Opiate Reissue arriving soon!

SHbassGTR
Maynard Believer

Post by SHbassGTR »

bigboy55693 said
Nice two signature copy you got there.

Guess that happens when you have them all laid out next to each other without a space open between them to show one from the other?

Also in other news; still here in DFW and without a shipping confirmation email or a copy in my hand.

C'mon man, AK and the midwest have theirs.  Why no TX?

Also in DFW (we actually ran into each other at the last Deftones show) and they changed my status to "shipped" but still no e-mail. Here's hoping I'll have it by Friday at the latest.

Logic
Maynard Believer

Post by Logic »

@The Boss: For starters, you didn't even buy this edition, yet you somehow feel like they've done some great injustice to not only you, but the world as well. Even going as far as boasting that you're going to pirate their records from here on out as if you don't already. You do realize the band has to pay the artist, the merch staff, for materials and labor, etc? They had to take time to sign five thousand copies (or approximately that many in Adam's case). Seriously, that needs to be rectified, albeit it's completely ridiculous to act like mistakes won't happen when signing that many copies. They could have simply mass produced a reissue with standard printing procedures, not signed it, and sold a couple hundred thousand copies at a much lower price. That would have made them a lot more money and it would have been a heck of a lot easier, but then it wouldn't be an exclusive for the die hards. 

Personally I'm not a memorabilia collector, I'm just giving you some clear "perspective" because it's obvious that you're the kind of person who misses the forrest for the trees due to some misplaced sense of entitlement. 
NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

Yeah, I feel that the apparent "Boss" (need I say more) just needs to spend a week or so in the tropics, relax a bit. Shake it all off. I think that, as a band, they're delivering - solidly. Anyway, I ordered version 2 on the public sale date yet still no conformation of delivery. I'm not fazed however, as I do live in New Zealand. Seeing them live in May too. So pumped.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Those waiting for their Opiates should be happy - each day that we hear people recieving them and no word of Golden Tickets implies that the odds of you getting one are shorter and shorter each day.

Also, reading a post on Toolnavy today suggests that not all Opiates have been sent out yet, as there was a delay getting them signed by the band members.  I can understand some peoples frustration in the time taken to get these out to them, but patience is needed for now.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

The Boss said

hellboy1975 said

The Boss said 
Holy shit, they're the worst. They will let their idols get away with anything, and defend every stupid little thing.

As opposed to making a big deal of every stupid little thing?

Someone needs to provide some perspective in this place. Nothing wrong with digging the band's music (which I obviously do) - but stretching out to pretty much giving the entire band and associated peoples oral everytime fingertips go to keyboard in this place is fucking disturbing.

I'm glad there is someone to give some perspective, but seriously, this isn't it.  Complaining about ticket prices, overpriced Opiates, VIP passes, lack of website updates, treating fans like idiots - all worthy topics regardless of whether I agree with that opinion or not.

Complaining that Adam signed something twice and is retarded and a horrible person?  There's no perspective in that.

Anyway, I'm done with this argument.

Me too, but I will say this: He's signing pieces of cardboard, not designing skyscrapers. If you're unable to properly sign a bunch of cardboard for the whopping amount of cash that he was making, that would put you in the "legally retarded" field, in my book.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Logic said
@The Boss: For starters, you didn't even buy this edition, yet you somehow feel like they've done some great injustice to not only you, but the world as well. Even going as far as boasting that you're going to pirate their records from here on out as if you don't already. You do realize the band has to pay the artist, the merch staff, for materials and labor, etc? They had to take time to sign five thousand copies (or approximately that many in Adam's case). Seriously, that needs to be rectified, albeit it's completely ridiculous to act like mistakes won't happen when signing that many copies. They could have simply mass produced a reissue with standard printing procedures, not signed it, and sold a couple hundred thousand copies at a much lower price. That would have made them a lot more money and it would have been a heck of a lot easier, but then it wouldn't be an exclusive for the die hards. 

Personally I'm not a memorabilia collector, I'm just giving you some clear "perspective" because it's obvious that you're the kind of person who misses the forrest for the trees due to some misplaced sense of entitlement. 

I'm failing to see your point, whoever-you-are. He was signing pieces of fucking cardboard. How difficult could that possibly be? Yeah, it would've taken some time, but it's a fucking job. Get it right the first time, or don't bother.

Logic
Maynard Believer

Post by Logic »

I'm new here and I'm already seeing a recurring theme of you failing to see the point, which is truly a waste of a conversation.

Good day. 
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Logic said
I'm new here and I'm already seeing a recurring theme of you failing to see the point, which is truly a waste of a conversation.

Good day. 

Yes, I must "fail to see the point" because we have different opinions on your idol.

Indeed. Good day, "Logic" (classic name, by the way).
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

I received an email from merch yesterday staying that my order has shipped. I purchased around 730 AM est on the 26th.
bag-a-bones
My pain is just an excuse

Post by bag-a-bones »

IMO.......the reissue is worth the $150
njbrey15
Maynard Believer

Post by njbrey15 »

Crow, the act is just so tired and played out. We hear you! All you do is piss and whine about EVERYTHING, it gets old man. I know I'm only "new" here, but it seems very few people think as highly of you as you think of yourself.
Also, why does every thread on here have to get so fucked up because of you?
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Crow's not so bad once you get past the initial bite.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

njbrey15 said
Crow, the act is just so tired and played out. We hear you! All you do is piss and whine about EVERYTHING, it gets old man. I know I'm only "new" here, but it seems very few people think as highly of you as you think of yourself.

