My Tool Top 10

The Main Event
doors
Metalologist

Re: My Tool Top 10

Post by doors »

Whatttttttttttttttt!?! Reflection is what made that album. You're crazy!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Number 7 is Eulogy!
Eulogy is a show case for Maynard’s talents. The singing pushes the boundaries of his vocal cords. I’m yet to hear a good live bootleg where Maynard really nails this – those high notes are just too high to hit consistently. And the lyrics are extremely quotable. Where you look at them as a reference to Bill Hicks, L Ron Hubbard or someone else, it’s easy for many of us to associate with them, and I’m sure for most of us hard to not sing along with!

Musically the track features a drawn out intro, as well as some tasty riffs which complement the catch vocals nicely. A worthy entrant to my top 10 list…
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Three mentions in the thread when I'm not around and an essay from Tyson. Trophy unlocked.

Why do you fucks always break up D/R/T? It is one fucking song. It has always been preformed live as one fucking song. I know most of you TTFers have the attention span of a 6 year old with ADHD but fuck stop cutting corners.

Oh and @Tyson you made a mess of that btw. Your attempt at trying to tie in investor/investee business dynamics with social pliability was poorly done and rather amateur. Don't play at being an intellectual. At best you come off as an overextended idiot suffering from BPD.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not sure that performing the first two, then having an interval and perform Triad really counts as "always been performed live as one fucking song".

In fact I dispute that Triad is really part of the same song at all, except for the fact that Tool say so. It's nothing like the other two.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy wrote:Not sure that performing the first two, then having an interval and perform Triad really counts as "always been performed live as one fucking song".

In fact I dispute that Triad is really part of the same song at all, except for the fact that Tool say so. It's nothing like the other two.
Okayyy let's argue with the guys that WROTE THE FUCKING SONG. Not to mention the fact that Reflection leads right into Triad.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

MOG wrote:
Okayyy let's argue with the guys that WROTE THE FUCKING SONG. Not to mention the fact that Reflection leads right into Triad.
You mean the band you keep claiming lie to us all the time?
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy wrote:
MOG wrote:
You mean the band you keep claiming lie to us all the time?
Implying that TOOL could be lying about D/R/T being one song is a stretch at best. They have said on NUMEROUS occasions that D/R/T is one song. Nothing to lie about there. The three songs function together like orchestral movements.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

MOG wrote:The three songs function together like orchestral movements.
And this discussion point functions like a bowel movement.

Thank you, goodnight!

Edit - Yes, D/R/T is one song. One long, deliciously decadent song. Mmmmmm.
** Why are "Disposition", "Reflection", and "Triad" all linked together on the back cover?
They were originally all conceived as one song, but ultimately broke into three separate tracks. They never had any collective title, however.

- http://toolshed.down.net/faq/faq.html
But you don't need anyone to tell you this. Just look in your heart for the answer.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

The Boss wrote:Your writing is getting much better. Another couple of months, and then try a blog.
Seriously, you can't be serious if you think that Tyson's tirade on Mog wasn't just another Copy/Paste atrocity?!? It's so obvious that he lifted that from another forum (Brony forum, of course). The clues are all there for anyone to see.

Sheesh.
Ki77aan :twisted:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:Not sure that performing the first two, then having an interval and perform Triad really counts as "always been performed live as one fucking song".

That's why I treated it as much.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

hellboy wrote:Saw that on reddit the other day. Â I wouldn't have Vicarious or Parabola on my list, but other than that if it was ok.

If I were to do a top 10 it would be something like:

Aenima

Lateralus

Third Eye

Stinkfist

The Grudge

Pushit

Rosetta Stoned 7. Eulogy

Schism 8. Hooker with a Penis

Flood 9. Jambi

Eulogy 10. Flood
Last edited by markuspoop on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like to poop naked.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy wrote:Number 7 is Eulogy!
Eulogy is a show case for Maynard’s talents. The singing pushes the boundaries of his vocal cords. I’m yet to hear a good live bootleg where Maynard really nails this – those high notes are just too high to hit consistently. And the lyrics are extremely quotable. Where you look at them as a reference to Bill Hicks, L Ron Hubbard or someone else, it’s easy for many of us to associate with them, and I’m sure for most of us hard to not sing along with!

Musically the track features a drawn out intro, as well as some tasty riffs which complement the catch vocals nicely. A worthy entrant to my top 10 list…
I think we need to put together a Tool singalong.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I wish you well
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy wrote:I wish you well
LIAR!
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

still haven't seen them play Eulogy live, one day....one day....
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I have, eat shit.

Nicely of course.

That's one of the main things I remember of seeing Tool the first time, Danny's bass drum at the beginning absolutely shook the SEC.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

did Danny's bass drum make you go cocka-poo-poo in your pants?
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

i asked this question on the front page,
When was the last time Eulogy was played live? searching the setlists quickly i think it might be 10/24/01 Tool at Reunion Arena, Dallas, TX, USA. Anyone know for sure?

anyone?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

brewdog123 wrote:i asked this question on the front page,
When was the last time Eulogy was played live? searching the setlists quickly i think it might be 10/24/01 Tool at Reunion Arena, Dallas, TX, USA. Anyone know for sure?

anyone?
It may have been played on the 02 tour as well. I definitely saw it played on the 01 show I saw. I don't think they've played it post 10k Days.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

anyone?
This was my first ever Tool show! And yes it was awesome.
Hey! Denty!
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

Not Tyson wrote:I have, eat shit.

Nicely of course.

That's one of the main things I remember of seeing Tool the first time, Danny's bass drum at the beginning absolutely shook the SEC.
I missed that show, but was at the show the night after. Small part of me died when I heard they played Eulogy the night prior...
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Busty McCracken wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:I have, eat shit.

Nicely of course.

I missed that show, but was at the show the night after. Small part of me died when I heard they played Eulogy the night prior...
next time I listen to Eulogy I'll dedicate it to the small part of you that died. aaaaand we've come full circle. 8-)
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

You know, lateralus has been my 'magnum opus' for so long now, I feel a bit ashamed.

Aenimas beating its way back in, beginning to believe I am shedding my skin again
also, Avatar!
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

anyone?
10/24/01 is correct. http://distortiononline.com/php/stats.p ... layedSongs
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

Then we are surly do for it

Bust out of epic proportions