TOOL - Cumbre Tajín Mexico 2014

The Main Event
BellJH
Fanboi

Re: TOOL - Cumbre Tajín Mexico 2014

Post by BellJH »

I don't know how much Blair really knows about the status of their writing, but it sounds like Maynard may well have finished lyrics to that recording they gave him in august, and now he is tackling lyrics for the one last epic song they have just finished and sent him? If so that is great work by Maynard, let's just hope his rapid gut-feeling approach pays off and hasn't sacrificed quality.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

three November newsletters in a row and they're all the same lol. mini tour in the works, no studio time in the foreseeable future, everyone is on a break from their time off. and Blair would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids and the damned dog! the news in this newsletter refers to last months information? that's pretty lame.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

I don't like Mexico.
SteveBobSteve
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

snazzlefrass wrote:I don't like Mexico.
that's racist reported to NSA.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Ettan wrote:
Then logically, you're a rat?
*shoots you in your head, three times, close range? Walks out, not looking at anyone and, in an old time gangster-style but not overly-done, drops gun on way out?*
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

ilikecheese wrote:
Ettan wrote:
Then logically, you're a rat?
*shoots you in your head, three times, close range? Walks out, not looking at anyone and, in an old time gangster-style but not overly-done, drops gun on way out?*
Fair enough.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

anyone else fuck their old ladies to Tool?
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Not any more. But before I jumped off the Tool-bandwagon and went full Mog on the group the only way I used to be able to climax was while Hooker w/ a Penis was playing.
I like to poop naked.
thirdeye42012
Bronco's Fan

Post by thirdeye42012 »

Any chance of getting a thread devoted to people who are actually going? To make plans and meet ups etc?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

thirdeye42012 wrote:Any chance of getting a thread devoted to people who are actually going? To make plans and meet ups etc?
That will happen as it gets closer. Hellboy will create it, he just hasn't gotten around to it yet.
Ki77aan :twisted:
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

thirdeye42012 wrote:Any chance of getting a thread devoted to people who are actually going? To make plans and meet ups etc?
Uh just make one. New topic button works like a charm.

As for the newsletter it should be painfully clear to all of you that they are not close to hitting the studio. Not even sniffing at it. And now another "break". These motherfuckers take more "breaks" than any band I have ever seen. Most bands announce they are writing a new record and then bust their ass on it and get it written in 8-10 months. Another couple of months for recording and mastering. Another three to four months album get's released. From inception to release 18 months max. Fuck Tool is pathetic. Fishing outings and bi-weekly trips to Hawaii. Piss poor work ethic.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

We'll it seems to me they're taking their time, perhaps for lack of creativity, new inspiration, or dabbling into broadening the album altogether. Or all three. Also, I believe there are at least 2/3 'tool projects' being worked on right now. Regardless, 2014 will see plenty of tool goodies. Guarantee it ;)
also, Avatar!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

trilobite wrote:We'll it seems to me they're taking their time, perhaps for lack of creativity, new inspiration, or dabbling into broadening the album altogether. Or all three. Also, I believe there are at least 2/3 'tool projects' being worked on right now. Regardless, 2014 will see plenty of tool goodies. Guarantee it ;)
Errrrr...yeah okayyyyyy....An old video for The Pot? A Tool movie? A website update????...bwhahahahahahahaha!

sorry back on topic.......

uhhhhh....an Undertow re-release???....touring in Mexico...oh...check that one off....

All of which is a bunch of meh

Tool is a joke band at this point. Nothing but cash grabs and old material. 8-9 years between albums is absurd. It is borderline joke level for a band that is supposed to be as high caliber and ground breaking as you Toolios make em out to be.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

MOG wrote:

As for the newsletter it should be painfully clear to all of you that they are not close to hitting the studio. Not even sniffing at it. And now another "break". These motherfuckers take more "breaks" than any band I have ever seen. Most bands announce they are writing a new record and then bust their ass on it and get it written in 8-10 months. Another couple of months for recording and mastering. Another three to four months album get's released. From inception to release 18 months max. Fuck Tool is pathetic. Fishing outings and bi-weekly trips to Hawaii. Piss poor work ethic.
What about the FIVE YEAR gap between Aenima and Lateralus?

