Web Browser Discussion

Discussions on gaming, gadgets and other technology related topics
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Re: Web Browser Discussion

Post by ms2r »

Bing is subpar in non-English speaking countries. At least in the Netherlands it is.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Web Browser Discussion

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Apple products use bing by default. But all I did was go into the iPhone settings and change default search engine to google. Apple still had google listed as an option. Just isn't default. I hate bing search results
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Web Browser Discussion

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Simple as that. And I'm not just being a google fan boy. I had to reset my phone and it defaulted to bing and I HATED it. It took me a week to realize that I could change it. I would search things that I KNEW would work on google and I wouldn't get the correct results. It was subpar
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

hellboy wrote: I tend to select what I think is the best tool, rather than analyse too much about what company they belong to.

As far as Outlooks user friendly experience goes - I'll take Gmail's extra functionality over that any day. Gmail's interface doesn't bother me at all.

It's no so much i care what company they belong too, i just tend to use the LIVE services because it all works under one account, and is embedded into the devices i use.

Is there something that Gmail does that Outlook doesnt? I have a gmail account, it has just recently became my new "spam" email. I really havent noticed much difference. I would still use my Gmail if google hadn't just blocked windows phone from being able to sync mail more then once an hour, and stopped allowing my calendar to sync at all.

xZ1mM3r wrote:Simple as that. And I'm not just being a google fan boy. I had to reset my phone and it defaulted to bing and I HATED it. It took me a week to realize that I could change it. I would search things that I KNEW would work on google and I wouldn't get the correct results. It was subpar
Can you give me an example of something you searched for that BING gave you terrible results? Not that i dont believe you, I just never have this problem.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Umadbrah? wrote:Is there something that Gmail does that Outlook doesnt? I have a gmail account, it has just recently became my new "spam" email. I really havent noticed much difference. I would still use my Gmail if google hadn't just blocked windows phone from being able to sync mail more then once an hour, and stopped allowing my calendar to sync at all.
I have no idea, I've never had a reason to use Outlook.

What I do like though is that I can have multiple inboxes. That it strips out spam with exceptionally well. That search through emails is excellent. The tagging and filtering system works just how I like it. It can send and recieve emails via other addresses with ease.

I have no idea if Outlook can do these things. It (it being Hotmail and other competitors at the time) didn't even come close to these set of features when it came time for me to get a new email address. I've read a few articles on Outlook, and I can't say I've seen any feature that seems like a compelling reason to change. I have no doubt you feel the same way.
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

hellboy wrote: I'll take Gmail's extra functionality over that any day.
Okay, i was just wondering what you meant by this.