Terms and Conditions of Using FE . . .

Discuss the peculiarities of the forum. Feedback, complaints, suggestions are all welcome.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

What troll posts?
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

where's Cheese? he's the literary whiz, what do you call people catching feelings as a direct result of people catching feelings? a paradox?
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Ah the old "what troll posts" quote.  I see this thread is continuing as expected.

Anyone going to offer up and Terms & Conditions or should I just close the thread?  We don't need yet another thread that revolves around us complaining about others.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

hellboy1975 said
Ah the old "what troll posts" quote.  I see this thread is continuing as expected.

Anyone going to offer up and Terms & Conditions or should I just close the thread?  We don't need yet another thread that revolves around us complaining about others.

(If it's not already there)

How about something like "If you don't like a thread it's simple, don't post in it"

That dude would've saved himself a lot of trouble by simply doing just that.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig said 
How about something like "If you don't like a thread it's simple, don't post in it"

Well, that's just common sense really.  I think what we're talking about here are hard and fast rules that people should obey or face consequences.  

Something like "If you don't like a thread it's simple, don't post in it" is great advice for anyone, but is not something I can police.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

How about something with unprovoked attacks?  That thread immediately spiraled down because he attacked Bogart (I think) for absolutely no reason.

I'm just throwing ideas out there, trying to help get the ball rolling.
Hey! Denty!
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

I don't have any problems with the way the place is run now, you're all a bunch of whiners
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said
ToolPhishDsh has been a dick for a long time now - that last two Kanye threads are just the tip of the iceberg.  His constant trolling far outweighs any insightful comments he makes, and quite frankly I'm sick of it.  No doubt he'll just register a new account though, so I don't expect he'll be gone for long.

We have the Forum FAQ, which outlines the rules in a vague fashion.  If they need clarifying, or if you as a community would like to see things added or removed, then by all means let me know in this thread.

Bottom line is keep on-topic when posting outside of the Infinity forum.  And if you are going to post off topic, don't say stupid racist shit.  Don't know about most of you guys but it stopped being funny for the most part many years ago for me.

So you gave him a warning, in no uncertain terms, about being a dick and you told him to chill out or he'd be banned.

Cool.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Tyson said
I don't have any problems with the way the place is run now.

Thank you.
Ki77aan :twisted:
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Oh except for the moderators of course.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Tyson said
I don't have any problems with the way the place is run now, you're all a bunch of whiners

are you whining about people whining? we've officially crossed over...

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

I've seen the title to this thread for some time now

and have thought one of two things:

it's a 'funny,' or HB is kidding himself (no offense, HB as I clearly see now what's happening).

I am not up on the latest toophish controversy or what ever is taking place...and NY,

the term you were searching

for is 'gay'....'gay'....

just kidding....geez.....

anyway as far as this all goes I just want to say

it's time for work....be back in a bit.

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

ilikecheese said 
it's a 'funny,' or HB is kidding himself (no offense, HB as I clearly see now what's happening).

I'm entirely not sure what you mean?  

There's no attempt to moderate here just because I didn't appreciate his sense of humour, though you are correct in assuming I didn't find it funny.  He was banned for continually taking threads off topic, despite repeated warnings not to do so.  If he'd made racist jokes in a Random Thoughts thread, or somewhere more "appropriate" then he'd still be here.

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Although roundly ridiculed right? Being a bigot isn't an "opinion" that you all just have to swallow, you know. I get so sick of that bullshit notion.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

joeypants said
Although roundly ridiculed right? Being a bigot isn't an "opinion" that you all just have to swallow, you know. I get so sick of that bullshit notion.

Yeah, but you could just ignore it.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

The Boss said

joeypants said

^ To a point.  I don't see a problem with asking for clarification or making a counter argument when someone voices an "opinion" that appears bigoted or racist.  For ex, the exchange we had about Jewish people.  

If nothing else, it could lead to an interesting dialogue.  Granted, it's not likely you're going to change anyone's mind about deep seated beliefs or opinions on an internet forum (esp this one), but at the very least you may present a point of view that the other party didn't consider or wasn't aware of.  I think it kind of depends on how you approach it.  Antagonism at the start will only lead to the conversation rapidly deteriorating.

Yoda out.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Bigots need to be shunned. It's how we move forward and don't have a large Nazi contingent walking around today.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

The Boss said

joeypants said

that's a good point. you could ignore it or chose to leave, so could I or Bogart even. difference is this the Dark Tower and HB is the Crimson King so he doesn't have to ignore it.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

ilikecheese said
I've seen the title to this thread for some time now

and have thought one of two things:

I am not up on the latest toophish controversy or what ever is taking place...and NY,

the term you were searching

for is 'gay'....'gay'....

just kidding....geez.....

anyway as far as this all goes I just want to say

it's time for work....be back in a bit.

yeah I like Dream Theater, Superman movies and I'm sensitive to racism, I'm a big homo. I also like the Beastie Boys so I'm pretending to be a hood. we've heard this all in the past two days. I just wanted to know if what I said would be considered a paradox. I also like James Brown and posted a sweet version of Superbad in the "what are you listening to" thread, I hope it doesn't get a lot of hate replies because black music isn't allowed on a Tool forum. say what yo?

not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

NYHCster said

Tyson said

Stating a fact isn't whining

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Tyson said

NYHCster said

Tyson said

Stating a fact isn't whining

is that truly a fact or your opinion? I think we've come full circle.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Kittaan said

The Boss said

joeypants said

^ To a point.  I don't see a problem with asking for clarification or making a counter argument when someone voices an "opinion" that appears bigoted or racist.  For ex, the exchange we had about Jewish people.  

If nothing else, it could lead to an interesting dialogue.  Granted, it's not likely you're going to change anyone's mind about deep seated beliefs or opinions on an internet forum (esp this one), but at the very least you may present a point of view that the other party didn't consider or wasn't aware of.  I think it kind of depends on how you approach it.  Antagonism at the start will only lead to the conversation rapidly deteriorating.

Yoda out.

there was an exchange about Jews too? Jesus Christ! where does it end?!! (get it? Jesus..Chri...oh, never mind)

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

joeypants said
Bigots need to be shunned. It's how we move forward and don't have a large Nazi contingent walking around today.

I'd rather be alone with honesty than lying with a flock of sheep. You can't say that the world is populated with the exact same quality of human being. Generalisations and lines between people exist for a reason.

But that's a conversation for another thread . . .

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

I really get a hateful vibe from this shit.

what the fuck?

My boss the other day said, "You know, the whole problem is niggers."

: o
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.