Opiate Reissue arriving soon!

bunyunz
Maynard Believer

Post by bunyunz »

I know why Adam didn't sign. Leave room for Paul. I am supposed to go find him, have him sign, he will give me the answer to 10k days puzzle. I would prefer the Puscifer shows be canceled immediately and Maynard come to my house and sign Adam's name for me.
ezeric82
Maynard Believer

Post by ezeric82 »

My wife just called to tell me our copy arrived today...Now if I could just get off work I'd be happy!
bunyunz
Maynard Believer

Post by bunyunz »

smithersSOCAL
Bronco's Fan

Post by smithersSOCAL »

I feel bad for the fella that didn't get AJ's signature because that's what this really was all about.

i still have the original vinly I bought way back when. had to laugh when a reported "fan" bragged about "rediscovering" Opiate. really??? poseur alert...

the blank USB drive is a real head scratcher.
cultiv8420
Bronco's Fan

Post by cultiv8420 »

Try putting it under a black light.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

I may have to agree with the black light deal... Throw it under a black light and see if you find anything hidden. Also, are the thumb drives formatted? Is anyone trying on Mac and PC to see how it reads? It's hard to imagine there'd be nothing.... maybe 5 of the thumb drives have golden tickets? Who knows? Everything was left so fucking vague. Again, I'm happy for those of you that are happy you bought one but I'm glad I didn't... HEINOUS ATROCITIES...
ilikefoofighters
Bronco's Fan

Post by ilikefoofighters »

So I have the other unsigned by Adam copy.  I have contacted Merch and they responded in less than 12 hours last night, which is actually pretty cool.  They said I could send it back and they would have the bands management have Adam sign it and resend it. 

My Question is, would you actually send it back or would you keep it?  it is obviously a pretty rare mistake and it makes it even more unique, it appears that mine and 1 other were missed by Adam.  

What would you guys do if you were me? 
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

^ Send the fucker back.  It ain't gonna be worth more 'cause dickhead forgot to sign it.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

Ilikefoofighters (LOL), that is quite a predicament you are in. I do not know what i would do honestly. On one hand you want your package to be complete, but on another hand you have something "special"...

If you send it in you might receive something extra for the trouble or a reimbursement of some kind so that would be nice, but then you might be losing a rare collector's item...

...hmm...
bunyunz
Maynard Believer

Post by bunyunz »

ilikefoofighters said
So I have the other unsigned by Adam copy.  I have contacted Merch and they responded in less than 12 hours last night, which is actually pretty cool.  They said I could send it back and they would have the bands management have Adam sign it and resend it. 

My Question is, would you actually send it back or would you keep it?  it is obviously a pretty rare mistake and it makes it even more unique, it appears that mine and 1 other were missed by Adam.  

What would you guys do if you were me? 

Did you receive the usb card? I was missing both. I haven't heard from merch yet. Thats an interesting point about keeping our non AJ signature copies. Maybe if we send them back they'll be even more rare, possibly an apology from Adam on our copies.
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

I would 100% send mine back in.

ORRR maybe if you dont it will be a good way for you to get backstage at the next show u go to. 

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Send it back. You might get a cool doodle or something. The "rare because of a LACK of a signature" thing is never going to hold any water and in the end, as a fan and collector, you'll regret not having Adam's on there.
elp5000
My pain is just an excuse

Post by elp5000 »

Got my cd's today.. Damn, these things are packed tighter then a virgins.....  I feel like the packaging will get torn up while trying to get the goodies out..

;-}~
ilikefoofighters
Bronco's Fan

I emailed tool last night and they have already responded, in less than 12 hours. They apologized and said I could send it back but they weren't sure when Adam could be back in to sign in it. Impressed

The more I thinkabout it though, I have a couple of them and almost just want to keep the one missing signature because it is special.

