Bronco's Fan

Post by Korax »

Mine just shipped.  Aw yeah.
else
Maynard Believer

Post by else »

eyepod said

else said
I've lurked here for a while, but I might as well throw in my two cents. I ordered from the public sale on the 26th around 8:30am. My card was charged on 4/4 and I received an email that my order shipped on 4/18. I haven't received the order yet and found some disturbing info this morning. I haven't heard anyone mention anything like this, so I'm hoping I didn't get completely screwed over here. The tracking number I received didn't have any information available when I received it on the 18th, stating it would only be available after the package was delivered.

So, today I checked the status and it says the item was delivered to the wrong state. I have no idea what address it was actually sent to, just the city and state. Nowhere in my order or account is there anything other than my billing/shipping address, so my only hope is that they got the tracking numbers mixed up. How likely does that seem? I just can't imagine why else my order would have been sent to a completely (seemingly) random address unassociated with my account and order.

I've contacted merch about this, and I'll wait until the mail arrives today before panicking.

Did the tracking say Delivered or shipped?

Delivered at 12:03pm
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ else - I think you may be screwed.  Just checked my USPS tracking info on Toolband/Store and it is accurately showing the dates and locations through the delivery cycle.  It still shows mine out for delivery, with my correct city/state, but I'm sure it will update later with DELIVERED (received it today).  Sounds like they either sent yours somewhere else, or like you guessed, maybe associated the wrong USPS tracking number with your order.  Hope it's the latter for your sake.  Good luck.
Ki77aan :twisted:
eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

Kittaan said
Just got my buddy's copy in the mail.  Like others have reported: Comes in a simple padded envelope, no other protection, but it arrived in good shape.  It is a bitch and a half to get shit out of that package.  No Golden Ticket, and no surprise there.  The cert did have an embossed seal.  All four sigs were there and un-smudged.  The USB card works fine, but I was surprised to find it was only 4GB - thought someone mentioned 16GB?  Either way, totally useless.  It was blank as everyone already knows.  What a sham(e).

Since Hellboy and others have already confirmed there's no point in even bothering listening to the CD, I'll just put it all back together and get it to my friend when he's back.

Disappointed, but not surprised.

If you are looking for some false hope to temper your disapointment,consider that it is not difficult to completely conceal and encrypt a partition on a drive.Invisible until properly decrypted.

Unfortunately,I doubt this is the case.The least the could have done was throw a few pics from the loft on there or something.
eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

else said

eyepod said

else said
I've lurked here for a while, but I might as well throw in my two cents. I ordered from the public sale on the 26th around 8:30am. My card was charged on 4/4 and I received an email that my order shipped on 4/18. I haven't received the order yet and found some disturbing info this morning. I haven't heard anyone mention anything like this, so I'm hoping I didn't get completely screwed over here. The tracking number I received didn't have any information available when I received it on the 18th, stating it would only be available after the package was delivered.

So, today I checked the status and it says the item was delivered to the wrong state. I have no idea what address it was actually sent to, just the city and state. Nowhere in my order or account is there anything other than my billing/shipping address, so my only hope is that they got the tracking numbers mixed up. How likely does that seem? I just can't imagine why else my order would have been sent to a completely (seemingly) random address unassociated with my account and order.

I've contacted merch about this, and I'll wait until the mail arrives today before panicking.

Not good....somebody has your copy.
IIToolboxII
Bronco's Fan

Post by IIToolboxII »

TAoutsider said
The only doodle is something Danny did – a circle within a triangle with a dot in the center?

that's not a doodle. Danny always has that in his sig.

Actually, he may not be talking about the signature "circled star" that DC always signs with.

The V2 I received has that, plus he scrawled a heptagram right underneath his name.

I believe "scrawled" is a more accurate description than "doodled" in this case.

Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Got the one I ordered from Toolarmy today (#3)...looks good; even has the purple signature from Danny. The one I got from nudges had a silver/purple Danny signature. No golden ticket though.

Also...the package is an absolute pain in the ass to get in and out.

dudhead15
Maynard Believer

Post by dudhead15 »

Finally got mine today. You buggers had lowered my expectations, but after receiving it I can say that I am fully satisfied. My COA doesn't have the embossed seal, though...

There is a weird purple thing on the goodies-envelope that I'm going to see if it glows under a black-light.
else
Maynard Believer

Post by else »

eyepod said

else said

eyepod said

else said

Not good....somebody has your copy.

Copies! I sincerely hope they just gave me the wrong tracking number. If not, I have no idea how (or even if) they'd go about trying to recover the package from whoever they mailed it to. And if that package is lost, seems pretty slim that they'd have even MORE extra copies to fulfill my order, so I might be totally screwed. It's hard to remain optimistic with the number of problems that have already been reported.
Outsider
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Outsider »

IIToolboxII said

TAoutsider said
The only doodle is something Danny did – a circle within a triangle with a dot in the center?

Actually, he may not be talking about the signature "circled star" that DC always signs with.

The V2 I received has that, plus he scrawled a heptagram right underneath his name.

I believe "scrawled" is a more accurate description than "doodled" in this case.

OK i would agree that is a doodle. i just thought you ment the one he usually sings with his name since adam is usually the one doodling.

Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

else said

Copies! I sincerely hope they just gave me the wrong tracking number. If not, I have no idea how (or even if) they'd go about trying to recover the package from whoever they mailed it to. And if that package is lost, seems pretty slim that they'd have even MORE extra copies to fulfill my order, so I might be totally screwed. It's hard to remain optimistic with the number of problems that have already been reported.

Sounds like a bad deal- I hope it works out for you!
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Finally got my version 5 today. 

374/1000

No embossed stamp on COA

Has all 4 sigs in good shape.  No doodles by anyone.

Packaging is definitely a PITA.  I took my CD out first and the other inserts came out a lot easier after that.

Question:  Do I just "break" the USB card off of its holder?  I don't want to fracture the large holder or the USB stick...

Looked at all the pictures/art.  Enjoyed them.  Put everything back together and now it will sit for years in the padded envelope it came in.

One thing I feel compelled to remind people of in case it slipped your mind:

If you are going to store your copy in the padded envelope that it came in you might want to buy some acid free tissue paper or acid free kraft paper so that the signatures don't get scratched and they wont fade as fast from interactions with the plastic of the bubble wrap. Acid free tissue paper is uber cheap on eBay (your local craft store probably wont have it so buy it via eBay) and it can be used to store all sorts of things more safely than with other storage wraps.

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

bigboy55693 said
Question:  Do I just "break" the USB card off of its holder?  I don't want to fracture the large holder or the USB stick...

Don't break anything. It's like a door. Just open it up. It's on a hinge pin. 
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Also to the dude with the wrong/misdelivered tacking number.

I would contact USPS and confirm delivery with the tracking number.

They should have a record of the tracking number in their system and the delivery address associated with that number should also be in their system.

If it was addressed to you and misdelivered to a wrong address they can probably get it back if you prove you are supposed to be the true recipient.

Also, tracked priority mail is insured to some degree so you might be able to get some cash back from USPS if it is truly lost.

I'm going with merch sent you the wrong tracking number.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

nxrm said

bigboy55693 said

It's like a door. Just open it up. A hinge/pin. 

Thanks.

I was going to break it off like a kit-kat bar.  Now I will gingerly approach of opening the door.

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

boredboredbored
Maynard Believer

Post by boredboredbored »

DELETE
Monolith NZ
Bronco's Fan

Post by Monolith NZ »

Hey guys. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've contacted Tool merch as I'm growing concerned about my order. It's easier for me to post my email rather than retype the situation. Does anybody have any thoughts? Keep in mind that I'm in New Zealand, so I would expect slightly longer shipping times than normal

On the 22/3/13 I signed up to Toolarmy and purchased the Opiate re-issue Number 1. On the first of April I received an email indicating that the Reissue had been shipped (78016). Just yesterday my membership package arrived after I received an email 5 days ago indicating that It was shipped. I'm still waiting on the Re-issue - and I just saw that the order status on the website has now changed to "new" and I'm not sure if you've actually sent it out. If the other package can get here in ~5 days why is the re-issue taking so long? I'm simply concerned - especially about the updated order status. Are you able to provide me with a tracking number for the reissue? Can you confirm that it has been shipped?

Thanks a lot

nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

^I wouldn't worry at this point. As stated on the site they're still being shipped. Guaranteed you'll receive another email when it's actually been mailed. The TA shop notification updates are buggy. Always have been.

There are probably only two or three people handling the merch too. Four to six weeks is pretty standard for them.
Monolith NZ
Bronco's Fan

Post by Monolith NZ »

nxrm said
^I wouldn't worry at this point. As stated on the site they're still being shipped. Guaranteed you'll receive another email when it's actually been mailed. The TA shop notification updates are buggy. Always have been.

There are probably only two or three people handling the merch too. Four to six weeks is pretty standard for them.

Thanks a lot nxrm. That's really helpful. I guess patience is key at the moment!

Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

Monolith NZ said

nxrm said

Thanks a lot nxrm. That's really helpful. I guess patience is key at the moment!

Wow you got your membership pack early. They normally take 6 months!

Sorry to hear you wasted your money joining TA brother...
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

IIToolboxII said

TAoutsider said

Yes, that's what I'm referring to... the heptagram. Or at least DC's rende... I mean scrawling of.
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

Kittaan said
Just got my buddy's copy in the mail.  Like others have reported: Comes in a simple padded envelope, no other protection, but it arrived in good shape.  It is a bitch and a half to get shit out of that package.  No Golden Ticket, and no surprise there.  The cert did have an embossed seal.  All four sigs were there and un-smudged.  The USB card works fine, but I was surprised to find it was only 4GB - thought someone mentioned 16GB?  Either way, totally useless.  It was blank as everyone already knows.  What a sham(e).

Since Hellboy and others have already confirmed there's no point in even bothering listening to the CD, I'll just put it all back together and get it to my friend when he's back.

Disappointed, but not surprised.

What if there was a golden ticket in your mates copy?!?
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Well I doubt kittaan is a piece of shit so he'd give it to him
IIToolboxII
Bronco's Fan

Post by IIToolboxII »

Now this is happening:

Not mine, just found it in the nets.

They're making the rounds, I see.