Adam drops The Pot hint?

nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Looks similar to Adam's painting that went up at the Sloan Fine Art Gallery in 2010.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Similar as in: it's the exact same painting. I knew I'd seen it somewhere before, but wasn't about to go digging. 
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

crow011 said 
Fuck me, Jones is edgy as all Hell. If he keeps this up, we'll have to start calling him "The Edge", instead of that douchebag from U2.

Is Adam trying to be edgy?  What the fuck does edgy even mean in this context anyway?

Dark, neo-Gothic, blurry art/photography.

Edgy.

Chill dude. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.

Until they come out with something concrete, I'm completely entitled to call this as I see it - vague, pretentious hints at a waste-of-time project based on a song that came out over half a decade ago.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan said
I would be highly amused if Adam is just completely trolling, posting random shit and sitting back waiting for the inevitable speculation and confusion to ensue.... kinda like what's happening on this thread.  LOLz. 

I would have a helluva lot more respect for him, if that were true, than I do now.

TheZemkla
Maynard Believer

Post by TheZemkla »

whyseeagel = eye wash gel. 

(you're going to need to use some "eye wash gel" after prolonged use of 3D GLASSES)

hottep = the pot

(the music video for "the pot" will be in 3D)
TheZemkla
Maynard Believer

Post by TheZemkla »

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

nxrm said
Looks similar to Adam's painting that went up at the Sloan Fine Art Gallery in 2010.

Check on horrible frame?

Check.

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

TheZemkla said
whyseeagel = eye wash gel. 

(you're going to need to use some "eye wash gel" after prolonged use of 3D GLASSES)

hottep = the pot

(the music video for "the pot" will be in 3D)

I thought that was already all-but-confirmed.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

could be someone else's painting, someone maybe close to adam, someone close to adam who might also be an artist ergot it might not be tool related at all?

*and by the way, neither my arms nor my back muscles are getting tired from holding all this magnificent hardware!*

heh heh...hardware.... 
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Davvda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Davvda »

I'll go out on a limb and say that almost every picture he uploads is atleast 10 years old.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Davvda said
I'll go out on a limb and say that almost every picture he uploads is atleast 10 years old.

It certainly gets to the point where we presume all pictures are from the video.  For all we know none of them are.  I do hope there's some kind of announcement or update soon.  I know some a frustrated that this is a 6 year old project, but from my perspective I'd love to hear some kind of meaningful Tool update that's something other than just "they're still writing".  I don't even care if it's not album news.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said

Davvda said

It certainly gets to the point where we presume all pictures are from the video.  For all we know none of them are.  I do hope there's some kind of announcement or update soon.  I know some a frustrated that this is a 6 year old project, but from my perspective I'd love to hear some kind of meaningful Tool update that's something other than just "they're still writing".  I don't even care if it's not album news.

A 'wake me up when it's over' situation for all of us.

Pay no attention to the band behind the curtain!

They have nothing to offer!

Go away!

Shit or get off
Davvda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Davvda »

Completely agree. Right now, no matter what it is, any activity is good activity.
elusivEuphoria
Maynard Believer

Post by elusivEuphoria »

re: the next anal bum cover

They need to back off the involvement of Alex Grey's art imo. Nothing against what he/they've done up to this point. But another album saturated in his art would be really underwhelming. My feeling is that Tool's music has told a story; that story pretty much ended with Lateralus and was more or less tied up with 10,000 Days. I'd say they're in a musically transitional phase, which is my theory as to why this album has taken as long as it has to write. They're taking their time rediscovering themselves.

That's my theory anyway. :/

If there is any truth to that... yeah... it's time to find a new visual style to pair with the music. I'm sure Alex's friendship and involvement with the band wouldn't be put in jeopardy if they decided to go for some different visuals.
Nostrenominon
Maynard Believer

Post by Nostrenominon »

joeypants said
Similar as in: it's the exact same painting. I knew I'd seen it somewhere before, but wasn't about to go digging. 

It's obviously not the same exact painting you dolt.

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

You're right actually. It's the same exact character just revised with more straightened/even features. I can see why this warrants me being called a "dolt." How I didn't perfectly recall the imperfectly aligned features of the same exact figure from the last painting, I'm sure I don't know.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Fuck you for not having a photographic memory!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said
Fuck you for not having a photographic memory!

that's mean
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

joeypants said
You're right actually. It's the same exact character just revised with more straightened/even features. I can see why this warrants me being called a "dolt." How I didn't perfectly recall the imperfectly aligned features of the same exact figure from the last painting, I'm sure I don't know.

Serves you right. What kind of TOOL fan are you anyway?

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

What's actually funny is in real life, I'm constantly touting my "photographic memory." haha. DAMN MY ARROGANCE!!!
jimmyeleven
Maynard Believer

Post by jimmyeleven »

UndKeineEier said

cheese said
fuck puzzles

fucking stupid 

Fuck puzzles are my favorite kind of puzzle.

They're only made of two pieces though, so it isn't too difficult, especially if the person who brings one is easy. 
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

jimmyeleven said

UndKeineEier said

cheese said
fuck puzzles

fucking stupid 

They're only made of two pieces though, so it isn't too difficult, especially if the person who brings one is easy. 

YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

jimmyeleven said

UndKeineEier said

cheese said
fuck puzzles

fucking stupid 

LOL, great first post.

jimmyeleven
Maynard Believer

Post by jimmyeleven »

Sadly, not my First post, just my first post.  I've had 3 or 4 now between the old TA forum, and every version of 4th Eye.  But thanks!
toolrocks
Maynard Believer

Post by toolrocks »

From MJK's wine website: Thursday, December 27th, 2012
Cellar Additions
Our trip to Italy ended up being far more expensive than I’d previously thought. Once I saw the larger format barrels and casks, I was screwed. Must. Have. Gallon for gallon, with regards to price, these items are basically on par with the higher quality French barriques we use anyway.
I guess this means for us less TOOL writing and more puscifer and APC shows. Oh lets not forget the show in the far east, the cash to pay for those expensive barrels and casks has to come from somewhere. Time to pay up sheep!!!!!