They exceeded the 18 month limit, but isn't Lateralus their "best album"?
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

They're just waiting for ISON to pass guys, calm down.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

children wrote:
MOG wrote:

What about the FIVE YEAR gap between Aenima and Lateralus?

They exceeded the 18 month limit, but isn't Lateralus their "best album"?
That Five year Gap was a joke. All of their bullshit delays have been absurd. However, at least up until recently they have been consistent. No way you get a new Tool album in 2014. Which means 2015 and 9 years between albums. Your favorite band is pathetic.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

There's really only one person here hung up on the gap between albums. Time to move on.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

To be fair, a large gap really isn't that much fun.
Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:There's really only one person here hung up on the gap between albums. Time to move on.
it is slightly disappointing though. no?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
hellboy wrote:There's really only one person here hung up on the gap between albums. Time to move on.
it is slightly disappointing though. no?
I find it hard to be disappointed about something that hasn't happened. On top of that Tool have toured here a bunch of times, so personally this gap has been much less painful than the 10k Days one.

If the album turns out to be crap, then maybe I'll have something to say in regards to disappointed. As excited as I am with the prospect of new Tool material, until there's some kind of solid announcement as to when an album will be recorded/released, I won't be getting too excited.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

MOG wrote:
trilobite wrote:We'll it seems to me they're taking their time, perhaps for lack of creativity, new inspiration, or dabbling into broadening the album altogether. Or all three. Also, I believe there are at least 2/3 'tool projects' being worked on right now. Regardless, 2014 will see plenty of tool goodies. Guarantee it ;)
Errrrr...yeah okayyyyyy....An old video for The Pot? A Tool movie? A website update????...bwhahahahahahahaha!

sorry back on topic.......

uhhhhh....an Undertow re-release???....touring in Mexico...oh...check that one off....

All of which is a bunch of meh

Tool is a joke band at this point. Nothing but cash grabs and old material. 8-9 years between albums is absurd. It is borderline joke level for a band that is supposed to be as high caliber and ground breaking as you Toolios make em out to be.
Yeah, a 'new video' & site update probably coming first. As for the 'Change-Up', that doesn't sound anything like an Undertow reissue, unless it's actually a decent one with demos &/or live cuts. Which would be nice, as long as it's not overpriced for 'sigs' n stickers.

But I honestly believe there is some form of multimedia project in the works- perhaps not a live DVD purely, but some form of Salival type release. As well as the Pot video/ DVD single, & something else off the beaten track, as far as usual releases go. And I believe the writing is nearly complete, except for maybe the vocals. I think there will be much arranging/ vocal & lyric reworkings to being songs near completion, then it's studio time. I believe MJK to be working out the majority of his contribution while finishing up the harvest in AZ.

Arrangements/ finalizing over the holidays/ early 2014. Jamming, then entering studio march/April 2014, then recording/ mastering over the summer.

Finalization & early 'test-run' tours early fall/ winter 2014, coinciding with the new release, & new single next winter. & finally, new evolution of their first outing of the new albums tour first thing 2015, with nearly the entire year devoted to cross-country US touring, followed by EU, AUS & various other sporadic world- wide shows. Leading into a second-leg NA, early 2015 run, then hiatus.

With a few singles/ video or two releases mixed in.
also, Avatar!
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Of course the long gaps between albums are not fun. Who ever said they enjoy waiting all these years for new music?

Nobody is happy about it, but a person should not be so up in arms over the fact that a group of musicians like to take their time with their music.

If Mog TRULY did not care about TOOL, then he would have stopped posting on their fucking fan site years ago. It's becoming more and more apparent that Mog cares more than any of us here.

Who are you kidding, Mog? Other than yourself...
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

This thread no longer serves any meaningful purpose, so I'm shutting it.