For some reason, people tend to ignore the positive, beautiful, things I say. That's cool, I guess.

And I don't think that highly of myself. Sure, I think I am a higher quality of human being than many, many, people on this planet - but almost because of that, I think I'm the worst person on the planet. I know. I'm complex.

Most threads here are open blowjobs to members of the band. I dig the music. I really do. But the way many of you carry on in this forum is fucking disturbing. Call it what you want, but as fans of great music, I think we should all be honest, and just be happy.

Also, I post as much as I do, because I'm a loser who doesn't have any friends. I thought that was obvious.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

lachrymologist said
I received an email from merch yesterday staying that my order has shipped. I purchased around 730 AM est on the 26th.

Interesting.  I got my order in about 4 hours after you.  Hopefully that means I'll see something from them soon.

With all this talk of no confirmed Golden Tickets yet, and increased potential probabilities.... nah, I never win anything... besides, since I bought this for a friend, that would be very awkward.  
Ki77aan :twisted:
bag-a-bones
My pain is just an excuse

Post by bag-a-bones »

toolphishdhs said
If you really think this release was worth $150 then i have some ocean front property in Idaho to sell you. Beautiful views of the ocean 360 degrees around. Would it help knowing that each member of Tool personally jacked off on one of the walls and comes with a nude picture of NARD fucking a wine bottle hanging in the living room.  

Tool fans are hilarious!!! (and a bit pathetic, but hey weve all got problems, right?)  

PS  YOU CAN LIKE A BAND'S MUSIC AND NOT LIKE THE BAND THEMSELVES. this would be the case with all the logical people on this board.    

oh and i know this is gonna get thrown over to the Grudge. SO FUCK YOU. AND FUCK TOOL.

Post said IMO.......not interested in ur stuff though.....keep it.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

toolphishdhs said

njbrey15 said

hey 4 posts. STFU

Using your logic I can say "hey 178 posts.  STFU."

We get it already, you don't like the members of Tool.  Change the record.

Hey! Denty!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

/

This? This is called going way too far in the opposite direction. Also, being a hopeless optimist is far better than being... well, I won't get colorful here. We'll just say "negative."

Sure, a little grounded reality is welcome. But stretching it to pedophilia and shit? Come on.

edit: Whoops, waited a bit too long to actually post that. Ha. I think we can all tell who I'm referring to though.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig said

toolphishdhs said

njbrey15 said

hey 4 posts. STFU

I dig you, dude, in a big way - but that doesn't make any sense.

Tha Phish was remarking on how this dude can have an opinion (even after being a lurker) with only four posts. Which is pretty rude, really.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

joeypants said
/

This? This is called going way too far in the opposite direction. Also, being a hopeless optimist is far better than being... well, I won't get colorful here. We'll just say "negative."

Sure, a little grounded reality is welcome. But stretching it to pedophilia and shit? Come on.

edit: Whoops, waited a bit too long to actually post that. Ha. I think we can all tell who I'm referring to though.

Just trying to prove a point.

Haven't heard a decent rebuttal since that post, either, by the way.

Once again: What will it take? Dudes charge $150 for an EP you already own, limit it to 5,000, and then still manage to fuck it up.

What will it take for you people to say, "You know what? These people are dicks. Their music rocks, sure, but I'm not going to buy into this hero-worship anymore."

An unpopular opinion is just that, no matter how it's worded.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The Boss said

Ravenpig said

toolphishdhs said

njbrey15 said

hey 4 posts. STFU

Tha Phish was remarking on how this dude can have an opinion (even after being a lurker) with only four posts. Which is pretty rude, really.

So we need to have high post counts to have an opinion?  Fuck that, even you don't really believe that.  I've seen people join and immediately start talking shit about Tool and somehow their opinion is just fine and dandy.  And you know that is true.

(We don't have to agree on everything to get along just fine, by the way.  No I am not hitting on you.  Unless you want me to.)
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig said

The Boss said

Ravenpig said

toolphishdhs said

njbrey15 said

hey 4 posts. STFU

So we need to have high post counts to have an opinion?  Fuck that, even you don't really believe that.  I've seen people join and immediately start talking shit about Tool and somehow their opinion is just fine and dandy.  And you know that is true.

(We don't have to agree on everything to get along just fine, by the way.  No I am not hitting on you.  Unless you want me to.)

Constantly. Let me have the hot babies I deserve.

No, it's just unreasonable to come out swinging without giving me, the person he's raging against, any chance to have ever replied and judged HIM based on his posts. How can I, based on the literally four things he's ever said here? If he is even a "he"? See? I don't even know that.

I would've thought that that was obvious; and frankly, my dear Pig, I'm disappointed that you missed that really obvious point.