Tool postpone Adelaide show

Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

i checked my instagram a while ago and saw this. Feel bad for him now that I went on a massive rant about the show.. oh well, hope he gets better.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

James said

toolphishdhs said

Tyson said

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! worst trip ever. 

Oops! This is probably the funniest post I've read on here. Sucks for this fella, though 

dropping acid never sucks, Maynard's voice does.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
T0ken
Maynard Believer

Post by T0ken »

The cancelation makes sense;

There was something wrong with Maynard for the Melbourne show, he missed verses/chorus and i'm pretty sure he was throwing up.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^  Vicariously I... Puke while the whole world whines....
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Had a quick chat with Junior - he seems to think they should have a good idea if the show will go ahead by about lunchtime today.  
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Tyson said

Anybody else notice the post count?

Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Bogart said
They are going to murder their setlist and throw in a goody like Eulogy for you guys...

What a shame though for those that have flights back and what not.

Not if it's a problem with his voice. If anything, they'll probably stick to easy-to-sing songs. And I wouldn't count "Eulogy" as being one of them.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
MarryHanback
of Arimathea

Post by MarryHanback »

T0ken said

There was something wrong with Maynard for the Melbourne show, he missed verses/chorus and i'm pretty sure he was throwing up.

Perhaps, but he was faultless on Sunday night.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

MarryHanback said

T0ken said

Yeah, I find that interesting - I've also heard he was great on Sunday which made me expect he was on the mend.  I guess it depends on what he has though - sometimes with a cold of flu the nausea can come first, and then dry & sore throats after that.  Giving Maynard the benefit of the doubt for now, and hoping he's all good for this evening.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

MarryHanback said

T0ken said

Yeah, I find that interesting - I've also heard he was great on Sunday which made me expect he was on the mend.  I guess it depends on what he has though - sometimes with a cold of flu the nausea can come first, and then dry & sore throats after that.  Giving Maynard the benefit of the doubt for now, and hoping he's all good for this evening.

You mentioned you'd know by lunch time? Any updates?

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
MarryHanback
of Arimathea

Post by MarryHanback »

hellboy1975 said

There was no sign of him being sick whatsoever. No bad notes, missed sections, and generally high spirits. I found it somewhat odd that the postponement came through so late in the day. Initially, made me a bit sceptical thinking he was more likely stuck somewhere out in the Barossa having had 'tasted' a few too many. As you say though, benefit of the doubt & here's hoping no news is good news for tonight.   
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

You mentioned you'd know by lunch time? Any updates?

No word yet, I presume Junior will let me know if/when he gets the chance.  Also I'm expecting no news is good news - no way the promoter could afford to have the Entertainment Centre fully staffed and on stand by for two no-shows in a row.
Sprout
Bronco's Fan

Post by Sprout »

Facebook...

"Adelaide Entertainment Centre Hi Everyone - All go for tonight's TOOL concert! Please keep checking our page for any updates on running times. Thanks!"
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Sprout said
Facebook...

"Adelaide Entertainment Centre Hi Everyone - All go for tonight's TOOL concert! Please keep checking our page for any updates on running times. Thanks!"

Excellent news
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Tyson said

Update

mi3rdfist
Maynard Believer

Post by mi3rdfist »

I was just about to dip into my bag of goodies too, when every ones phone on the west entrance began buzzing. It was a very close call, had enough trouble getting to sleep last night as it was (nightshift worker).

On my very first post here a few days ago I mistakenly ended with "looking forward to Wednesday night", before editing it a few hours later to Tuesday. Looks like I was right the first time...fingers crossed.

Called in on the Lady Daly hotel, pre show and enjoyed Maynards wine tasting at the sip and listen. Great drop's and it appears I have expensive taste as my preferred bottle was the priciest. It'll be worth it I'm sure.

Any one know if they will do another sip and listen tonight? Great experience if you get the chance.

On my way out of the pub to the line up a couple pulled me up with the "like your shirt" classic ice breaker and we got chattin. They flew over from Perth and luckily were staying a few days. Not so lucky was this guy who drove 4 hrs down from Quorn in the Flinders Ranges. He was gettin his money back and headin home empty handed, I think he couldnt afford or get another day off work.

As for me, I tell work I wont be in, not ask.

Scalpers get out of jail free card last night. Counted around 50 tickets on gumtree alone. Groups of 4 from dudes in Sydney. Those who cannot attend Wednesday nights performance have until last post 7th May to get money back.

Looking forward to tonight.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

mi3rdfist said 
Any one know if they will do another sip and listen tonight? Great experience if you get the chance.[

Nope, they were flying back home this morning, so definitely no second wine tasting (that and the fact i think those who showed up pretty much drank everything they brought across with them!).

Will be interesting to see what the crowd is like.  Didn't seem like ticket sales were that strong to begin with, and it wouldn't surprise me if there were 20% of people unable to go for various reasons.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

The late decision was most likely due to waiting until after sound check to see how his voice was doing. I believe there was another doctor visit after sound check, and that's when the decision was made. We had initially thought to know by noon today, but I think noon was when the decision was made to try another sound check. That will happen around 4pm today, so a final decision should be known by then. I'm mostly guessing, myself, so this is by no means the official word. 
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Also, I first heard about the postponement from Hellboy, so he'll probably know before I do. 
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Hope Maynard is good to go and the show goes on.  Good luck, ya'll.

And keep us posted!
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Thanks for the updates Junior.  Fingers crossed all is well!
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

TOOL effing TOOL ‏@Tool 3min

Throat blown out, Adelaide cancelled, sorry guys and dolls, don't know about the rest of the concerts either, FUCK. @adamjones_tv @mjkeenan
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

^nice try
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Thanks