Please play descending for the NC crew
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Post by thekillingjoke »

NowhereFaded wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:14 am It’s my personal opinion that a song with the complexity of 7empest is impossible to perform on a nightly basis. I couldn’t imagine how taxing that song must be to play live, let alone create and record. I mean come on. It’s difficult to listen to just trying to follow along . Imo of coarse. I mean, how will they surround Adam with 11 amps to recreate the sound live??
Any veteran guitar players care to chime in on this??
Thanks and have a great day!
IMO the song doesn't seem more difficult to play for the band as a whole than, say, Rosetta Stoned. It's long and takes many turns, but seems fairly linear in terms of rhythmic layering the band has to juggle with. Any studio intricacies like layered guitar sounds will probably be left out live, as with any other song.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Hullabaloo92
Maynard Believer

Post by Hullabaloo92 »

I wish you guys all the best for the upcoming US shows, but for me.... there are still no european dates for 2020 yet.
Did anyone of you hear something new?
There is this Amsterdam rumour for the end of april on reddit but I couldn't find anything else...

For their next shows, I guess they could swap the following songs:
Invincible / Descending
Parabola + Parabola + Part of me + Pneuma / Schism + Tempest (or just Parabola for Schism and Part of me for Intolarence etc)
Jambi / Vicarious
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

I love that they closed the show with something new! I couldn’t stand stinkfist closer. Also opening with something new is very cool! I’d like to see descending and lateralus in there. And Rosetta but let’s not go down that rabbit hole. Can’t wait for Milwaukee on halloween 🎃!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

^ they played Europe 3 months ago ya greedy bastard
Listen to All Them Witches
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

What is Danny’s synth in Invincible?!
nousername
of Arimathea

Post by nousername »

Aftershock set was amazing! Good to see the new songs! I was really hoping for Invincible and Pneuma, very glad they played both songs. Fear Inoculum sounded great as well. Short set, only about 80-85 mins. Looking forward to see a headline show whenever they come back to Northern California. Despite all the inconveniences of a music festival, it still was awesome to go see Tool live. Hope everyone else going to shows on this tour has a blast as well. Cheers.
Hullabaloo92
Maynard Believer

Post by Hullabaloo92 »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:15 pm ^ they played Europe 3 months ago ya greedy bastard
This was their first european tour since 2007, of course I am greedy :D
You see, many arena size bands like Systm of A Down or Green Day are already announcing their european dates for june/july 2020 and a lot of people have to do their vacation plans for next year either right now or in just a few weeks.
So if april 2020 is true, I don't see why they are holding those dates back when they announced their june 2019 tour last year in october.

I mean, I feel sorry for our australian members, too. Are these Download Australia festivals still a thing? A few shows around february/march seem likely, then.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I can only imagine the hype when they opened with Fear Inoculum. A LONG TIME COMING. Enjoy the tour US folks! Remember to check out tooldrive for updates
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

cool! enjoy your Denver show xZ1mM3r. Im seeing them later in the tour so i hope they are doing Tempest by then. they should warm up more before the tour. thats what it seems like to me for the last bunch of tours.

for all we know come tomorrow it might be here to stay. i hope so.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Hullabaloo92 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:20 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:15 pm ^ they played Europe 3 months ago ya greedy bastard
This was their first european tour since 2007, of course I am greedy :D
You see, many arena size bands like Systm of A Down or Green Day are already announcing their european dates for june/july 2020 and a lot of people have to do their vacation plans for next year either right now or in just a few weeks.
So if april 2020 is true, I don't see why they are holding those dates back when they announced their june 2019 tour last year in october.

I mean, I feel sorry for our australian members, too. Are these Download Australia festivals still a thing? A few shows around february/march seem likely, then.
Fair call yaz did wait a bloody long time for those shows ya got this year, we also got em in 2011 & 2013 but from what I've read before we are one of their biggest fan bases so I guess makes sense they come here more but yeh been 6.5 years for us.

Download started 2 years ago but no word on if its going ahead next year. The more it drags out the less likely it gets too.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:15 pm ^ they played Europe 3 months ago
So what? We want MOAR!!! We've been waiting for 12 years since 2007 for this shit to happen. I don't wanna wait now for another 10000 zillion days :D
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

ziggy23 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:39 am
Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:15 pm ^ they played Europe 3 months ago
So what? We want MOAR!!! We've been waiting for 12 years since 2007 for this shit to happen. I don't wanna wait now for another 10000 zillion days :D
Yep Europe please.
Attachments
Dionysus-ancient-theatre-greece.jpg
Dionysus-ancient-theatre-greece.jpg (163.24 KiB) Viewed 12236 times
Deftones!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

6.5 years motherfuckers!!! You get fuck all sympathy now until we get a tour :lol:
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

nousername wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:19 pm Aftershock set was amazing! Good to see the new songs! I was really hoping for Invincible and Pneuma, very glad they played both songs. Fear Inoculum sounded great as well. Short set, only about 80-85 mins. Looking forward to see a headline show whenever they come back to Northern California. Despite all the inconveniences of a music festival, it still was awesome to go see Tool live. Hope everyone else going to shows on this tour has a blast as well. Cheers.
Right on! Thanks for sharing you thoughts on the show, and glad to hear you had a great time.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Earthrocker - that Ancient Greek theater is astonishing. You stand on that spot and you hear everything in the whole arena. Loved it.

PS - don’t miss out on Cog just to spite the Bustmonster.

@ Nousername - did you dig any of the other bands at all? Would you have gone without Tool headlining?
Ki77aan :twisted:
nousername
of Arimathea

Post by nousername »

Kittaan wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:27 am @ Nousername - did you dig any of the other bands at all? Would you have gone without Tool headlining?
Yeah, I still would have gone. Enjoyed quite a few bands this weekend. The Hu, Gojira and Geezer Bulter's supergroup Deadland Rituals (which played a bunch of Sabbath songs) were really fun bands that played the Tool day. Some bad bands as well, but honestly as I get older I don't mind taking a break sitting somewhere away from the stages when a band I don't care for is playing. They had a cool little designated Marijuana zone away from the stages (although people of course were smoking everywhere).
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Kittaan wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:27 am @ Earthrocker - that Ancient Greek theater is astonishing. You stand on that spot and you hear everything in the whole arena. Loved it.

PS - don’t miss out on Cog just to spite the Bustmonster.

earthrocker wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:13 am
ziggy23 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:39 am
Yep Europe please.

I only just noticed her sig now :lol: :lol: :lol:
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Stage setup definitely looks different. Rumors of a longer time slot, hopefully that is true.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Not a fan of that setlist. Too safe
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Ettan wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:08 pm Not a fan of that setlist. Too safe
Yah agreed. FI to begin, Invincible + Pnuena middle, Descending to end 1st set, CcT + 7empest encore was my bold prediction. Way off.
Was looking at tix for united center but tbh if this is what the next few setlists look like not sure it’s worth the trek.
Will still be a rocking time though for anyone going no doubt.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I'm guessing Maynard wouldn't have been available for long since harvest. Realistically how many times do we reckon they would have played as an entire band songs like Fear Inoculum, Pneuma , 7empest and culling voices?

The others will come in good time no doubt.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ya, what a bunch b.s this tour is so far. i really dont want to go at this point. if the set doesnt change (which it prob wont cause it barely does) im selling my ticket hopefully.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Jesus you and Mog should hang out