Reminder: Tool public ticket sales

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Just a quick reminder for those who didn't acquire tickets via the pre sale that the public sale for the Australian and New Zealand Tool shows takes place tomorrow at 9am local time. Based on pre sale data, I'd expect Melbourne and Sydney shows to tell out within a few hours, and Brisbane not too long afterwards. I have posted a rumour about a second Tool show in Melbourne (and I've heard similar rumours about second shows in Sydney and Auckland as well) however neither particularly compelling - my advice is prepare yourself as though there will be no second shows! Head over to the Tour Page is you need more ticket information.

The good news is that having read many of your posts on the blog and forum, it appears as though most Fourtheye readers have been able to get tickets, and while I know some of you will be aiming to improve your seats, at least most of you can rest easy knowing you will be able to see Tool play live this April & May.

Good luck!

Update 1: Second NZ show has been added for the 9th of May - tickets on sale now!
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Well it didn't take long for the second Auckland show to be listed! I guess I better keep an eye on the aussie ticket site for a shot at a GA ticket for the second melb show...normally you would get different set lists right?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

264zn said
Well it didn't take long for the second Auckland show to be listed! I guess I better keep an eye on the aussie ticket site for a shot at a GA ticket for the second melb show...normally you would get different set lists right?

Based on recent experiences I'd expect about 75% of the setlist to remain identical, with the remainder being changed around from night to night.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Last year when they played in Dallas on back to back nights the setlist was the same except for two songs, if that helps.
Hey! Denty!
dickleiper
of Arimathea

Post by dickleiper »

woohoo! got tickets to the second auckland show! got seats this time.
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Cheers, yeah that sounds about right from memory. I guess if that change up on the second night was a song like ticks or parabola (like we saw on that last tour) it would be worth every penny.
spiral2spiral
Bronco's Fan

Post by spiral2spiral »

2011 tour - 9 shows, 7 of them had at least one setlist change - Only 2 shows had identical sets... Naturally, I was at both those shows (But got a very mixed up set at Sydney BDO night 1 on top of those 2 as well, so no complaints)

Similar situation in 2007 - 2 identical sets in Sydney and Melbourne, while most of the rest of the tour has some minor variation at least.
But thats the gable you take, and even 2 concurrent identical nights are worth it.

(However, 2001 and 2002 tours had some MASSIVE deviation between some nights... )
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Shit didn't know they played identical sets in the same city...that would suck, but as you say it is tool and still worth a second viewing! One for shrooms, one for booze...
spiral2spiral
Bronco's Fan

Post by spiral2spiral »

Second shows in Melbourne and Sydney officially announced
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Second shows go on sale at 9.30am!
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

They know Tool fans will go both nights, $300 to see them in a shitty stadium, lel
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

yes they do know tool fans will see them both nights...second GA ticket secured! It has been 11 years since I've caught a stand alone show, so why not see two?
spiral2spiral
Bronco's Fan

Post by spiral2spiral »

Allphones is actually quite good for an enormo-dome.
spiral2spiral
Bronco's Fan

Post by spiral2spiral »

Got 2nd Sydney tickets. to go with Sydney and Melbourne night 1 from the presale. Giddy up