Toolarmy Opiate Presale on now

phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

DRURY said
I doubt if this was more mass produced anybody would care, or even buy it. The way people talk on here it is clear that the newer generation hates spending money on physical music, and will just steal it online anyways.

Maybe this is a big fuck you to that attitude. Ahahahhahahaa good. Im tired of babies that always are looking for free shit, and complain endlessly about parting with their money. Enjoy not having this, and feel superior with your upturned noses.

Damn kids, get off my lawn!
smithersSOCAL
Bronco's Fan

Post by smithersSOCAL »

can't speak for anyone but myself. but I still buy music and lots of it. not sure if you're aware but the casual tool fan has moved on. I doubt anyone outside of the die hards even know about this. I hadn't been on TA in ages but did check out the reissue and pondered a purchase. the cost is absolutely stupid..... and this is coming from someone who has flown to red rocks, SF, Fresno, Vegas, etc... just to see tool.

logging into TA it was fun to see all my available karma shots, and was surprised that the current TA count was only 20k heads...hardly an army at all.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

DRURY said
Money comes and goes everyone...usually it goes.

Jobless losers find a way to support their crack habits on a daily basis. Im sure a few tool devotees can scrounge $150 for this if they want it.

It's only a tiny percentage of Tool listeners or concert goers that even KNOW this exists, so its definitely just for the few that care for this sort of thing.

I doubt if this was more mass produced anybody would care, or even buy it. The way people talk on here it is clear that the newer generation hates spending money on physical music, and will just steal it online anyways.

Maybe this is a big fuck you to that attitude. Ahahahhahahaa good. Im tired of babies that always are looking for free shit, and complain endlessly about parting with their money. Enjoy not having this, and feel superior with your upturned noses.

And I most certainly will.  Thanks.
I like to poop naked.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

markuspoop said

DRURY said
Money comes and goes everyone...usually it goes.

Jobless losers find a way to support their crack habits on a daily basis. Im sure a few tool devotees can scrounge $150 for this if they want it.

It's only a tiny percentage of Tool listeners or concert goers that even KNOW this exists, so its definitely just for the few that care for this sort of thing.

And I most certainly will.  Thanks.

^ +1 Me too.  Thanks for the kind words.  It warms my heart and makes my right nut tingle a bit.

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

smithersSOCAL said
can't speak for anyone but myself. but I still buy music and lots of it. not sure if you're aware but the casual tool fan has moved on. I doubt anyone outside of the die hards even know about this. I hadn't been on TA in ages but did check out the reissue and pondered a purchase. the cost is absolutely stupid..... and this is coming from someone who has flown to red rocks, SF, Fresno, Vegas, etc... just to see tool.

logging into TA it was fun to see all my available karma shots, and was surprised that the current TA count was only 20k heads...hardly an army at all.

Tool has 1.3+ million "likes" on Facebook.  People definitely know about this.
Hey! Denty!
smithersSOCAL
Bronco's Fan

Post by smithersSOCAL »

what's Facebook? ha ha. don't have FB. never have, never will. is it true there is a "like" button, but no "un-like" button? I would imagine TA is a better barometer of fan base but that's just a guess.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I don't have one either but it can be viewed without an account.

https://www.facebook.com/ToolMusic

The reason the "likes" are important is because anytime the Tool page makes a post it comes up on all of those people's news feed.

That's how I can confidently say people know about this.  TA hasn't been much of a deal for a while now, before this Opiate pre-sale anyway.

Hey! Denty!
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

I just saw an interview with those weird/disgusting mormon Duggar people that have 20 kids or whatever, and their oldest kid is already working on heading toward that number... I'm officially putting my $150 towards a vasectomy. I don't want kids at all because this world is becoming a terrible place for children to grow up. I could go an alternative 180 route and take my wife to dinner get her drunk and pregnant in one night and declare that I'm working on 30 kids so I get a TV show but... I don't really like TV so much.
I'm ok with adopting and when I adopt I will be raising said adopted child to like good music. However, I will not have an Opiate re-release to show him/her. So, that's how it's done and this is what it feels like to spend a hard earned buck. Thanks for brining it into perspective Mr. and Mrs. Duggar... may you all burn in hell (you know, that fictitious place).

