A Perfect Circle prepare for Las Vegas show

Discuss Maynard and Billy's side project
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

"One Special Night" lol. That's lame to keep playing the eMOTIVe songs. I thought maybe they'd throw in at least another new song, besides "By and Down."
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

I just don't understand why they keep touring. It's like, why would you bother touring if you haven't released anything in over half a decade?

Hmmm . . .
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
PosterFiend
Maynard Believer

Post by PosterFiend »

All in all it was a decent show but for god fucking sake if I hear one more fucking song off of Emotive I am done with this band. On top of it all the line to get in was ridiculous. We missed the first 2 songs of the show. I am not disappointed since one of them was Imagine. Standing in line for beer was well worth missing it.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said
The may only have 2 albums or originals, but that's more than enough songs to never have to touch the abortion that was eMotive.

Not to tour on for a decade and not hear some shit from fans.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

They're hearing shit from fans anyway. At least in that situation they'd be bitching about original songs. Plus you're forgetting that they hadn't toured since 2004 and those 27 originals would be pretty fresh sounding in a live setting again.

I'm not one to be bothered by setlists but I wouldn't wanna see that again.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I'm sure they're good shows, I just really find it hard to get excited about eMotive tracks.  I can't think of any bands on the planet I'd be happy to go see play covers, especially when they have two albums I love (and haven't seen live) that they can draw from.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy1975 said
I'm sure they're good shows, I just really find it hard to get excited about eMotive tracks.  I can't think of any bands on the planet I'd be happy to go see play covers, especially when they have two albums I love (and haven't seen live) that they can draw from.

The two shows I saw in SF, for the first two albums, were excellent.  I had a chance to go to the third night for eMotive and declined.  I totally agree that for a single show, there should be at MOST two songs from eMotive, by far the weakest of the three.
Ki77aan :twisted:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

I'd gladly watch a full hour and a half of KRISTIN HERSH doing covers, for example.

I saw the squircle before "EMOTIVE", so I missed out on the butthurt. Thank fuck.

ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

December 29, 2012, Las Vegas
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Sosa
Maynard Believer

Post by Sosa »

This Emotive hate has gotta stop you geeks, the live versions are so nasty. I understand the replay of the 2011 set, and im kinda glad I didnt make the trip from MA to Vegas, but id take Gimmie over Judith any day!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Sosa said
id take Gimmie over Judith any day!

Thanks for the insight.  I've just moved your opinion into the "disregard" pile.
nousername
of Arimathea

Post by nousername »

hellboy1975 said
Seems like interest in APC is pretty low at the moment. Really not excited by that setlist at all.

Looking at the sets from the Festival shows from summer 2011 seemed to have less Emotive songs than the headlining shows did.  So hopefully for you sake that will be the case for the Soundwave shows.
rzrbck79
Maynard Believer

Post by rzrbck79 »

Sosa
Maynard Believer

Post by Sosa »

hellboy1975 said

Sosa said

Thanks for the insight.  I've just moved your opinion into the "disregard" pile.

No problem bro, you've seen APC way more times then I have...wait, no you havent.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

Sosa said

I've never seen you so passionately hate on an album before.

I feel a little closer to you now . . .

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Sosa said

hellboy1975 said

Sosa said

No problem bro, you've seen APC way more times then I have...wait, no you havent.

That's a pretty weak argument. Seeing a band a bunch of times doesn't make your opinion somehow more valid. Especially in this age of Youtube.

grr915
Bronco's Fan

Post by grr915 »

When I saw APC in Philly I was a little dissappointed in all of the eMotive songs, I wish they would have played more "A Perfect Circle" songs. Although I do agree that I thought songs such as annihilation and Gimme were a lot better live than on the album
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Here's a collection of photos from the show: http://www.purevolume.com/festivals/pho ... ct-circle/
jelousjane
Maynard Believer

Post by jelousjane »

Vegas was my first APC show. It was ok. Didn't care for the eMotive but whatever.
~ JJ
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

jelousjane said
Vegas was my first APC show. It was ok. Didn't care for the eMotive but whatever.

Hey JJ.  I think it was a very weird choice for a one-off show like that.  They could have really done something special.  Bummer.  But at least you got a trip out of it.  8`)
Ki77aan :twisted: