Tool postpone Adelaide show

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Update: The Adelaide Entertainment Centre are reporting on Facebook that they've been given the all clear for the show, so looks like it's all good for tonight!

Update 2: Looks like Maynard has confirmed also:

Last nite only 1st gear outta 5. 2day we're runnin about 4th. Fuck it. Lets do this. If ya can't find em, grind em

Well, quite a surreal night tonight. One minute I'm sitting in the pub enjoying some of Maynard's finest work at the Sip & Listen wine tasting event, the next everyone in the room gets an SMS at the same time saying the Tool show had been postponed until tomorrow. The mood in the room sobered up pretty quickly! Official word from Frontier is:

URGENT: ADELAIDE TOOL CONCERT POSTPONED FROM TONIGHT TO TOMORROW NIGHT WED 1 MAY

The Frontier Touring Company regret to advise that we have just been notified that Tool’s Adelaide’s performance scheduled for this evening has been postponed to tomorrow, Wednesday 1 May.

Maynard James Keenan has been advised by doctors against performing this evening.

Tonight’s concert will be rescheduled to tomorrow night – Wednesday 1 May. All tickets remain valid and as allocated and do not need to be exchanged.

If a patron is unable to attend tomorrow night, they are advised to seek a refund immediately from their original point of purchase. Please seek a refund by Monday 6 May.

Meanwhile Maynard has the following to say in Twitter:

Effing throat won't go. Adelaide show is postponed until Mañana, May 1st. Sorry

I feel bad for the several Tool fans I spoke to who had flights back home to Perth and other locations in the morning. Get well soon Maynard!

Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

How far away is the venue to you HB?

Its such a shame this happened, but don't good things come from unfortunate mishaps like this!?! 
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Hotdog said
How far away is the venue to you HB?

About a 30 minute drive.  I did get a free bottle of wine, but I probably would have got that anyway...
bpy1609
Maynard Believer

Post by bpy1609 »

Hope he gets better. All though usually after a singer fights off a sickness with their voice, it comes back stronger and better. I saw Radiohead last year after Thom Yorke was sick days before, he repared himself and was amazing when I saw him!!! Hope Maynard can do the same
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ bpy1609 - Agreed and Welcome by the way.

Bummed for you and anyone else who was affected, esp those who will ultimately miss the show.

These things happen, but it's not fun for anyone.
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Going to repost what I said in the other thread in hopes that my dipshitty little positive anecdote might raise your spirits a bit:

If it makes any of you reassured, he struggled with flu or something in 2006 on the first major leg of 10K Days touring. I got tickets to see them in Kansas City and Chicago. KC is a 16 hour drive from my home, and they had to cancel the two shows prior to the KC one. So we had a choice: stay home and not risk the drive/money going up there and possibly miss a show, or go and possibly have them cancel another show or maybe get a subpar performance.

The KC show was his first one back, still sick, and they fucking destroyed that place, Maynard included. Even performed The Pot that night despite being told not to. So... I wouldn't worry too much.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

This guy is sick alright, sick of being in TOOL.
demorgan
Bronco's Fan

Post by demorgan »

Its such a shame this happened, but don’t good things come from unfortunate mishaps like this!?!

-WTF! do you look out the window and see candy canes and rainbows? In the real world, there is no f'ing such thing. Damn!
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Thats a shame, But what can you do. I had a show in tucson postponed six months one time when carry fucked up his hand, was just about to leave tucson, just caught the show, they killedddd.

Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

I dont believe iv earned the Griper status, very positive one over here. but dont really give a damn.

Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

A friend of mine on Instagram told me that Maynard was puking at the show he went to last week. That sucks! This friend of mind also purchased the VIP package and has a picture of he and Adam posted. He said the soundcheck was awesome and the Q&A had nothing revealing involved.

Shit happens and it sucks for all the people that have to get refunds and will more than likely to be reimbursed for their plane tickets etc... Sounds like Maynard really is sick though...

On another note which is just as shitty as this note... I found out NIN, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Yeah Yeah Yeahs are headlining a festival in Golden Gate Park which is only 2 hours away from me... went to buy a 1 day pass for the wife and I and found out you can only buy a 3 day pass for $350.... per person.... pshhhh.... shitty.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

Actually... the festival note isn't quite as shitty... I'm re-thinking that. It sucks what's going on with TOOL. All I can hope is that Maynard gets better and has time to rest so he can finish the tour.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Sorry to hear this news.  Esp sucks for those with flights...

This would probably be the only reason that I might try to scalp the ticket for more than face to "make up" for missing the show. 

At least you would get a little extra scratch out of the deal.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Zwerewolf said
Shit happens and it sucks for all the people that have to get refunds and will more than likely to be reimbursed for their plane tickets etc...

Are you saying Tool will pay for plane ticket refund? Psssh

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
nousername
of Arimathea

Post by nousername »

@Zwerewolf I'm going to Outside Lands, it's walking distance from my apartment. My 3 day pass for was $284 total, and it wasn't a discounted ticket. But single day tickets always go on sale in July when it is announced who is playing on what day. So far tickets have never sold out before single day tix went on sale.

Anywho hope Maynard gets better and kicks ass finishing the tour!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Intension said
I dont believe iv earned the Griper status, very positive one over here. but dont really give a damn.

The titles are attached to post counts 100 posts = Griper, so on and so forth.
Don't mow your lawn
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

bigboy55693 May 1, 2013 at 11:18 am

Zwerewolf said
Shit happens and it sucks for all the people that have to get refunds and will more than likely to be reimbursed for their plane tickets etc…

Are you saying Tool will pay for plane ticket refund? Psssh

-No not saying that at all... what I meant to say was more than likely will NOT be refunded for their air fare.... that sucks... They'll get a refund on their ticket though for sure.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

UndKeineEier said

Intension said

The titles are attached to post counts 100 posts = Griper, so on and so forth.

I actually had to google "Curmudgeon" haha

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

demorgan said
Its such a shame this happened, but don’t good things come from unfortunate mishaps like this!?!

-WTF! do you look out the window and see candy canes and rainbows? In the real world, there is no f'ing such thing. Damn!

I guess i have a happy disposition in life. I totally failed at Cunt School, although some around here passed with flying colours! 

Well it is coming on to winter and i have seen plenty of rainbows lately. Haven't you heard of Victoria's weather?
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ That was fucking funny.

But who knows?  He may have been one of the few to actually see Tool play last night... in his own head.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

They are going to murder their setlist and throw in a goody like Eulogy for you guys...

What a shame though for those that have flights back and what not.
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

toolphishdhs said

Tyson said

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! worst trip ever. 

Oops! This is probably the funniest post I've read on here. Sucks for this fella, though 
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

[spoiler]That would be awesome if they played an extra goody goody song... Parabol/Parabola, Eulogy, H., Hooker With a Penis was awesome in RENO and oh the endless list of awesome songs they could play as special treats... Maybe "You Lied" by Peach?[/spoiler]
Then again, maybe Maynard will just tell everyone to go fuck themselves and they'll blow their setlist out of the water but add nothing special... (doubtful)