Terms and Conditions of Using FE . . .

Discuss the peculiarities of the forum. Feedback, complaints, suggestions are all welcome.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

A member recently got banned, and I was wondering why.

If we are inadvertently not following the Terms and Conditions stated in using this forum, then I would argue a system of warnings should be implemented. Just a suggestion.

From memory, I can't see any reason why they should've been banned, but I really didn't follow the thread in any significant way.

A little bit of a clear-up would be appreciated.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Repeatedly derailing a thread with racist jokes is the reason.  It's the second time he's fucked over that Kanye thread, and while I will tolerate racism and other "controversial" subjects in some thread, there's really no reason why it needs to be derailing perfectly good threads.  It's not the only time he's deliberately trolled good threads, and to be honest I'm over it.

Suggestions Terms and Conditions are welcome - I'm trying to run a pretty loose ship here and would rather not enforce a whole bunch of rules, but there are limits to what I'm willing to tolerate.  If you guys want to create some kind of democratic T&C, then I'm all for it.

Bottom line for now - fuck around in the Infinity threads all you like.  Repeatedly fuck around in other areas and I may delete posts or ban you depending on my mood.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said
Repeatedly derailing a thread with racist jokes is the reason.  It's the second time he's fucked over that Kanye thread, and while I will tolerate racism and other "controversial" subjects in some thread, there's really no reason why it needs to be derailing perfectly good threads.  It's not the only time he's deliberately trolled good threads, and to be honest I'm over it.

Suggestions Terms and Conditions are welcome - I'm trying to run a pretty loose ship here and would rather not enforce a whole bunch of rules, but there are limits to what I'm willing to tolerate.  If you guys want to create some kind of democratic T&C, then I'm all for it.

Bottom line for now - fuck around in the Infinity threads all you like.  Repeatedly fuck around in other areas and I may delete posts or ban you depending on my mood.

Logic seems pretty tight. I have no problems there.

Any chance he could just be given a strong warning? As in, you and the other mods watch him a bit for as long as you see fit, just to make sure that he's toeing the line?

It seems to me that he simply ran too far, and should've been roped in a bit sooner. Unless you already did give him a warning in the form of a PM or something else.

If that's the case, you'll find no more argument from me.

Still quite happy in general with how you and the mods run this place. It just seems a bit sudden to outright ban someone for being a dick without really making him aware of his actions.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

He got a perma-ban, or is it temporary?...
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I would agree with Crow, for the record HB.  The dude was crossing the line IMO, as you saw in my response, since I knew you were out.  However, he got the message in terms of his "demands".  I get that you won't tolerate the repeated derailing, and completely agree, but I suggest you make this either a temp ban, or just a strong warning.  Seems fair.  And if he doesn't want to play, so be it.

Edit - @ Crow - kudos for stepping up (and for putting this topic in the right sub-forum too!)
Ki77aan :twisted:
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Outta curiosity, who got banned?
I like to poop naked.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

markuspoop said
Outta curiosity, who got banned?

ToolPhishDsh aka GOB.  Related to his posts in the last Kanye thread and the first one...
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan said
I would agree with Crow, for the record HB.  The dude was crossing the line IMO, as you saw in my response, since I knew you were out.  However, he got the message in terms of his "demands".  I get that you won't tolerate the repeated derailing, and completely agree, but I suggest you make this either a temp ban, or just a strong warning.  Seems fair.  And if he doesn't want to play, so be it.

Edit - @ Crow - kudos for stepping up (and for putting this topic in the right sub-forum too!)

I was quite happy to have this discourse anywhere, but Boyish-Hell seemed to want it to be in a new one. So I obliged.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

The "I'm not a racist but I'm totally 100% a racist" tone was getting REALLY weird in there. I may have even missed some additional stuff but that thread went from zero to superfuckinguncomfortable in moments. Haha. And this is coming from someone who probably hates Kanye more than anyone here (save ToolPhishDsh, naturally).
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

joeypants said
The "I'm not a racist but I'm totally 100% a racist" tone was getting REALLY weird in there. I may have even missed some additional stuff but that thread went from zero to superfuckinguncomfortable in moments. Haha. And this is coming from someone who probably hates Kanye more than anyone here (save ToolPhishDsh, naturally).

