Blair hints at New Zealand?

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Word is we're expecting some kind of Tool news this week, and I've predicted it will be some kind of tour announcement. Tool are playing in Ozzfest Japan in May, and it's not unusual for bands playing there to also make the trek down to Australia. Just to add a little fuel to the fire, Blair posted this today on Toolband:

ARE YOU READY NEW ZEALAND...

for WAITANGI DAY! Keep it chill with the reggae...

Are Tool about to confirm a Australia & New Zealand tour?

unclejackson
My pain is just an excuse

Post by unclejackson »

Look at the Feb 2012 Newsletter - he mentioned this same holiday in that newsletter as well. Thus, one could suppose that (1) the planning for this tour goes back that far, (2) the mentions are completely random, or (3) Blair just has some interest for that particular holiday, which is therefore not necessarily indicative of an upcoming tour.
Sprout
Bronco's Fan

Post by Sprout »

Wasn't there some shit about spiders or the likes in one of the newsletters where everyone thought South America - but I was thinking Australia? Blair seems to reference venemous creepy crawlies whenever inferring Aus. Anyhoo, I'm probably wrong but one can only hope.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

For you guys' sake down under, I hope they do. You all don't get enough.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

unclejackson said
Look at the Feb 2012 Newsletter - he mentioned this same holiday in that newsletter as well. Thus, one could suppose that (1) the planning for this tour goes back that far, (2) the mentions are completely random, or (3) Blair just has some interest for that particular holiday, which is therefore not necessarily indicative of an upcoming tour.

I agree, it could all be a coincidence.  

I certainly hope the tour will happen (though like most I'd rather see a new album), and logically Japan seems like a long way to go for a one off show.  A one off festival in the US I can understand, but Ozzfest would have to be throwing a fuck tonne of money at Tool to make a one off Japan show viable.  Australia & NZ are a logical extension of a Japanese tour.
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

I doubt Blair would mention it for no reason, especially after saying some news is coming out. Id expect some New Zealand dates. But, it seems Maynard still hasnt written any lyrics, so a new tune seems out of the question for the gigs, which was my only hope for a show i cant attend. But, putting the band together is always good. Hopefully they can get some shit dooooone.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Why can't he ever just come out and say what the news is? Why all the mystery, all the time?

It may have been funny and interesting twelve years ago, but now it's just pathetic.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

I personally think Blair has been quite giving as of the last while. No, he didnt flat out say theres going to be shows or a small tour, and didnt inform the world. But, I think its a good nod for people who are looking and hip to recent activity. I like it that way personally, leaves me more room to get already hard to get tickets when I can go. He did the same thing with the Hawaii date a few years back, which enabled me to get some idea, plan, and went. Awesome time by the way. So, i guess in a way, i almost should thank Blair for my wild Hawaiian adventure. Huh, never really thought of it. But if it wasnt for him hinting at it in advance, it probably wouldnt have been on my mind long enough for me to pull off. Rad.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

crow011 said
Why can't he ever just come out and say what the news is? Why all the mystery, all the time?

It may have been funny and interesting twelve years ago, but now it's just pathetic.

Blair can't really reveal anything until he gets permission from Tool.  So just coming out and announcing news would probably get him fired.  So he just kinda teases it.  It's kinda like when a movie or video game company just announces a date with no other information, for some people it's a mystery they want to solve, for other people it's just a matter of waiting.

Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

crow011 said

As UKE pointed out, it seems kinda obvious that he can't officially confirm anything without permission.

And I imagine him saying nothing at all would garner just as many complaints.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy1975 said

crow011 said

As UKE pointed out, it seems kinda obvious that he can't officially confirm anything without permission.

And I imagine him saying nothing at all would garner just as many complaints.

I believe the appropriate phrase is: "Blaired if he does and Blaired if he don't".

You're welcome.
Ki77aan :twisted:
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

talk about playing the marketing game. they have been hitting up the areas they dont tour that often every other summer or so and then come back to the north american dates. they are totally blue collaring out in that way of things yet we got people saying magic this and magic that. its more like "we havent toured their in a couple years so we will sell lots if we do it this way" maybe theirs a buried message in that ? haha come on
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

bob said
talk about playing the marketing game. they have been hitting up the areas they dont tour that often every other summer or so and then come back to the north american dates. they are totally blue collaring out in that way of things yet we got people saying magic this and magic that. its more like "we havent toured their in a couple years so we will sell lots if we do it this way" maybe theirs a buried message in that ? haha come on

@ Bob - not trying to be a dick, so please don't take it the wrong way... I've held back as long as I can, but there have been one too many "their's" in place of "there's", so I'll just pass this link along and leave it at that.

