Adam posts a Toolish teaser?

basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

MarryHanback said
...the reason they would maximize profit by NOT playing the songs is that they would not want any negative public perception based on bootlegs from tour about the new album.

Fair point, but disagree... I think people are craving new material so much, it won't matter. In fact, the bootlegs will be just enough of a 'taste' to encourage folks want the (nice, clean, studio) album more. I mean, do you know of any Tool fan that would not buy the new album based on a bootleg? After all, it's 7 years on with nothing new and we're all still here wasting time and energy posting speculative crap on a website. Just the thought of new material on the forseeable horizon would be well received by your average Tool fan, let alone actual boots.

And my prediction is that they will initially release the new tracks digitally only through a newly reTooLed TooL Army site
Professor of Lesbian Science
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Whatever happened to Adam anyway? It's like when a respectable actor wins an Oscar and then watches as their career spins into B movie hell.

gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

crow011 said
I like to think of us, the hardcore TOOL fanbase, as an extremely attractive, sexually active woman. TOOL, in this scenario, is a muscular, sexually attractive and very sexually competent lover.

This dude has been going down on us, licking our nipples, rimming us, fingering us, fisting us, rubbing his cock on our clit - basically giving us foreplay for, like, half a decade.

JUST FUCK US ALREADY. WE'VE BEEN READY TO GO FOR AGES. STOP WITH THE FUCKING FOREPLAY.

The more you foreplay, the better the orgasm.

I'm getting better at ignoring the people who bring this place down. I've only read one post from toolphish in this thread.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

crow011 said 
Just going to ignore the fact that I said the exact same thing within minutes of this topic being created?

No offense, but I just couldn't be fucked going back 8 pages to find the quote.

It was the second reply.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

gamebounty said

crow011 said
I like to think of us, the hardcore TOOL fanbase, as an extremely attractive, sexually active woman. TOOL, in this scenario, is a muscular, sexually attractive and very sexually competent lover.

This dude has been going down on us, licking our nipples, rimming us, fingering us, fisting us, rubbing his cock on our clit - basically giving us foreplay for, like, half a decade.

JUST FUCK US ALREADY. WE'VE BEEN READY TO GO FOR AGES. STOP WITH THE FUCKING FOREPLAY.

I'm getting better at ignoring the people who bring this place down. I've only read one post from toolphish in this thread.

Then you have completely missed out on some fairly compelling thoughts.

But that's OK, because most of us are starting to ignore you, too.

DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Just want to point out that prior to Aenima during Undertow tours, Tool played many songs from Aenima live long before the album was released. The live versions were different and would evolve over time quite a bit.

In fact, i didnt like aenima for a long time because it sounded pretty crappy compared to the live versions i had already seen. It took awhile to get over the songs i already knew. They changed parts, and the recording quality was way different than what i expected.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

DRURY said
Just want to point out that prior to Aenima during Undertow tours, Tool played many songs from Aenima live long before the album was released. The live versions were different and would evolve over time quite a bit.

In fact, i didnt like aenima for a long time because it sounded pretty crappy compared to the live versions i had already seen. It took awhile to get over the songs i already knew. They changed parts, and the recording quality was way different than what i expected.

Eh, benefit of the doubt.
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Now when i listen to Aenima it sounds pretty damn perfect. What can i say, i was a dumb teenager.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

DRURY said
Now when i listen to Aenima it sounds pretty damn perfect. What can i say, i was a dumb teenager.

I'll buy that.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Just to clear something up I keep seeing thrown around, whatever it is that Adam posted, he took a picture of a monitor. That's why it looks "funky" or "pixelated" or whatever.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

gamebounty said

crow011 said

Sorry brother but you are way off.  Toolphish beat Children like it owed him money.  Complete domination and total win for the fisherman.
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Most people don't even watch bootlegs.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

mogeffingmog said

gamebounty said

crow011 said

Sorry brother but you are way off.  Toolphish beat Children like it owed him money.  Complete domination and total win for the fisherman.

AAAAAND concede.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

joeypants said
Just to clear something up I keep seeing thrown around, whatever it is that Adam posted, he took a picture of a monitor. That's why it looks "funky" or "pixelated" or whatever.

No offence, as you are usually quite "on the money", but I think most of us realise that.

Now, my question is: Why did he take a pic of a monitor?

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Because that's the only medium where it exists? And he probably likes the pixelated "what iiiiiiiiisssss ittttt?" quality?

