Opiate Reissue arriving soon!

lipanconjuring
of Arimathea

Post by lipanconjuring »

I made a 600x600 cover artwork image from one of the scans of the reissue contents someone posted earlier, if anyone wants to tag their Opiate album in iTunes or whatever with it. I just did it for me, but its here if anyone else wants it, too.

The original scan wasn't the best quality, so I just applied a light oil painting filter and some subtle sandstone texture in Photoshop CS6 to remove the noise and artifacts.
mnb808
Maynard Believer

Post by mnb808 »

I finally just got a tracking number yesterday and should hopefully receive it tomorrow.  Has anybody found a Seal of Xatanitos yet?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

mnb808 said
Has anybody found a Seal of Xatanitos yet?

From the April Newsletter:

...as far as I know, so far, only two or three winners have been randomly selected. One of these lucky folks resides in one of the Carolinas (I don't remember if North or South), and another in San Francisco. I think the third winner is somewhere in Europe. At any rate, those who win will know by a second, different certificate of authenticity that clearly indicates that the recipient possesses the "Seal of Xantanitos." The winners will probably also get a phone call from MERCH asking if they'd like to take a photo of themselves with the golden seal in case we want to post it on the website.

Incidentally, the photo that I took of Buzz of the Melvins holding the fake golden seal - I hastily made that by wrapping the golden foil of a Rollo candy bar (purchased at a nearby gas station) over a ToolArmy card, and gluing some colorful symbol onto it. I only had a few minutes to do all this - and it was Buzz's idea to name the winner Deke Rivers, which was the name of a character that Elvis Presley played in his second film. Buzz also insisted that the 'winner' be an "unemployed" truck driver. If you look close at the photo, you can see the remainder of the Rollo candy wrapper in Buzz's front pocket.

Ki77aan :twisted:
mnb808
Maynard Believer

Post by mnb808 »

Thanks Kittaan!  But what does the Seal entitle the winner to?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Nobody knows.  I'm not even sure Tool knows...
Ki77aan :twisted:
mnb808
Maynard Believer

Post by mnb808 »

Hahaha.  Thanks.  I wonder if each of the Seals is included in #666 of 1000 of each version.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

mnb808 said

Nobody knows.

Blair said "The winners will probably also get a phone call from MERCH asking if they'd like to take a photo of themselves with the golden seal in case we want to post it on the website."

That is such an open ended sentence with 'probably' and 'in case we' that it makes me laugh. 

If I was in charge of this "contest" I would require picture proof and make prize acceptance mandatory on publishing the picture.

This isn't a multi-million dollar lottery (where winners really do have to fear for people knowing who and where they are) its probably just a meet and greet with 3 band members who might care, and a smug asshole who will sit brooding in the corner.

Until I see pictures of the winners and their winning certificates then I am inclined to call another round of bulsh on BMB.

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
mnb808
Maynard Believer

Post by mnb808 »

Thanks BigBoy!  I guess we'll see.  My shipment is coming today per the info on the tracking number I was provided.  I'll post an update later of what I received as far as the embossed seal and the signatures. 

BTW, for those who still haven't received their order yet, I sent in a couple of emails to orders@toolband.com asking where mine was since I hadn't received it yet, and I also didn't get a response.  But then (coincidentally?) after I called the 818 number and left a message about my order, I received a confirmation email the next day of my shipment and was provided the tracking number.  So I do think that calling helped expedite my order!
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

mnb808 said But then (coincidentally?) after I called the 818 number and left a message about my order, I received a confirmation email the next day of my shipment and was provided the tracking number
That is how it worked out for my order (received 2 weeks ago) as well.

I would hope/think it is just coincidence.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
mnb808
Maynard Believer

Post by mnb808 »

I just got it! Version 3, #355 of 1000. It is signed by all 4 band members, but there doesn't seem to be an embossed seal on my COA. Mine was also busting at the seam and it actually came apart, so I had to press it back together. Despite that, I'm impressed. I always love their crazy packaging and to me this doesn't disappoint. I dig the new book, the CD & goodie bag sleeves and especially like the lenticular and new stereoscopic card.  A little pricey for what it is, but not really when you consider the limited edition, authentic signatures, and all of the extras.

