Opiate Reissue arriving soon!

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Ah you knoe what, I must admit I didn't read what he/she wrote. I was merely defending his/her right to state an opinion despite his/her low post count.

That is a pretty dumb oversight on my part, though I stand by the "post count shouldn't matter" stance.

This is why I normally stay away from threads like this!
Hey! Denty!
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Anyways.......to the people that ordered on the 26th did you get an email saying it was shipped before it arrived?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said
Also, reading a post on Toolnavy today suggests that not all Opiates have been sent out yet, as there was a delay getting them signed by the band members.

You didn't need to go to Toolnavy for that.  Someone posted it here too.
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig said
Ah you knoe what, I must admit I didn't read what he/she wrote. I was merely defending his/her right to state an opinion despite his/her low post count.

That is a pretty dumb oversight on my part, though I stand by the "post count shouldn't matter" stance.

Right on. You're one of the regulars, and people know you.

And it's all good, in my eyes. There's no oversight whatsoever when you're writing decent essays and kickin' academic ass.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

SHbassGTR said
Also in DFW (we actually ran into each other at the last Deftones show) and they changed my status to "shipped" but still no e-mail. Here's hoping I'll have it by Friday at the latest.

Hi there. I remember seeing you there as well.  Haven't seen you post in a while though.

I rechecked my email order confirmation and it seems that my billing address is listed on the email, but the shipping address field is blank.  So I am thinking that that is the reason why I haven't gotten an email confirmation.  I placed a call to the number listed on my bank account (818)847-1233 and it the TB merch line.  Left a message (like probably 100's of others have) stating my order and customer number and that they can ship it to the billing address.

I seem to remember during checkout that there was a check box for "shipping same as billing" so I figured that would be enough information to get it out to me.

Final note: I am beginning to think that this golden ticket is a sham.  One of us on here should have gotten it by now with the 1 in 88 odds.

Has anyone spammed Blair yet to ask for more information or an update on possible winners?

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
bag-a-bones
My pain is just an excuse

Post by bag-a-bones »

azbay said
Anyways.......to the people that ordered on the 26th did you get an email saying it was shipped before it arrived?

Yes
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The Boss said

Ravenpig said

Right on. You're one of the regulars, and people know you.

And it's all good, in my eyes. There's no oversight whatsoever when you're writing decent essays and kickin' academic ass.

Let's hope so.  I'm getting some feedback today from my Professor, actually.  Anyway I'll bow out of this thread cause I'm off topic now.

I hope everyone enjoys their new Opiate!
Hey! Denty!
IIToolboxII
Bronco's Fan

Post by IIToolboxII »

bigboy55693 said

Final note: I am beginning to think that this golden ticket is a sham.  One of us on here should have gotten it by now with the 1 in 88 odds.

That was only the odds for ilikefoofighters, considering that they ordered 12 copies total with 3,3,2,2,2 of their respective versions.

For those that only ordered one copy of one version, assuming that you are unaware of the presence of opened copies of that version that did not contain a ticket, your odds are 1 in 1000.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Sweet thanks bag a bones, actually just received the email on it's way
Bjeffv
Maynard Believer

Post by Bjeffv »

I bought 1 version of each.  None had a ticket, you could add that in to the odds calculation.

I would have thought by now there would have been a winner talking about it on the forum.
njbrey15
Maynard Believer

Post by njbrey15 »

toolphishdhs - post count means nothing and sorry but its people like you and crow that keep people like me from having a couple hundred posts and a "valid" opinion.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

^ dude take it to the grudge
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I'd like to counter your earlier reply, Crow, with... at what point did we all kind of lose sight of the fact that pleasing fans was never really these guys' M.O.? I don't think it makes them dicks or anything.

The Tool I grew to love didn't give a shit outside of a) pleasing themselves and making the best music they could which, b) translates into a good experience for the fans because the show/music is fucking awesome.

I think we all know the answer is somewhere in the middle. They're musicians who have always operated Tool as a very selfish endeavor meant to please them as artists, first and foremost. They are lazy. Some of them anyway. They don't have a huge management operation hovering overhead, and sometimes mistakes get made (in this case, a couple of missed signatures). It's honestly not all that hard to do, even for the most astute and "put together" musician. Even though 5K is a very small run, it's still huge and very easy to miss a few.

We've covered the $150 thing ad nauseum as well, and I don't think that makes them dicks either. I'd rather they were scooping up the money from those who are willing to pay it on the front end, rather than eBay scalpers who would do the same just for being opportunist scumbags. In once sense, that price point really worked. Actual fans that REALLY wanted it got it, for the most part. I think most opportunist scalper types said "fuck this" and didn't bother.