What would you guys do if it was yours?
thablakester
Bronco's Fan

Post by thablakester »

I received mine today & I live on the East Coast near Jax. Mine came with 2 Certificates of Authenticity but neither of them included the official seal. I e-mailed merch about getting 2 of them and asked if they wanted me to send 1 back (would it be worth e-mailing them about the official seal not being included on either one?)

Mine has all 4 signatures woohoo!

My USB drive does nothing no matter what computer I put it into (Mac or PC) and maybe this is because the ziploc baggie it comes in blatantly says Made in China on the outside (then again, maybe the bag was made in China...we'll never know...) Question...when I look at the metal connections of the USB drive, it doesn't look anything like the SD chip connections I'm used to seeing...Is this because it's some newer type of USB card or does anybody know? It could be something that we'll all find out one day kind of like what's on the strip of the TA member cards...

As far as the CD goes, meh...sounds just like the original. (not a complaint, just an observation...)

I LOVE having new artwork that's not the EXACT same kind of work done by AG. Don't get me wrong, I respect Alex and I contributed to the 10,000 Fans fund but all his artwork is so alike and I'm happy to see the band coming out with something slightly different. To me, it's like a mixture of the old AJ artwork from the good ol' days & a little AG artwork combined.

That's about enough for now...

Here's my 2 CoA's:

ilikefoofighters
Bronco's Fan

I did receive the USB card, everything was in there just missing the signature.
thablakester
Bronco's Fan

Post by thablakester »

ilikefoofighters said
I did receive the USB card, everything was in there just missing the signature.

Anything on the card that you could find?

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

ilikefoofighters said
I emailed tool last night and they have already responded, in less than 12 hours. They apologized and said I could send it back but they weren't sure when Adam could be back in to sign in it. Impressed

The more I thinkabout it though, I have a couple of them and almost just want to keep the one missing signature because it is special.

What would you guys do if it was yours?

For $150 I'd be pretty keen to make sure each was signed.  Then again I guess if I had a whole bunch of them I would probably not care so much.  I don't buy into the argument that one missing a signature will be more collectible, and if it were sent back in to have the signature replace, you never know what else Adam may do to it...
JimmyRussells
Maynard Believer

Post by JimmyRussells »

To everyone receiving theirs: Were you all TA presales? Has anyone in the general sale received theirs yet?
thablakester
Bronco's Fan

Post by thablakester »

JimmyR, I bought mine a few hours after they released them to TA & I got mine today. I live on the East Coast & I know they shipped from CA. I also got a confirmation e-mail when they shipped it...
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

I'd say get the damn signature... It's not worth it to not have it.
Black light every single case for those of you that have multiple orders.
As for the USB drive... It sounds like it's not USB at all? I mean... USB is USB from ver 1.0-3.0. They all look very similar.
There is a possiblity there's something going on there but for all of you to get nothing out of it... Hmmm...
When you plug it in does it pop up and say something about the format?

Or does the drive pop up and when you double click it there's just simply nothing inside? Maybe that's where they hid the golden tix that's all I can think if they are empty?

GET THE FUCKING SIGNATURE DON'T .NOT. GET IT!
thablakester
Bronco's Fan

Post by thablakester »

When the USB card is put into the computer (and for the record, it looks nothing like any USB card I've ever seen before) nothing happens. There's no sound indicating that something has been inserted into the port, there's no additional drive recognized by Windows Explorer....nada, zilch, AND....you may be onto something with the prize packs being hidden on those drives....if only the "drives" actually worked
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

I've got to assume your plugging it in upside down. You have to make sure the contacts touch the ones inside the port.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Let's not forget it was listed as a novelty USB.  While I expect it should work, I wouldn't be using it for any serious data storage.
thablakester
Bronco's Fan

Post by thablakester »

Has anybody else noticed that on the outermost part of the packaging itself, there's a seal that has the # 500 on it and it looks like it may be some kind of old seal or maybe an error in the print because on mine it looks as if there's supposed to be a number that goes above the line that's above the number 500. You can't see the line very well above the "500" in this pic but it's there...thoughts?