I saw more than a few people pages back using the pixelated quality as some "hint" that it "MUST BE A VIDEO!!!" or something bigger than, he simply took a pic of a monitor rather than output an image, edit it, load it into his phone, etc.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

joeypants said
Because that's the only medium where it exists? And he probably likes the pixelated "what iiiiiiiiisssss ittttt?" quality?

I saw more than a few people pages back using the pixelated quality as some "hint" that it "MUST BE A VIDEO!!!" or something bigger than, he simply took a pic of a monitor rather than output an image, edit it, load it into his phone, etc.

Fair enough.

I still stand by what I said, and was, well, "enhanced", by others - T-shirt and poster for next tour.

Trolls, I tell ya.

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I'd say it's 99.9999999999999% it's a poster and by extension, Tshirt.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

joeypants said
I'd say it's 99.9999999999999% it's a poster and by extension, Tshirt.

Solid.

How fucking awesome is it going to be when we're all proven wrong.

. . .

LOL x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 . . .
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

mogeffingmog said

gamebounty said

crow011 said

So he won? as in his opinion won?...

...what?

"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

toolphishdhs said

children said
A person who says that art has nothing to do with the band Tool obviously has no idea what they're talking about, and is in fact a fucking moron

no i didnt say that. at all. i said the EXCUSE that the wait has been about "art" is bullshit. quit apologizing for a band that resents you. they make art, yes, but lots of other bands make art and do it at intervals that are far less than 7 years.  are you going to be super happy with 50 year old MJK's completely overdubbed trash vocals? i hope so, because that is what is coming.     low expectations are good, because at least ill probably be pleasantly surprised when it comes out.  musically, the next album will be great. the longer it goes the worse the vocals will be.

What is this "excuse" you speak of? What other reason could there be for this wait. Do you really think that Tool is purposely postponing the release of there album just for fun. If it's taking longer than expecting there must be some artistic challenges. Art isn't forced, it comes naturally; of course that is why it's taking 7 years.
aphex0
Bronco's Fan

Post by aphex0 »

joeypants said

Dude I said the same thing @ page 2 or 3.  It is a paused monitor you can see it in the whites of the eyes.  Also it was posted to instagram @ 1:30 in the am FWIW.  There have been some pics in his instagram that look like previous DVD packaging (the one with the blue face w/ brown circular overlay looks familiar).
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Probably a design for merch, but whenever they drop the new album I hope it's out of the blue. It seems right for them to secretly record this time around. The design looks sweet by the way.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

toolphishdhs said

children said

toolphishdhs said

children said
A person who says that art has nothing to do with the band Tool obviously has no idea what they're talking about, and is in fact a fucking moron

no i didnt say that. at all. i said the EXCUSE that the wait has been about "art" is bullshit. quit apologizing for a band that resents you. they make art, yes, but lots of other bands make art and do it at intervals that are far less than 7 years.  are you going to be super happy with 50 year old MJK's completely overdubbed trash vocals? i hope so, because that is what is coming.     low expectations are good, because at least ill probably be pleasantly surprised when it comes out.  musically, the next album will be great. the longer it goes the worse the vocals will be.

What is this "excuse" you speak of? What other reason could there be for this wait. Do you really think that Tool is purposely postponing the release of there album just for fun. If it's taking longer than expecting there must be some artistic challenges. Art isn't forced, it comes naturally; of course that is why it's taking 7 years.

They are not giving excuses, but you are giving excuses for them. Saying art is the reason they are taking 7 years is ridiculous. It is because they either dont have anything to say or just dont want to. Im not sure what point you are trying to make with that post. It is my opinion. i am allowed to have it. There is also a reason they opened every show on the last tour with HWAP. I know you want to put Tool on this magical pedestal but they are a major rock act 20 years into their career. My issues come when they decide to fuck with everyone rather than just saying "no, it is going to take a while" rather than dragging fans along for years with straight out lies of when and how long into the process they are. You can deny it all you want, but the only reason Tool is making this record is because they are contractually obligated to. I truly believe they would not be a band without this. Tool is amazing, and they have touched my life for over 15 years, but Tool is far past their prime and the longer it goes the worse it will be.

Really, children. you need to understand that they dont appreciate you for your devotion. They kind of resent it. If they truly cared about making "art" anymore, they would tour all the time, and rework their material in a live setting and would act really interested about performing. they dont do those things anymore. 2 weeks a year is not art, that is a paycheck. quit being so hurt that Tool is just like so many other major touring acts past their prime.  savor the memories and hope for the best in the near future. 

When have they straight up lied?  They give out estimates.  Just because they didn't come true doesn't mean they lied.

Don't mow your lawn