21st! Super stoked, great way to spend the first day of summer. It is indoors, but that is the better way to see Tool anyway.
unclejackson
My pain is just an excuse

Post by unclejackson »

Of the Tool cover/tribute bands, which ones do the best job (or, at least, are better than the others)? There's one scheduled to play where I live, and it made me wonder if there's any particular band that's more respected. A quick Google search picked up on three cover bands, though I imagine there may be more.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

I don't mean to be an asshole but I would say no cover band is good and not worth seeing. I don't mind cover bands of groups that no longer tour but when you can see the real thing it's just a goofy version of the real band. I have seen a good Led Zeppelin cover band but that's because I will never see them live and I felt that they did a ok job. The Tool cover bands that I have seen on YouTube make me cringe. The vocals are just never good and it takes me out of it.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

It would depend on the kind of show they put on, because Tool has a pretty unique live show that would hard to replicate on a budget.
Don't mow your lawn