And then to come back to your very direct point regarding kiddy-fiddling, I'm honestly not sure. Needless to say, I fucking abhor that behavior and probably would never be able to see them in concert again. But... I still love Roman Polanski films, you know? There's something to be said for separating the art from the artist.
eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

Ordered on 3/26 at about 11 am eastern time.Just received an email confirmation of having shipped.
aktoolhead
Maynard Believer

Post by aktoolhead »

they probly do this shit on purpose and don't give a fuck.  If I was a member of this band I would be really annoyed by my fans.

I can see why Maynard acts the way he does and don't blame him one bit.  When people say things like "maynard is god" its no wonder he keeps his distance.  just listen to how he talks about his "fans" on the joe rogan podcast.

remember it said orders will be delivered 3-6 weeks.  Its only been 3 weeks and the majority got theirs.  So I would say that's pretty good time for the US postal service.

I already posted that I got mine and I live in the middle of nowhere in Soldotna, Alaska.  3 weeks is pretty fast for mail to come here.  And im pretty sure I live in the most remote area in the US that one of these packages had to to travel to.

and having 2 Adam Signatures only make your copy more unique.

-spiral out.  Soldotna, Alaska  
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Ordered 3-26 within at 9:10CST.  Just got my shipped email confirmation today... finally
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

my version 1 came in today.......0962/1000    no golden ticket.......i am happy with everything......great stuff....
go taff!
bag-a-bones
My pain is just an excuse

Post by bag-a-bones »

aktoolhead said
they probly do this shit on purpose and don't give a fuck.  If I was a member of this band I would be really annoyed by my fans.

I can see why Maynard acts the way he does and don't blame him one bit.  When people say things like "maynard is god" its no wonder he keeps his distance.  just listen to how he talks about his "fans" on the joe rogan podcast.

remember it said orders will be delivered 3-6 weeks.  Its only been 3 weeks and the majority got theirs.  So I would say that's pretty good time for the US postal service.

I already posted that I got mine and I live in the middle of nowhere in Soldotna, Alaska.  3 weeks is pretty fast for mail to come here.  And im pretty sure I live in the most remote area in the US that one of these packages had to to travel to.

and having 2 Adam Signatures only make your copy more unique.

-spiral out.  Soldotna, Alaska  

I agree........and am pleased with the 2 sig. reissue
Minus Maynard
Maynard Believer

Post by Minus Maynard »

eyepod said
Ordered on 3/26 at about 11 am eastern time.Just received an email confirmation of having shipped.

What the fuck. I ordered mine at 0500 central time and am still fucking waiting...
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

I got my order from TA yesterday, i'm in Vic. Ordered versions 1, 3 ,& 5 and is stated on the invoice correct. Only received versions 3 & 5. Hoping the other copy is coming separately. The bubble envelope can only fit 2 copies anyway, and states QTY 2 on the sticker. I emailed politely asking if this is the case.

At least all signatures are there. No imprinted stamps/seals as stated on the Cert of Authenticity. 

lettherabbitswearglasses
Maynard Believer

Post by lettherabbitswearglasses »

Hello everyone,

I must say I have read this site for quite a while and am well aware of all the cool characters on here.  I ordered my 21st ann. Opiate on the public sale at 7 a.m. PST and I just got my confirmation email about it shipping.  In all honesty, what do you guys think the 5 winners of the seal will get?  I, personally, hope that they would send you to a show and maybe throw in a few cool personal items or goodies. I know that there's probably no chance that any of the 5 winners will get to meet all 4 members, but maybe it would be cool if you got to chat with at least one of them (Danny, Adam, Justin).  Lastly, I really do hope that there is something within the USB but I am starting to highly doubt it.  It seems silly that they would throw in a blank USB, but that's just me.  
unclezoso
Maynard Believer

Post by unclezoso »

I was surprised to receive mine yesterday as I live in Finland. Maybe not worth 150$ but pretty cool stuff nonetheless

I just wonder why did I choose the version that has a chicken on the sticker (#1)

bill462
Bronco's Fan

Post by bill462 »

I like the idea of the usb dealie.  I will put as much Tool on it as possible and stick it in a Faraday Cage.
Sargath
Maynard Believer

Post by Sargath »

unclezoso said
I was surprised to receive mine yesterday as I live in Finland. Maybe not worth 150$ but pretty cool stuff nonetheless

I just wonder why did I choose the version that has a chicken on the sticker (#1)

Ahh, I haven't gotten an email or anything saying mine is sent. I live in Norway and still got nothing. Anyone else outside the U.S who haven't recieved theirs yet?