Opiate 21st Anniversary Edition to be released?

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

They could release the rest of the show where the two live tracks were recorded.

And from memory, I believe Adam has said that Opiate and Undertow were written at the same time.  The songs on Opiate were just their "most hard rocking" and they thought would get them the most initial attention.  Something like that.
Hey! Denty!
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

I bet they will play the song OPIATE. Such a unique song.

This release is a good sign. Tool tends to gear up to a new album with tool-related activities.

Not sure why someone would say "money-grab" about Tool. If they really wanted to be obnoxious with "moneygrabbing", they would be doing way more of this kind of thing.

Also, when you get your welfare check, do you call it a money grab? So dumb.
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

I have seen Opiate a few times and it is a powerhouse live. They used to rotate Opiate and Aenima during the Lateralus touring days. Jerk-Off is obviously number one on the list of tracks to see, but I doubt they will ever play it again. I think the last timed they played it was as an encore at a NYE show with Primus at the Oakland Coliseum in 1995.
“Casual Fan”
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

i dont care what they do with their cash grab as long as it involves renting studio time.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

DRURY said

^ Don't tell me you are a fucking Republican.  I don't play well with Republicans.

Fucking beyond me how this thread has gotten so much attention.  Shit still hasn't been officially released on toolband, and seriously, who GIVES a shit?  A fucking re-release of a 21 year old album I have already listened to thousands of times?

Yeah it's a money grab.  Anything outside of releasing a new album is a money grab.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I will buy all the copies if it comes with a live version of prison sex OTR mix

Also HB, Maynard is speaking to the doctor this arvo, bonza

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Tyson said

English, Motherporker.  Speak it.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Alright for die hard tool fans some new artwork to wank over.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

mogeffingmog said

DRURY said

^ Don't tell me you are a fucking Republican.  I don't play well with Republicans.

Fucking beyond me how this thread has gotten so much attention.  Shit still hasn't been officially released on toolband, and seriously, who GIVES a shit?  A fucking re-release of a 21 year old album I have already listened to thousands of times?

Yeah it's a money grab.  Anything outside of releasing a new album is a money grab.

He is saying welfare is a good thing... How does that make him Republican?
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Kittaan said

Tyson said

English, Motherporker.  Speak it.

Get wrecked faggot

not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

mogeffingmog said

children said

mogeffingmog said

DRURY said

Uh I am fairly certain he was poking fun at it.  Read it again.  You must be a Republican as well.  Always spinning shit.  Go watch Bill O'Reilly while you listen to 10,000 Days, the Blues album.

lolzzzzbwhahahaasacks

Fuck Tool

Recently, while I was working in the flower beds in the front yard, my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog.

During our friendly conversation, I asked their 12 year old daughter what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President someday.

Both of her parents - liberal Democrats - were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?"

She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."

Her parents beamed with pride!

"Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that!" I told her.

"What do you mean?" she replied.

So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house.

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Her parents aren't speaking to me.

You like being lazy Mog?

tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Tool Dildo!?? Sign me up. My old dildy is getting to be a bit old at 21 years. Plastic splinters are no bueno, let me tell you. Nothing like a good selfie to get the brain juices flowing.
“Casual Fan”
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

tiresias said
And now we are fighting about American political affiliation on an Australian based Tool blog. Tyson, you have officially hit a new low. Go troll the WaPo comments if that is what gets you off.

Post your pic or shut the fuck up, no one cares for an ugly woman's opinion

Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

mogeffingmog said

children said

mogeffingmog said

DRURY said

Uh I am fairly certain he was poking fun at it.  Read it again.  You must be a Republican as well.  Always spinning shit.  Go watch Bill O'Reilly while you listen to 10,000 Days, the Blues album.

lolzzzzbwhahahaasacks

Fuck Tool

I am fairly positive Drury said that if Tool is moneygrabbing because they are using their only real means for making money, which is releasing music, then poor people are moneygrabbing when they use their welfare checks to survive.

I would say you are the Republican, always shoving your bullshit down other people's throats...cunt

...but let's ask the man himself about what exactly he meant with his post and if he is in fact a Republican. Drury, what's it gonna be?
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Wow, intimidation over the internet is really effective.....
“Casual Fan”
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

tiresias said
Wow, intimidation over the internet is really effective.....

It's what they're best at: cyber-superiority. Very respectable...oh, wait, no it isn't...
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

The only good point he made is that I need to post my picture...or a picture ... to my profile. It looks like I will sign up for a Fourtheye membership now. I really enjoy the site and the news updates and the general camaraderie of Tool Fans. And HONESTLY nothing is better than trolling trolls who get out of hand.

If I were a woman I would probably be extremely offended by what Tyson said, and even the "rank slut" comment. But, since I am an ugly man, I can only assume. Thanks for the backup.
“Casual Fan”
MarryHanback
of Arimathea

Post by MarryHanback »

tiresias said
Tool Dildo!?? Sign me up. My old dildy is getting to be a bit old at 21 years. Plastic splinters are no bueno, let me tell you. Nothing like a good selfie to get the brain juices flowing.

Spiral in.
Keep going.
boom.box
Maynard Believer

Post by boom.box »

Question is how difficult will these be to score? With only 5,000, how many fans will be competing? I actually hope they are somewhat expensive as to price out a certain section of buyers.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

boom.box said
Question is how difficult will these be to score? With only 5,000, how many fans will be competing? I actually hope they are somewhat expensive as to price out a certain section of buyers.

5,000 is a lot.  I suspect it won't be too hard to get a copy, presuming you are ready to buy as soon as they come on sale.  Would be nice if there were some set aside for Toolarmy members though (I ain't holding my breath).
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

tiresias said

The only way I will buy it is if it comes with handlebars and purple tassles.