New Album Release Date Competiton (longest online comp ever!)

The Main Event
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Re: New Album Release Date Competiton

Post by ms2r »

16th day of the 16th month in 2016.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:Nice.

At this point in time I'm more curious about the possible "Salival II ish" release since it'd be here much sooner than the new album..
My guess:
  • Remastered HD versions of Tool videos.
  • A bunch of live tracks recorded over the years (probably audio only, since they appear to have given up on the video recordings they made).
  • Problem 8 or some other unreleased stuff lying around the place.
  • Collectors edition with a replica character from one of their videos.
my reaction to you mentioning "Problem 8" is similar to my reaction when the guys who work in the mailroom argue about the results of professional wrestling matches.
Last edited by N.Y.H.C. on Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I gots 8 problems, but a bitch ain't one.
Ki77aan :twisted:
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

whattup Kitty!! how are things my internet friend?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
my reaction to you mentioning "Problem 8" is similar to my reaction when the guys who work in the mailroom argue about the results of professional wrestling matches.
What reaction is that? I have no idea what you think of wrestling...
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

I wonder if this (?!?!) Salival II thingy is what Mackie Osbourne was working on when she commented on "Tool stuff" all those months ago.......
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:I wonder if this (?!?!) Salival II thingy is what Mackie Osbourne was working on when she commented on "Tool stuff" all those months ago.......
Most likely. She's worked on much much everything since Lateralus, so I expect she'd also work on any future Tool releases.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:
What reaction is that? I have no idea what you think of wrestling...
the WWE and Problem 8 both have no basis in reality. for all intention purposes they are fake and in my own opinion are figments of an overactive imagination.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

How does that make WWE different from any other tv show?

I'm not convinced Problem 8 is real either, but it wouldn't shock me if it was. I could see Blair thinking, "I'll tell them about this song, even the name, and they won't believe me because I'm me". Either way I think he's played it very well.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

N.Y.H.C. wrote: the WWE and Problem 8 both have no basis in reality. for all intention purposes they are fake and in my own opinion are figments of an overactive imagination.
That fact that Tool have unreleased tracks has no basis in reality? I doubt that very much and have heard quite the opposite from my sources.

Has Blair added a large amount of fiction to the lore surrounding the track? That's most likely, but as to the existence of such a track I don't think that should surprise anyone or be considered figments or peoples imagination.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ravenpig wrote:How does that make WWE different from any other tv show?

I'm not convinced Problem 8 is real either, but it wouldn't shock me if it was. I could see Blair thinking, "I'll tell them about this song, even the name, and they won't believe me because I'm me". Either way I think he's played it very well.
it doesn't make it any different when talking about entertainment, that much is true. but the "sports" part of sports-entertainment is where it swerves and millions of people in the States lump it in with the NBA/MLB which could not be more perverse. correlation being that 10,000 Days is an actual album, Rosetta Stoned is a song, that has been recorded and exists, I could play it for you, you could listen to it right now. "Problem 8" is not a song that fits into that category, because the fucking thing is made up lol.

then HB putting it as a bullet point lumped in with live recordings and DVD material is like putting Big Foot in a National Geographic documentary about primates.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:"Problem 8" is not a song that fits into that category, because the fucking thing is made up lol.
I don't see how you can be so sure. That is my only issue with your posts.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Nothing is certain. Keep an open mind
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

At the Arizona VIP Q&A someone asked Jones about problem 8 which he gave a perplexed looked saying "what is that?, I don't know what he [Blair] is referencing too? yeah I don't know what that is" not verbatim but I'm sure pretty close. Then he went on talking about BMB for a little bit. take it as you will :?
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:"Problem 8" is not a song that fits into that category, because the fucking thing is made up lol.
I don't see how you can be so sure. That is my only issue with your posts.
gotta have faith?
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

azbay wrote:At the Arizona VIP Q&A someone asked Jones about problem 8 which he gave a perplexed looked saying "what is that?, I don't know what he [Blair] is referencing too? yeah I don't know what that is" not verbatim but I'm sure pretty close. Then he went on talking about BMB for a little bit. take it as you will :?
I kinda remember 'problem 8' being fairly prominent in a pic of a whiteboard at the loft a while ago.

So much quackery the past 12....24+ months - Problem 8, curveball, Bethlehem abortion clinic stuff, Spartley, golden tix prize(s), The Pot video, Mackey Osbourne contributing to something. More.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

inequitude wrote:
azbay wrote:At the Arizona VIP Q&A someone asked Jones about problem 8 which he gave a perplexed looked saying "what is that?, I don't know what he [Blair] is referencing too? yeah I don't know what that is" not verbatim but I'm sure pretty close. Then he went on talking about BMB for a little bit. take it as you will :?
I kinda remember 'problem 8' being fairly prominent in a pic of a whiteboard at the loft a while ago.

So much quackery the past 12....24+ months - Problem 8, curveball, Bethlehem abortion clinic stuff, Spartley, golden tix prize(s), The Pot video, Mackey Osbourne contributing to something. More.
You forget the suing and countersuing, kinda funny when Adam loves pigs.

Suuuuuuuuie!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I don't know what you're talking about I've never even met him
Hey! Denty!
sudnshok
Bronco's Fan

Post by sudnshok »

BlackHole83 wrote:Being an optimist, recording in 2014 is still possible
I get the feeling they are still months away from having the music done and Maynard has not even started the lyrics yet (certainly not his fault). It's not as though there is much positive information being posted to their site. Then they will still need to jam together with Maynard to work out the songs with the vocals before hitting the studio. I'd be shocked if they get into the studio before next summer. I'd say no chance this album comes out before 2016. I just wish they'd release something to hold us over until then... like a live CD/DVD... anything.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

sudnshok wrote:
I get the feeling they are still months away from having the music done and Maynard has not even started the lyrics yet (certainly not his fault). It's not as though there is much positive information being posted to their site. Then they will still need to jam together with Maynard to work out the songs with the vocals before hitting the studio. I'd be shocked if they get into the studio before next summer. I'd say no chance this album comes out before 2016. I just wish they'd release something to hold us over until then... like a live CD/DVD... anything.

I am quite negative about this whole shermozzle, however even in the very deep, dark depths of my own brooding negativity, I still firmly believe there is MORE than enough time for a late 2015 release. Unlike others here, I don't think they'll hit the studio before Christmas this year. Maybe.....March? And they have stated that one song is "done" and another "pretty much there" and that the "backbone of the entire album is mapped out". So I think it's just a question of filling in the blanks. Maynard has definitely worked on lyrics. Even whatsisface from APC said that Maynard wasn't to be disturbed as he was in "full Tool mode" some time ago. The live/rare/whatever/The Pot dvd release has been hinted at far too many times to not be true. I'd expect that one maybe April next year. Possibly even an Undertow reissue as well.

Anyway, don't worry about it. Godflesh are about to release a new album next month and Aphex Twin next week. So....everything else is redundant.

Isn't it?
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

sudnshok wrote:
album is dropping 2nd quarter Spring 2015, that's what my chicken bones have told me.
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Do you suppose Justin's mystic state of prolificacy 'on the new album' has waned somewhat since Danny declared it in March......2012?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
sudnshok wrote:
album is dropping 2nd quarter Spring 2015, that's what my chicken bones have told me.
Other than math, this is the most exact science.
Hey! Denty!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

There you go.

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

FYI: 3/25/15 is a Wednesday...