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/di ... heyre.html

The Bottom Line

The confusion between their, there, and they're occurs because the three words are pronounced in very similar ways.

If the word means "belonging to them," use their. If you're able to replace the word with "they are," use they're. Otherwise, there is only one correct answer: there.

basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Kittaan said

bob said

@ Bob - not trying to be a dick, so please don't take it the wrong way... I've held back as long as I can, but there have been one too many "their's" in place of "there's", so I'll just pass this link along and leave it at that.

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/di ... heyre.html

The Bottom Line

The confusion between their, there, and they're occurs because the three words are pronounced in very similar ways.

If the word means "belonging to them," use their. If you're able to replace the word with "they are," use they're. Otherwise, there is only one correct answer: there.

Hey Kittaan,

I'm not trying to be a dick either but you have no idea what you'are talking about and you isn't really saying anything.

Obviously you enjoy language and correct sentence structure so maybe this guy can help you out. It's a real eye opener and it covers much more than language, if you can follow it and get through the whole thing. Most that watch it won't be able to understand hardly anything.... by design of course. hope you is able to get through it

Professor of Lesbian Science
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Would be nice if they got back to Christchurch - been rough going there the last couple of years for everyone.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

Some people seem to make the mistake that the news Blair gives us is somehow separate from the band. He basically is Tool's spokesman. Whatever he says, the band says; which isn't much, but that's the way it is. All this mystery that comes with the package is exactly what is intended from Tool. Accept it.

I guess they enjoy to fuck with their fans, or at least the ones that still don't understand how they operate. They know that a small percentage of their fan base is laughing along with them; even though they are suffering just as much, if not more, on the inside. The album is coming; when the time is right, we will know. It is a difficult task this time around, but Tool has always delivered in the past. Why would you expect anything different just because it is taking a little longer than expected? I want a new album too, but complaining about it is not going to help. If that's what certain people choose to do then you can serve as entertainment for the rest of us...especially once this masterpiece is released...NOW THAT WILL BE A LAUGH RIOT!

Evolving past the divine consciousness achieved in 10,000 Days will be interesting to say the least. It just takes time and pressure...TIME...AND...PRESSURE...
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

bob said

I'm just glad that they play lots of unreleased and new songs at all these shows that they've been doing for the past half a decade. Otherwise the fans would feel REALLY ripped off, right? I mean, oh man.

(Also, I thought we had established before that bob used English as his second language. So go easy, hey.)

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
lucidcandle
Bronco's Fan

Post by lucidcandle »

this outta get you aussie's going...straight from toolarmy...

TOOL
APRIL & MAY 2013
Frontier Members pre-sale via www.frontiertouring.com/tool
12noon AEDT, Thursday 14 February to 12noon AEDT, Friday 15 February
General public on sale from 9am local time, Tuesday 19 February

SATURDAY 27 April - Melbourne/ Rod Laver Arena (All Ages)
Ticketek.com.au | Ph: 132 849

TUESDAY 30 April - Adelaide/ AEC Arena (All Ages)

FRIDAY 3 May - Sydney/ Allphones Arena (All Ages)

MONDAY 6 May - Brisbane/ Entertainment Centre (All Ages)

WEDNESDAY 8 May - Auckland/ Vector Arena (All Ages)

Ticketmaster.co.nz / Ph: 0800 111 999

www.toolband.com/ www.facebook.com/toolmusic

Twitter @tool

www.frontiertouring.com/tool/ www.facebook.com/frontiertouring

Twitter @frontiertouring

PRE-SALE & ON-SALE TIMES (again)

FTC Presale: Thursday 14 (12noon AEDT) - Friday 15 (12noon AEDT) February

GP Onsale: Tuesday 19 February (9am local times)
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Yup. Jealous. US Tour summer 2013?
“Casual Fan”
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Lot of days off in that schedule. I'm sure most will be sightseeing, but still... not a bad thing.
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Holy FUCK! I wasnt expecting all that. Congratulations to the Aussies! Im happy for you guys. However, can you please buy some hd cameras, i was pretty disappointed with the quality of youtube vids that came out of there last time. Hopefully you get some long, new material segues! Those dates are a lot sooner than i expected. Hopefully Tool will be working hard together, getting shit done and ready for the studio.

Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Don't miss the multi-sensory experience that is a performance by groundbreaking musicians Tool. With anticipation high and the promise of one of the first tastes of their much-awaited upcoming album, tickets will not last long!"

That quote is really interesting, wonder if it holds water and where it came from? I hope thats true! Someone is promising something?! Fuck, now i cant wait.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Stoked for the Oz contingent.  Good luck scoring tix.
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Here is an official post about the tour with quotes from Danny and MJK. http://www.3news.co.nz/Tool-to-play-Vec ... fault.aspx
“Casual Fan”