APC Box set coming in December

Discuss Maynard and Billy's side project
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Re: APC Box set coming in December

Post by Ravenpig »

I like the way HB thinks about this song! (Because it matches how I think of it, and if someone thinks like me, they can't possibly be wrong!)
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I love both of your pics btw. The Fett mobile rules.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I would have purchased this if they released some sort of trailer showing what the live music would sound like.

Oh well, pirate bay and youtube ahoy!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Not Tyson wrote:I would have purchased this if they released some sort of trailer showing what the live music would sound like.

Oh well, pirate bay and youtube ahoy!
They probably got everything off pirate bay and YouTube, so can't let let a trailer spoil that surprise.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
levba
My pain is just an excuse

Post by levba »

If anyone is interested...I'll sell my box set for $1000 plus shipping of course. This price is for Tool fans only. If you don't like Tool I'll give an additional 20% off.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

levba wrote:If anyone is interested...I'll sell my box set for $1000 plus shipping of course. This price is for Tool fans only. If you don't like Tool I'll give an additional 20% off.
$1000? To the bay we go oh hoy!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

So I guess this wasn't even worth further ridicule?

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

At least it had some of what I presume is By And Down at the end. Speaking of which:
SPIN and a variety of radio stations will be premiering "By And Down" on Monday at 9 am eastern, we'll post links as we get 'em.
And
After reading your comments, we've decided to make the audio and video from the now sold out box set, A Perfect Circle Live: Featuring Stone and Echo available digitally on Nov. 26. There are a total of five digital releases being made available: Stone And Echo (DVD), Stone And Echo (audio), Mer De Noms Live (audio), Thirteenth Step Live (audio) and eMOTIVe Live (audio, and includes live versions of the band's new song "By And Down" as well as the "Diary of a Madman/Lovesong" medley. We'll post pre-order links as soon as they are available.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

If that means it'll be on rhapsody then I'm happy
Hey! Denty!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Okey.. By and down. Really like this song but the production is just jack shit. Maynard seems uhm.. disconnected? What I mean is not giving it all. I'd give it a 7/10. Great song but terrible production.

http://www.spin.com/articles/a-perfect- ... test-hits/
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

Maynard sounds a little different on this one, I agree. Yet I believe this was on purpose. Maybe he decided to go with a more natural way and get rid of all the voice-post-processing so that he can keep up with the song when he performs it live on stage. The live versions actually sound equally well, in regards to his voice at least....
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Ettan wrote:Okey.. By and down. Really like this song but the production is just jack shit. Maynard seems uhm.. disconnected? What I mean is not giving it all. I'd give it a 7/10. Great song but terrible production.

http://www.spin.com/articles/a-perfect- ... test-hits/
Gotta disagree. I am usually fairly critical of old Nardo but when he is on the guy still has it. Maynard sounds excellent and Billy is solid like he always is. 8 / 10
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Yeah I really enjoyed the studio version better than the live one. Heard the song played live twice and was kind of bored of it. The studio puts more depth to it.

Ettan: I don't think the production is shit. Maybe it's because we are streaming it off of a website. I think it sounds great!

8/10. Nothing spectacular but a really solid song. Makes me want more new APC. Wait, fuck me, I really want new Tool way before new APC. ;)
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I like it. Much better than the live version I heard.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I thought Maynard sounded pretty good on the track, but it's not one that stretches his vocal ability by any means. As a APC track, it was ok - I don't think it really holds up compared to their best work and would probably only be a B-side if recorded during Mer De Noms and 13th Step times. I'd probably give it a 7/10
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

MJ sounded fine, if anything the drum&bass sounded off to me. Nd yeah, kinda sounds like a 13thStep track.

I approve. ;.)
also, Avatar!
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

hellboy wrote:I thought Maynard sounded pretty good on the track, but it's not one that stretches his vocal ability by any means. As a APC track, it was ok - I don't think it really holds up compared to their best work and would probably only be a B-side if recorded during Mer De Noms and 13th Step times. I'd probably give it a 7/10
yeah it's ok for what it is ... but far from brilliant, especially when compared to their other work ... not sure if it's the vocal sentiment or just Maynie's general tone, but it sounds like it could be one of the better puscifer releases of recent times
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
mcnadd
Maynard Believer

Post by mcnadd »

perfect example of a great song lacking a proper producer and masterer. i must use my mistakes against you. there is no other choice.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

That song goes nowhere
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

it's an excellent heroin song.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

i think it sounds pretty good. i m not sure what is not to like about this song
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

It sounds better than I thought it would. I still like the live version better (Portland, OR to be exact). Until we all buy the track on November 19th, there's this: http://m.spin.com/sites/all/files/mp3s/2094825066.mp3
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

brewdog123 wrote:i think it sounds pretty good. i m not sure what is not to like about this song
agreed.
MAGNUS
My pain is just an excuse

Post by MAGNUS »

I like the song. Not their best work, but still a good song. Would be excited if there was more new material but no point in b*tching about it.
fortysixand2 wrote:It sounds better than I thought it would. I still like the live version better (Portland, OR to be exact). Until we all buy the track on November 19th, there's this: http://m.spin.com/sites/all/files/mp3s/2094825066.mp3
The Oregon recording sounds pretty flat imo... The Charlotte or Berkeley recordings are much better.