New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

The Main Event
jackob2545
My pain is just an excuse

Re: New Album Touring

Post by jackob2545 »

Any have an experience with AXS this morning? I'm on the west coast and gearing up to get tickets for night one at Staples. They offer "AXS Premium" or "Standard" not sure the difference? Have read good things about them as a ticketing outfit so fingers crossed.
Matthewc25

Post by Matthewc25 »

I’m waiting on the axs as well. I pray I get something decent. Staple’s center is fucking huge.
7oolband

Post by 7oolband »

rshforgothispw wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:32 am
7oolband wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:30 am dead center seats for me me. section right behind GA. could be worse i could be going to a Nickleback concert.
Sounds like prime seats to me pal where you going?
Houston!
Also scored some for San Antonio the night before!

Just like back in '14 when i went to Austin before the Houston one. Third Eye was the opener and Intension was stonerville...good times...
:?: i was right, this changes everything|devil&his had me down|this tedious path i've chosen here|what's coming through is alive|slipping back into the gap again|rRrreal fuckin high on drugs|spark becomes a flame|mention anything to me :!:
jackob2545

Post by jackob2545 »

Matthewc25 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:01 am I’m waiting on the axs as well. I pray I get something decent. Staple’s center is fucking huge.
Any advice? Wife and I are coming down from Portland and have never been to Staples. I was shooting for anything from 101 to 111 for a good view (Wife is shorter and floor can be no go for her). not sure if that distance from the stage will be to far?

Good luck!
Matthewc25

Post by Matthewc25 »

jackob2545 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:19 am
Matthewc25 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:01 am I’m waiting on the axs as well. I pray I get something decent. Staple’s center is fucking huge.
Any advice? Wife and I are coming down from Portland and have never been to Staples. I was shooting for anything from 101 to 111 for a good view (Wife is shorter and floor can be no go for her). not sure if that distance from the stage will be to far?

Good luck!
We’ll definitely get there early to find good parking or Uber. I’m looking for tickets around the same area also. I was thinking 111-119. Those will be good areas. The only
Bad seats are up I’m the nosebleeds. But honestly they aren’t terrible. Just high
St. Troy

Post by St. Troy »

I wish Ticketmaster would let you see the general price tiers before going on sale; by the time they're on sale, sure, you can see the prices, but at that moment you're in a panic trying to nail something down. (Also, since I'm not a man, I'd like to be able to tell my wife I bought the cheapest ticket they had, but I can't be sure because I couldn't get back in after the purchase.)
I ain't no pervert; I was just born curious.

I'm your friendly neighborhood peeping Tom.
Matthewc25

Post by Matthewc25 »

St. Troy wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:29 am I wish Ticketmaster would let you see the general price tiers before going on sale; by the time they're on sale, sure, you can see the prices, but at that moment you're in a panic trying to nail something down. (Also, since I'm not a man, I'd like to be able to tell my wife I bought the cheapest ticket they had, but I can't be sure because I couldn't get back in after the purchase.)
Yeah it’s lame they won’t. AXS has them listed as 59-149$
purplepanther777
Bronco's Fan

Post by purplepanther777 »

Also going down to LA from Portland. Ive got 8 waiting room windows on 2 computers plus the app on 2 phones lol good luck !
alteridiom
Bronco's Fan

Post by alteridiom »

Driving up from Nashville for the Indy show. Got decent seats in the lower bowl.
Matthewc25

Post by Matthewc25 »

Couldn’t get tickets on axs!! Fucking bullshit
GabesCaves

Post by GabesCaves »

Boldizar wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:48 am I don't see how that is "not fair" at all. If you want to VIP, join TA. You pay for unique access to purchase unique things as a member of the club. It helps make offering those things possible. I knew going into TA what it was, but I joined anyways because I specifically wanted to be able to purchase VIP packages instead of dicking around with Ticketmaster and scalpers. I have been able to do that twice now. Even though I pay yearly, I at least get the merch pack again on renewal.

I think they should revokve sales of non-TA members and put those tickets back up as well as refund TA memberships that people bought specifically to buy presale tickets that were not VIP.

I agree with you. I did not know VIP was TA only because in 2017 there seemed to be plenty VIP available after the on sale date for all shows. And their messaging this tour i found confusing. My grudge was only about not knowing what the facts were.

But....Very happy I scored decent lower level seats at face value for two shows.

TMs new wait system was fair, they told me exactly my place in line. My ;) grudge is they did not disclose you could get in line well before 10am. But that and the phone verification seemed to keep the decent seats available longer.

