Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Spoonman
Geacon

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Spoonman »

bob wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:52 am
hellboy wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:30 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:47 pm What baffles me is these criminals that do this. What is someone going to do with 13 of these? Do these stupid ass thieves think they can sell these on Ebay or Reverb without getting caught?
Given how much they are, I suspect there will be plenty of Tool fans willing to buy them no questions asked.
yep, and honestly how much they were in the first place, i can kinda see why something like this happens. Not that i would ever do such a thing, No! but still. Kinda reminds me of when Geddy Lee had bass's made. One of the first things he said was he didnt want them all super fancy. He wanted them to be affordable for people. We know how Tool (or in this case,Adam) plays the game with stuff at times. Im not surprised, thats all im saying.
Well said.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:52 am Kinda reminds me of when Geddy Lee had bass's made. One of the first things he said was he didnt want them all super fancy. He wanted them to be affordable for people. We know how Tool (or in this case,Adam) play the game with stuff at times. Im not surprised, thats all im saying.
Fair point.

Also, I think Geddy probably wanted his bass to be something people would use as a "daily player", and my guess is that this AJ model is meant more as a collectible. Whenever Gibson does a VOS ("Vintage Original Spec") model it's never what could be called affordable. Some of the Artist models are in a reasonable price range, though. Especially the Epiphone variants.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Yep, it's pretty clear these were never meant to be affordable, which if fine with me. I'll be keep to look at getting a cheaper model, if/when that ever happens
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Bring on the Tool pinball table.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

junior wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:24 am
bob wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:52 am Kinda reminds me of when Geddy Lee had bass's made. One of the first things he said was he didnt want them all super fancy. He wanted them to be affordable for people. We know how Tool (or in this case,Adam) play the game with stuff at times. Im not surprised, thats all im saying.
Fair point.

Also, I think Geddy probably wanted his bass to be something people would use as a "daily player", and my guess is that this AJ model is meant more as a collectible. Whenever Gibson does a VOS ("Vintage Original Spec") model it's never what could be called affordable. Some of the Artist models are in a reasonable price range, though. Especially the Epiphone variants.
I realize i always mention Rush it seems but its not on purpose..it just happens! almost seems like an ongoing thing or something. baah, I hear ya though, i guess its just diff ways of doing things. It is ,what it is as they say or something.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:53 pm Bring on the Tool pinball table.
that would be kinda cool! Ever play ''The Twilight Zone'' pinball machine from around 93 ? that was freakin awesome! I'd love to come across that if any exist still but im sure they do,,, somewhere.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

Okay, so my friends at FOURTHEYE. if the Adam Jones NON signed guitar is or was selling at 6999, This price is not unreasonable. If you do any research, a regular black beauty or a white Gibson Les Paul Custom is listed at 4699.00. You can see that at Sweetwater or Rainbow guitars. All I am saying is if Adam's was really selling for 6999., it's not a lot more than a regular Gibson Les Paul Custom. These are expensive guitars no matter what. Now that Gibson Custom is able to use Ebony fretboards again, I am really wanting to buy another Les Paul custom.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

bob wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:26 pm
that would be kinda cool! Ever play ''The Twilight Zone'' pinball machine from around 93 ? that was freakin awesome! I'd love to come across that if any exist still but im sure they do,,, somewhere.
Of course I've played The Twilight Zone and it should be in any arcade worth it's salt. My favourite was Judge Dredd or Dr Who pinball.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:55 pm
Of course I've played The Twilight Zone and it should be in any arcade worth it's salt. My favourite was Judge Dredd or Dr Who pinball.
cool! i havent seen pinball machines in a long time really. im sure some are in the odd spots but its not like the old days were you'd see them around more. Not around here anyway. I played pinball on the atari flashback v 9 though. picked that up last Jan or so. it has an SD cardslot so i can add as many roms as i want. i gotta play that agian, havent in months but its sitting right here! hehe
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Most bowling alleys will have a few and some chain smoking fat chicks, hubba hubba.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:28 am Most bowling alleys will have a few and some chain smoking fat chicks, hubba hubba.
bahah. you can smoke in bowling allys in Australia ? you guys are bad ass.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Here you go bob. About the same price as one of those guitars.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... e+twilight
Professor of Lesbian Science
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

basejumper wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:24 am
Here you go bob. About the same price as one of those guitars.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... e+twilight
niiice! good find though, i guess i have to find a handheld mini version or something. baah!
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Should we expect to finally receive the Tool christmas album this year?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

And what, bring on another pandemic?
Canned audience laughter
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

You don't think "Santa Baby" or "Jingle Bells" by Tool had healing powers?
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

What possibly could go wrong?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Unsure if this was posted already, i didnt look. But its pretty cool to see it up close, and the dude shreds some Tool riffs for most of the video too
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:19 am Unsure if this was posted already, i didnt look. But its pretty cool to see it up close, and the dude shreds some Tool riffs for most of the video too
Love it! Best one yet. Glad to see it ended up with this guy.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Excellent talk with Justin, and it would be great if Alex was able to interview the other three guys as well...or even Blair! :D

nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

A couple of tour shirts along with a few from the last three shows in March that were cancelled: https://tooltourshop.com/

Interesting to see the artwork used on the shirts. I assume the poster art would have been the same.

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Something happening maybe?

bob
Toast

Post by bob »

thats weird. its dated Oct 13th 2020. no internet trolls etc,etc found this till now ? sounds compelling either way. nice find!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Can't talk about it publicity but does exactly that, way to be a professional.
Canned audience laughter