Danny to debut new synth at Australian shows

Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

@BOB Thanks for reminding me to check on SP's site... Holy shit... new album next month... I've been slacking on checking on them... Again, thanks for the reminder.
insertcrypticnameher
Bronco's Fan

Post by insertcrypticnameher »

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

bob said

i dont know most of what all that gear means but i know what those 'subcon' things are. that would be Cevin Key from Skinny Puppys modules that he built a few months or so ago and was selling. Martin Gore from Depeche Mode bought some of his gear and a few other people i cant remember that are bigger names kinda. Danny is buddys with Cevin so its def no suprise hes in on the fun! skinny puppy is awesome btw!

That's how I came across the original video - CEvin Key posted it on his Facebook status update, and I shared it with FourthEye.

If you're not friends with Key on Facebook, do so. He has great music taste and is a rad dude.

Same with Kevin Rutmanis, as an aside. He has the most bizarre music and reading taste I've ever come across.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Zwerewolf said
Skinny Puppy is awesome and Cevin is most talented... I'd like to see them tour again. Still kicking myself in the ass for not going to see them in Frisco on Halloween a few years back. I just couldn't make it though...

Then you and I, Good Sir, are on a similar spiritual plane...

bob
Toast

Post by bob »

glad to see some Puppy fans kickin around! ya, Cevins been on my FB for a few years or more now. his thing is full but he has a like page or something, i cant remember but he has a couple pages now. Skinny Puppy is great live! the theatrics Ohgr does are great! and the thing i like live about them is the songs are a bit more accesible. their albums have grown on me but i can see how they are this big sorta underground band. when i heard them years and years ago i thought 'wtf is this?' and couldnt listen to it. seeing them live made me appreciate them cause the songs are more song like live and it just helped me get into it all.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

You guys know this old school goth girl loves her some Skinny Puppy!
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

inequitude said
Part 2 is layered better. The case is cool... unsure about the Pizza Hut towel.

Technically a Dodgers towel, presented by Pizza Hut. 

It was a giveaway item at a Dodger game last year.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

phox_ said
Did they use big enough screws on that thing?

Might be slightly over-engineered, but considering it is built to be taken on the road, I'd say better to err on the side of caution.

Equipment gets banged around quite a bit in trucks, boats, and planes.
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

Cant wait to hear it, shouldn't be too hard to recognize the sounds. I just like the blue glow, although a red KITT LED light on the top would look super cool! 
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

toolphishdhs said
holy shit, that quote got all fucked up. 

Fixed.  Tip:  Select the indented text and click the open quote icon " from the toolbar.  It moves the indent in or out, depending on where it currently is.  Hope that makes sense.  It's not very intuitive.

@ Junior - safe travels, and enjoy the trip.  Wish I could make it.

Ki77aan :twisted:
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

264zn said
sounds like R2D2 just snorted some of Walt's fine blue meth. Yep I would say where going to be privy to some new 'stuff'

that's funny
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

PS- I've seen them twice and here are the setlists....
Arco Arena Sacramento, CA 07/13/2010 (NOTE: Saw APC Mer De Noms set in Frisco two months later)
1.Third Eye
2.Jambi
(-) Ions
3.Stinkfist
4.Vicarious
5.Eon Blue Apocalypse
6.The Patient
7.Intolerance
8.Schism (Both Times Schism of Course had the Segue)
9.Forty-Six & 2
10.Lateralus
11.Ænema

Reno Events Center Reno, NV 01/14/2012 (This full show is on youtube)
1.Hooker With a Penis Play Video (for the first time since 1999)
2.Jambi
3.Stinkfist
4.Ticks & Leeches (for the first time since 2002)
5.Pushit (Album Version)
6.Schism
7.Intension
8.Forty-Six & 2
9.Lateralus
10.The Pot
11.Ænema
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

badkittygothgirl said
You guys know this old school goth girl loves her some Skinny Puppy!

I love Skinny Puppy so much, I don't even feed it.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

The second video was merkaba
sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

^ ya dude definately. He just makes some sounds right when he gets it and thinks " oh I guess that's kind of neat" and bam!  It's on the next album, or at the very least there gonna play it live right?....right? I mean he let someone take a video and put it online so it has to be. lol retarded
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Calfium Jay Said
April 25, 2013 at 5:37 pm
Zwerewolf said
Skinny Puppy is awesome and Cevin is most talented… I’d like to see them tour again. Still kicking myself in the ass for not going to see them in Frisco on Halloween a few years back. I just couldn’t make it though…

CalfiumJay said:
Then you and I, Good Sir, are on a similar spiritual plane…

Good to know there are some people with good taste out there. I almost feel silly saying this but I really hope for an industrial revival... at least the club portion of it. I love dancing at EBM/Industrial clubs.

I saw "The Faint" back in October and a band called TRUST opened up for them... They are on a righteous path to industrial revival if I may say so. I believe the singer actually writes everything and takes a band on the road with him. Much like someone we all know and love.

PS- That someone we all know and love... has a pretty bitchin show with his wife. Saw them last week in Monterey and may I say... WTF! How did they come up with that stage setup!? (HTDA)
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

The music in that video sounds like Throbbing Gristle.

So much so, I thought they had just pasted some Gristle music over the top of the video as an effect.

Everybody here should check out Throbbing Gristle AT LEAST once in their lives..

[video][/video]
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

@CalfiumJay
Throbbing Gristle is also DOPE! You know what I've really been looking for is "Download" one of Cevin's other bands.
einnor
Maynard Believer

Post by einnor »

check out Red Sky Burial's facebook page

not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

No
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

^

Sensational!!!
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

junior said

phox_ said
Did they use big enough screws on that thing?

Might be slightly over-engineered, but considering it is built to be taken on the road, I'd say better to err on the side of caution.

Equipment gets banged around quite a bit in trucks, boats, and planes.

Holy crap... howdy stranger... safe travels on your tour down this way
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining