Opiate 21st Anniversary Artwork question(s.)

The Main Event
dough
Maynard Believer

Post by dough »

Hello everyone, I just discovered this forum tonight as I was searching for information about the newly (re)released Opiate EP.  I just got my copy in the mail today and I absolutely love all the artwork.  I was curious to know if anyone has more information about the symbols used.  I know they're likely occult \ esoteric symbols, but I was just wondering if there was any meaning to any of it?  You don't have to spell anything out for me.  I adore information, so any links to other sites or books I should look into would be much appreciated.  
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

I think its just the imagination of a couple of comic book writers to make you over think / over analyze.  

Welcome to the forum!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

I'd like to attempt to steer you in the right direction, if you were to either post pics or links to specific symbols. No promises, but there's no harm in trying.

And welcome. I'm an asshole.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Boy, that's a big door to walk through (deciphering those symbols). I'm sure some of us can guide you towards certain things, but there's rarely one "answer" to any of this stuff. I'm sure if you knew the guys well enough they might tell you what some of it means to them specifically.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

But I'm pretty sure some variation of Metatron's Cube is on it, no?
IIToolboxII
Bronco's Fan

Post by IIToolboxII »

Tony Fuckin' Danza said

And welcome. I'm an asshole.

I appreciate the level of honesty we are working on in the forum.