Best Regards,
Z
3po1nt0
of Arimathea

Post by 3po1nt0 »

anyone else find it a little odd that justin's signature is on this package. shouldn't they have tried to track down paul? of course that would've likely required giving him a cut of the profit...
3.1.97||7.11.97||7.3.98||8.15.01||11.24.02||4.30.06||9.7.06||9.8.06||7.14.07||12.10.07||12.14.07||8.22.09||7.18.10||7.19.10||3.12.14||3.16.14||10.31.15||1.9.16||6.17.17||10.20.19||10.21.19||1.18.22||10.8.23||2.14.24||2.15.24||2.17.24
HunterSMckenna
Maynard Believer

Post by HunterSMckenna »

Sorry I'm inept at posting links apparently, but is anyone aware of this? Interesting timing being that it was just put up a few weeks back. Any chance this is legit or uploaded by someone that works at production? or is this something that's been floating around the interwebs for some time?

Seems highly unlikely that it is legit, but someone did a great job with it, it seems very tool-esque by times, but other times the animation seems too amateur...thoughts?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

3po1nt0 said
anyone else find it a little odd that justin's signature is on this package. shouldn't they have tried to track down paul? of course that would've likely required giving him a cut of the profit...

Not really, Justin i the current bass player in Tool.  Maybe Paul should have signed it, but I imagine it would have been far more awkward if Justin hadn't signed.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

HunterSMckenna said 
Sorry I'm inept at posting links apparently, but is anyone aware of this? Interesting timing being that it was just put up a few weeks back. Any chance this is legit or uploaded by someone that works at production? or is this something that's been floating around the interwebs for some time?

Seems highly unlikely that it is legit, but someone did a great job with it, it seems very tool-esque by times, but other times the animation seems too amateur...thoughts?

I've never seen it before.  It's an impressive video for an amateur (which I presume it is).
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

hellboy1975 said

HunterSMckenna said 

I've never seen it before.  It's an impressive video for an amateur (which I presume it is).

Agreed.  Seems to have a sorta Vicarious-video feel to it.  Kudos to whoever did it.

I like to poop naked.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

smithersSOCAL said
is it true there is a "like" button, but no "un-like" button? I would imagine TA is a better barometer of fan base but that's just a guess.

There is no dislike button, if that's what you mean.  You can "unlike" something to remove yourself from that group/product/page.
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

markuspoop said

hellboy1975 said

HunterSMckenna said 

Agreed.  Seems to have a sorta Vicarious-video feel to it.  Kudos to whoever did it.

Yeah that's pretty impressive... 

As to the facebook argument, fair point, but I can think of a fair few mates who have facebook, who are somewhat dedicated fans & would 'like' Tool & would bet if I asked em about this release, they'd be oblivious..
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

3po1nt0
March 26, 2013 at 3:02 pm
anyone else find it a little odd that justin’s signature is on this package. shouldn’t they have tried to track down paul? of course that would’ve likely required giving him a cut of the profit…

FYI-Justin Chancellor is in the band TOOL currently. He plays live with the band TOOL. At some point in the timeline of this planetoid, he has played songs from this EP with the band TOOL. He is in the band TOOL.

This is why he signed the EP. A little strange? Sure...i guess. But he's IN the band, and he plays live and its possible he will even be playing an Opiate track or two live in April/May. So really, its okay......really okay.
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

DRURY said
3po1nt0
March 26, 2013 at 3:02 pm
anyone else find it a little odd that justin’s signature is on this package. shouldn’t they have tried to track down paul? of course that would’ve likely required giving him a cut of the profit…

FYI-Justin Chancellor is in the band TOOL currently. He plays live with the band TOOL. At some point in the timeline of this planetoid, he has played songs from this EP with the band TOOL. He is in the band TOOL.

This is why he signed the EP. A little strange? Sure...i guess. But he's IN the band, and he plays live and its possible he will even be playing an Opiate track or two live in April/May. So really, its okay......really okay.

Oh you!
theuniverse
Maynard Believer

Post by theuniverse »

JimmyRussells
Maynard Believer

Post by JimmyRussells »

I had a few quick questions for people who ordered the presale.

Does anyone remember exactly what time the sale started?

And did it go live on this page? https://shop.toolarmy.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=105

Any other information would be useful, I've never really shopped on this site before. Thanks!
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

The reissue was posted for sale about 9am PST.  Since it was a TA presale and the new TooL store is for both TA and TooLband.com, they reverted back to the old TA store.  The sale tomorrow will most likely occur in the new TooL store. http://shop.toolarmy.com/

Do not expect Blair to post on TooLband announcing the on sale.  It is just something you will have to watch and wait.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

this is like watching 

children at Christmas

it really is
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
ajreeb
Maynard Believer

Post by ajreeb »

Head on over to toolband... And don't forget to bring your credit card.