Still hoping to get the full vip experience one day.
purplepanther777
Bronco's Fan

Post by purplepanther777 »

eh, passed on all the crappy ticket options. bummer.
Matthewc25

Post by Matthewc25 »

Did anyone get extra tickets for the 20th in LA? I guess I wasn’t quick enough. :/
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

I landed tics middle lower bowl for the Glendale show. Also a VG+ Ænima first pressing vinyl. ALL. IN.
Last edited by Takeo on Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Was in the waiting room about 25 mins before the start sale for the LA 20th date and waited 6 mins after 10am and finally got a chance to buy and they had sold out already. Fucking not happy about that, but I was able to get tickets to the Salt Lake show. My best friends live out there and that experience on ticketmaster for that show wasn’t bad. All of us were able to get 4 tickets each and we just chose the best ones.

So like Matthew said, anybody got 2-3 tickets for the LA 20th show? Fuck these scalpers and Tool for no TA presale
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Yo!! Been stalking AXS and they have been releasing tickets slow for face value. I was lucky enough to get 2, but they get snagged up really quick. Good luck to anybody looking
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Nice! Unreal how quick these things are going. Tool are back at the top spot like they never went anywhere.

I hope the North Carolinians aren’t rude to killing joke. Trying to browse their catalog and can see some rowdy rednecks fucking it up for everyone. I am so fucking excited! I really hope they play H or Third Eye. I’m already over the moon with the latest release and would be happy with a whole album play through or some new songs sprinkled in between the hits but I would give anything to hear H, Eulogy, pushit, or Third Eye also. That would be something I’d tell my grandkids over.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

I listened to KJ on Spotify today and really dug it. Vaguely remembered their name from my days of being a Nirvana fanatic. The “Come As You Are” riff does sound kind of similar to “Eighties” but not so close that I’d sue them over it.
jackob2545

Post by jackob2545 »

Should have known, the AXS experience was a shit show. I was ready to pay good money to get a set. Both my wife and I entered the waiting room as soon as it opened on computers and phones and as soon as it went live we got dropped into the que. She got through only to be told a there was none left. I refreshed and got in and got the same thing. She then had a set in Section 106 and went to check out but it booted her to an empty cart.

It really is to bad they don't offer a better pre-sale or outlet for people to get these tickets. really bummed with no other west coast dates and cost of travel pushing resale tickets out the door.

Well. back to listening to the new album!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

the chill wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:47 pm Yo!! Been stalking AXS and they have been releasing tickets slow for face value. I was lucky enough to get 2, but they get snagged up really quick. Good luck to anybody looking
Congrats on getting tickets Chill. Sounds like you've got some good shows lined up. Let me know if you see any more tickets for the Sunday night show in LA. I got shut out.
jackob2545 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:39 pm Should have known, the AXS experience was a shit show. I was ready to pay good money to get a set. Both my wife and I entered the waiting room as soon as it opened on computers and phones and as soon as it went live we got dropped into the que. She got through only to be told a there was none left. I refreshed and got in and got the same thing. She then had a set in Section 106 and went to check out but it booted her to an empty cart.

It really is to bad they don't offer a better pre-sale or outlet for people to get these tickets. really bummed with no other west coast dates and cost of travel pushing resale tickets out the door.

Well. back to listening to the new album!
Very similar experience this morning. Incredibly frustrating.

I did read a few posts on Reddit indicating that if you entered payment information, hit the button to complete the order, and then the screen froze, you should check your AXS Order History. You may actually have purchased tickets. Worth checking it out.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Got really good seats for both Denver and Milwaukee today. I usually have bad luck with Tool tickets but the experience was pretty good this morning. People can bitch about Ticketmaster- there’s obviously some fair points out there- but I rarely have something goofy happen during a transaction with TM, and the fees are what they are. Sorry to the people who had to deal with AXS today.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
JooP
Maynard Believer

Post by JooP »

Tickets for Staples Center going as high as $4000 on stubhub! What a fucking joke. May these scalpers get Super AIDS and facial hemorrhoids.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

JooP, you may be taking this a bit too seriously. :D
tompie

Post by tompie »

I'd like to see some setlist speculation on here. Really curious which "classics" are gonna make the cut and whether we get any deep cuts over and above the Part of Me/Intolerance situation we have atm.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Blergh. I hate the term deep cut when talking about setlists.
Blergh to the blerg of blerghiness.

As for setlist:

Fear Inoculum
Pneuma
Descending
Schism
Invincible
Jambi
Culling Voices
Break
CCtrip
Stinkfist