Adam drops The Pot hint?

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I'll still most likely purchase it, however I'd appreciate there being more than just a shitty commentry and Lustmord remix on it this time. Then again I thought the Parabol & Schism commentaries were pretty funny.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

You didn't enjoy the David Cross commentary, but dug the other two? Interesting. I enjoyed them all.

note: I would totally like to see more. Granted, people never seem to mention the rather sizable documentary that was included on Vicarious.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Another one.
Don't mow your lawn
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

The pics are cool, but theres really nothing to suggest these other ones have anything to do with The Pot. I hope these new ones do because they look rad. But, i kind of imagine this is Adam's everyday life, dealing with rare oddities of art. Or just dead things, he really seems to love dead things...!

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

joeypants said
You didn't enjoy the David Cross commentary, but dug the other two? Interesting. I enjoyed them all.

Nah, didn't enjoy it at all.  David Yow and Jello Biafra were both much more interesting I thought.  

I don't think very highly of the video itself to be honest.  I watched it a again and the CGI feels pretty second rate in parts.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Vicarious is far and away their least impressive video. The CGI is flat out bad in the big Alex Grey section. I'm frankly surprised they didn't keep it shelved or abandon the project. I really enjoy the idea and all, just thought the execution in that section fell quite flat. I like the desert stuff though, it's not as bad. I did really miss the tactile feel of all the other videos though. Hence, why I was so excited to hear about him going back to stop-motion for The Pot.

I love the David Cross commentary best of all the commentaries they've had though. I assume Cross just annoys you in general? He has that capacity for some people.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

joeypants said 

I love the David Cross commentary best of all the commentaries they've had though. I assume Cross just annoys you in general? He has that capacity for some people.

Don't really know his work well enough for him to annoy me.  I just found it uninteresting.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

HB, Arrested Development. Check it out.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Mr. Show with Bob and David is fantastic as well.
Don't mow your lawn
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

I've never been an insane fan or anything but Cross's letter to Larry The Cable Guy is pretty epicish...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

cheeseballs said
I've never been an insane fan or anything but Cross's letter to Larry The Cable Guy is pretty epicish...

http://beatpatrol.wordpress.com/2010/05 ... -guy-2007/

It is indeed pretty epicish.
Don't mow your lawn
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

UndKeineEier said

cheeseballs said

http://beatpatrol.wordpress.com/2010/05 ... -guy-2007/

It is indeed pretty epicish.

Love me a good suffix 
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Though I have to admit that him saying gay jokes are easy is kind of ridiculous given that his character in Arrested Development was one big gay joke, but otherwise I thought it was great.
Don't mow your lawn
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

If we're going to reduce Tobias to "one big gay joke" (I'd heavily argue against that), let's at least admit that it's far and away the most nuanced and layered gay joke in the history of mankind. 
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

joeypants said
If we're going to reduce Tobias to "one big gay joke" (I'd heavily argue against that), let's at least admit that it's far and away the most nuanced and layered gay joke in the history of mankind. 

And longest. Three seasons, and they managed to avoid the joke ever becoming stale.

Michael Bluth: [looking at a gift basket Michael received] Didn't you get one of those, too? You bought Lindsay at the same auction.
Tobias Fünke: I'm afraid I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run if you will, so I'm afraid I have something of a mess on my hands.
Michael Bluth: There's so many poorly chosen words in that sentence.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I'll admit that I did exaggerate that quite a bit. Arrested Development certainly wasn't down at the same level as Larry the Cable Guy (and they certainly were never made in the same kind of spirit) but you have to admit Arrested Development wasn't exactly afraid of "easy" gay jokes.  I seem to recall a certain character mistaking a group of gay activists for pirates.  Now admittedly the joke wasn't that gay people look like pirates, but that Tobias confused them for pirates, but it's still a joke predicated on the stereotype that gay people dress garishly.  That's a pretty "easy" depiction of gay people if I've ever seen one.

Don't get me wrong, I love Arrested Development and I did think that joke was hilarious, as was Tobias, but their depiction of gay people wasn't always as nuanced as the rest of the show.

There were also some pretty easy gay jokes on Mr. Show, but that was the '90s so I guess it's forgivable.
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

UndKeineEier said
I'll admit that I did exaggerate that quite a bit. Arrested Development certainly wasn't down at the same level as Larry the Cable Guy (and they certainly were never made in the same kind of spirit) but you have to admit Arrested Development wasn't exactly afraid of "easy" gay jokes.  I seem to recall a certain character mistaking a group of gay activists for pirates.  Now admittedly the joke wasn't that gay people look like pirates, but that Tobias confused them for pirates, but it's still a joke predicated on the stereotype that gay people dress garishly.  That's a pretty "easy" depiction of gay people if I've ever seen one.

Don't get me wrong, I love Arrested Development and I did think that joke was hilarious, as was Tobias, but their depiction of gay people wasn't always as nuanced as the rest of the show.

There were also some pretty easy gay jokes on Mr. Show, but that was the '90s so I guess it's forgivable.

In that scene, the gay people were doing, like, a parade or demonstration or something. Homosexuals tend to go all-out for those kinds of events (Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, anyone?). That's why they were dressed garishly.

I don't know, I always thought the writers handled homosexuals with a certain degree of sensitivity. There's nothing quite like a good gay joke, though.

Back on topic: What does everyone think the theme of the video will be? Jones has famously posted precious little to go on, but I guess enough to entertain SOME ideas.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

^and Michael Bluth even looks at them with envy because of how free and fun loving they are.

I've no idea on the video. I'm sure it'll be dark and mysterious though.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I honestly hope it's just a black background (blackground?) with diaphanistated organisms dancing around in front.  Probably wouldn't be the best music video, but it would make an awesome screensaver.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

crow011 said 
Back on topic: What does everyone think the theme of the video will be? Jones has famously posted precious little to go on, but I guess enough to entertain SOME ideas.

Severed limbs is about all we know.  
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Wasn't there a bat in one of the shots? No one has ANY theories?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I had forgotten about that arm.

It would probably be something like:

Guy in suit does some weird shit, gets his arm chopped off, bugs eat it, then eyes, bat, Alex Grey artwork, lots of colors, and end.  That was easier than I thought.
Don't mow your lawn
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

UndKeineEier said

Recently I was not-so-eloquently referred to as a "Butt-Pirate" because of the University I attended.  Normally I would have confronted this person in a more aggressive manner (I remember scowling, looking at the floor thinking to myself, "Did this fuckstick just say what I just heard?"...and not saying anything), however it was during a job interview.  
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

What evidence is there to suggest that this dude is working on a video for The Pot?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Hearsay mostly, the only thing I think comes close to actual evidence is the hashtag on one of his instagram photos "#httepo" or something like that.
Hey! Denty!