I really didn't pick up on that, but as I've said, I wasn't following the thread that closely.

It wasn't all that interesting anyway, really.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

He seemed bizarrely angry that hip hop was even being mentioned on this forum. Plus all the other tell-tale "Now I'm no racist, however..." stuff. That's probably a uniquely American thing that you're most likely blissfully unaware of, Crow.

edit: anyway, not trying to derail more just saying that I'd stand behind Hellboy's decision. He's come off as an incredibly fair guy and all things considered, it's HIS forum. Plus, I think exclusionary and racist attitudes are very much polar-opposite of the "Tool ethos" (god that feels lame to say, but I'm at a loss for a better phrase at the moment).
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Yeah once I read the whole "there should be no rap talk on this site" and "rap is only for black people, not for middle-class suburbia white people" lines, I figured I'd just stay out of that thread.
I like to poop naked.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Toolphish aka GOB Bluth ain't no racist. His best friend be black

Professor of Lesbian Science
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Base - yeah, that was not lost on me, as you can imagine from my Avatar.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

No one can ever complain about HB or Kittaan over moderating.  Honestly both of those two cunts, I mean quality people, are about as fair as it gets in terms of mods.  HB is a tad sensitive from time to time and has a small obsession with rose colored glasses and Kittaan likes to play Yoda on occasion, but I love both of those cunts, I mean quality people, like second cousins.  I think sometimes people forget that this is HB's place.  I'm surprised he hasn't banned me a time or three.

Now you can all go fuck yourselves in the face with a signed Tool dildo.

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

I wonder just how much a dildo signed by all 4 members of Tool would go for on ebay. 

And how 'bout them O's, Mog?  Just keep on trucking.
I like to poop naked.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

markuspoop said
I wonder just how much a dildo signed by all 4 members of Tool would go for on ebay. 

And how 'bout them O's, Mog?  Just keep on trucking.

For once you can actually contrast this with another band's tried and true approach:

http://www.backstreet-merch.com/stores/ ... its75.html

Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

markuspoop said
Yeah once I read the whole "there should be no rap talk on this site" and "rap is only for black people, not for middle-class suburbia white people" lines, I figured I'd just stay out of that thread.

Yeah I went to highlight that same speal and pick him on it, but ended up just leaving it alone, thinking what's the point arguing with such ignorance.. Fair call on the maybe make it a temporary ban suggestion, if he hasn't already copped any warning before though. 
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Banned for telling the truth, tsk tsk
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Dude was being a prick. I'm glad hellboy dropped the banhammer
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Tyson said
Banned for telling the truth, tsk tsk

Go on... what IS the truth, and don't be afraid to elaborate in great detail, on as many threads as you can.  Don't be shy.

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

ToolPhishDsh has been a dick for a long time now - that last two Kanye threads are just the tip of the iceberg.  His constant trolling far outweighs any insightful comments he makes, and quite frankly I'm sick of it.  No doubt he'll just register a new account though, so I don't expect he'll be gone for long.

We have the Forum FAQ, which outlines the rules in a vague fashion.  If they need clarifying, or if you as a community would like to see things added or removed, then by all means let me know in this thread.

Bottom line is keep on-topic when posting outside of the Infinity forum.  And if you are going to post off topic, don't say stupid racist shit.  Don't know about most of you guys but it stopped being funny for the most part many years ago for me.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

my retort stooped down to a low level of ignorance but the shit he was saying actually made me angry and I'm not easily offended.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Getting angry at another persons opinion, lol
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Tyson said
Getting angry at another persons opinion, lol

can't get behind racism, sorry. what's that two trolls in the past 10 minutes? don't be sad your lover will return

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.