No Seal of Xatanitos for me though.  Oh well.  I'm still happy with what I got.
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Just got my email shipping confirmation today. I must have been one of the last to receive one.

Typical..

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Not sure why everyone is so quick to "call out" Blair and the Golden Tickets being bullshit, when Adam has mentioned them in interviews himself.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

bigboy55693 said

mnb808 said

Nobody knows.

Blair said "The winners will probably also get a phone call from MERCH asking if they'd like to take a photo of themselves with the golden seal in case we want to post it on the website."

That is such an open ended sentence with 'probably' and 'in case we' that it makes me laugh. 

If I was in charge of this "contest" I would require picture proof and make prize acceptance mandatory on publishing the picture.

This isn't a multi-million dollar lottery (where winners really do have to fear for people knowing who and where they are) its probably just a meet and greet with 3 band members who might care, and a smug asshole who will sit brooding in the corner.

Until I see pictures of the winners and their winning certificates then I am inclined to call another round of bulsh on BMB.

Um wouldn't they KNOW who they mailed the tickets to? As in, they know that numbers 50, 51, 52, 53, and 54 have the tickets in them - and they know who they sent them out to?

I mean, right? Isn't that how you would do it?
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
IIToolboxII
Bronco's Fan

Post by IIToolboxII »

Tony Fuckin' Danza said:

Um wouldn't they KNOW who they mailed the tickets to? As in, they know that numbers 50, 51, 52, 53, and 54 have the tickets in them – and they know who they sent them out to?

Agreed. I brought that up on the Golden Ticket thread. Regardless of how much of a clusterfuck the shipment process was, they have to have recorded data on five of the releases. Right? Eh? Ehhhh?!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

IIToolboxII said

Tony Fuckin' Danza said:

Um wouldn't they KNOW who they mailed the tickets to? As in, they know that numbers 50, 51, 52, 53, and 54 have the tickets in them – and they know who they sent them out to?

Agreed. I brought that up on the Golden Ticket thread. Regardless of how much of a clusterfuck the shipment process was, they have to have recorded data on five of the releases. Right? Eh? Ehhhh?!

It makes too much sense for even an idiot to fuck up.

oias.heeda
Maynard Believer

Post by oias.heeda »

Just went to Sydney show.  They  have this ep  selling for$1000.  That's right $1000!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

oias.heeda said
 Just went to Sydney show.  They  have this ep  selling for$1000.  That's right $1000!

Pics or it didn't happen. I'm not fucking around. I refuse to believe that TOOL would be that exploitative.

Troll is hoping to be epic.

levba
My pain is just an excuse

Post by levba »

oias.heeda said

I believe that was for all 5 versions.  Still above cost though.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

levba said

oias.heeda said

I believe that was for all 5 versions.  Still above cost though.

Ah, that makes total sense.

Yeah, pretty steep. But, we live in a capitalist society . . .

bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

IIToolboxII said

Agreed. I brought that up on the Golden Ticket thread. Regardless of how much of a clusterfuck the shipment process was, they have to have recorded data on five of the releases. Right? Eh? Ehhhh

One would think that, but one would also think that they would be able to get all 5K out in a timely manner (maybe even get pre-sales out before regular sales) without a trickle effect at the end. I go to the post office pretty regularly and I have met and talked with a guy who does national mailing lists for his home business.  He said he mails out 7-10K mailing once a month.  He said he can get them all folded, put into an envelope, address label affixed, and stamped all in less than a week.  So two people with 5K should be no problem?  Just saying...

I would imagine that they did know who they were sending them to, but if that was the case, then why didn't Blair say "we sent the tickets to NC or SC, San Fran, Europe, and fill in the blank with two other places."

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

oias.heeda said

I don't like it.  Heard the signed poster prices were also jacked up.
oias.heeda
Maynard Believer

Post by oias.heeda »

I will post a pic up when I get home later.  not the greatest pic as March desk was packed and I was laughing my head off at how insane the price was.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Blair just posted that all 5 winners have been verified. What a random collection of places, even the 3 U. S. states.
Hey! Denty!